"Good Work/Life Balance, Products & a Mission you can believe in, & a company focused on influencing the future"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The mission "To make everyone in the world" healthier is one that is talked up a lot but I feel most people do take it to heart here and it is something much bigger that we can get behind, rather than just aiming for "profit over everything" - You get an understanding of how these products change and impact peoples' lives and you feel a responsibility to them to put out your best work possible, because for some people it really becomes a matter of life or death - Solid office perks like Friday Happy Hours, guided workouts & meditations, healthy snacks in the kitchens, regular company wide activities like step competitors, good location in downtown San Francisco, internal testing opportunities to help influence future product launches - Most people I have met and worked with are friendly and willing to help if you know how to ask. I've never really run into anyone with a snobby or "above-it-all" attitude and it definitely helps with the work flow. - Unlimited PTO, need I say more? Of course, use it responsibly and don't always be gone either, but if your work is done and it isn't a crazy time for the company I've never had an issue with a time off request. - You can feel the sense of community, especially when you see a lot of people gathered, at an all hands meeting for example, and you can feel when we all win or lose together. - Very open to self expression and supporting any extracurricular activities you're involved in and potentially bringing it to the company if you talk to the right people - Pretty recent, but there's been a strong push on diversity in the office and in recruiting which is nice to see that has become a priority, especially as someone who is considered "diverse"

Cons

- While the jobs can be good, I've found a lot of different teams seem to struggle with finding an upwards mobility path. There's been a recent push for learning and development, but a lot of people don't know where to go "up" from their roles. - That leads directly into a lot of turnover, so sometimes it's hard to find a contact for something you need when the one you know left and no comms were sent out about who is taking that over - I think it's seriously insane that we don't have a company gym. Yes, there's a small building owned "gym" in the basement, but it's a sorry excuse for a gym. I've seen hotel gyms with more equipment and space. Besides the obvious connection to fitness, it would also provide a cool environment for us to mingle in a different way and showcase features we love & use from our devices. - Could definitely use more "chill" areas or just places to work and get away from your desk and/or conference room.

Continue reading
  1. "Great place to work at"

5.0
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities, mentorship, lead projects, clear career path, high consumer impact work

Cons

Too much process, engineering could be Included more in roadmap talks

Fitbit Response

June 16, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the mentorship and learning opportunities that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

2. "Disappointing Management, Awful work-life balance"

2.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Half the company lives with the hope of the Google acquisition can go through and then management is going to change - HR does a great job of fighting for benefits on par with other large IT companies

Cons

- No work-life balance, we often work 14 hour days - Upper & lower Management works weekends and actively encourages others to do the same - You will get contacted on PTO and asked to deliver - There is no overtime - CEO effectively runs the prioritisation in the company's products, deeming the whole Product Org useless and creating a lot of waste - No clear path for growth - Everybody is defensive and avoids commitment on a regular basis

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Fitbit.