Fitbit - Good Work/Life Balance, Products & a Mission you can believe in, & a company focused on influencing the future | Glassdoor.ie

"Good Work/Life Balance, Products & a Mission you can believe in, & a company focused on influencing the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The mission "To make everyone in the world" healthier is one that is talked up a lot but I feel most people do take it to heart here and it is something much bigger that we can get behind, rather than just aiming for "profit over everything" - You get an understanding of how these products change and impact peoples' lives and you feel a responsibility to them to put out your best work possible, because for some... people it really becomes a matter of life or death - Solid office perks like Friday Happy Hours, guided workouts & meditations, healthy snacks in the kitchens, regular company wide activities like step competitors, good location in downtown San Francisco, internal testing opportunities to help influence future product launches - Most people I have met and worked with are friendly and willing to help if you know how to ask. I've never really run into anyone with a snobby or "above-it-all" attitude and it definitely helps with the work flow. - Unlimited PTO, need I say more? Of course, use it responsibly and don't always be gone either, but if your work is done and it isn't a crazy time for the company I've never had an issue with a time off request. - You can feel the sense of community, especially when you see a lot of people gathered, at an all hands meeting for example, and you can feel when we all win or lose together. - Very open to self expression and supporting any extracurricular activities you're involved in and potentially bringing it to the company if you talk to the right people - Pretty recent, but there's been a strong push on diversity in the office and in recruiting which is nice to see that has become a priority, especially as someone who is considered "diverse"

Cons

- While the jobs can be good, I've found a lot of different teams seem to struggle with finding an upwards mobility path. There's been a recent push for learning and development, but a lot of people don't know where to go "up" from their roles. - That leads directly into a lot of turnover, so sometimes it's hard to find a contact for something you need when the one you know left and no comms were sent out about... who is taking that over - I think it's seriously insane that we don't have a company gym. Yes, there's a small building owned "gym" in the basement, but it's a sorry excuse for a gym. I've seen hotel gyms with more equipment and space. Besides the obvious connection to fitness, it would also provide a cool environment for us to mingle in a different way and showcase features we love & use from our devices. - Could definitely use more "chill" areas or just places to work and get away from your desk and/or conference room.

Advice to Management

We're the owners of this space, and we need to act more like it. It is hard to see competitors gaining the edge over use over simple things that we could have implemented a while ago. We need to continue to innovate and push forward company wide and ensure Fitbit stays dominant in the futre. I can tell there has been a recent push on employee health & wellness which I can very much appreciate, but there's no... excuse to not providing a gym to the employees and I believe the majority of us can agree on that. I know we're all learning and growing so I understand growing pains, but let's work together and make the future Fitbit.

Fitbit2019-10-28
  1. "Great culture and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Ops

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

-Great culture -Smart people -Free snacks -Multiple wellness and fitness events -Great leadership team -Great benefits package

Cons

Career opportunities to grow are not clear

Fitbit2019-12-14

"Great people, great company"

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful employees - everyone I've worked with is extremely team-oriented, supportive, kind. We have a great work-life balance, fun happy hours on Fridays, as well as a number fitness/wellness events.

Cons

My one con is that contractors aren't included in some team/company events. I'm a contractor and still part of the team, so this is disappointing sometimes.

Fitbit2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about Fitbit.