"more cons than pros"

2.0
    Former Employee - English As A Second Language Teacher

I worked at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

sense of community in the office, lovely to work with local teachers

Cons

Your salary hardly goes up, there are no HR resources at all, paid way less than other teachers at language centres, duties far exceed what one it told in the beginning, no paid sick leave, some centres very rundown compared to other high tech and comfortable ones.

Continue reading

"I love this company"

5.0
    Current Freelancer - Adult Education Teacher

I have been working at EF English First for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible schedule, good management, freedom to work at own pace

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

Continue reading

EF English First Response

May 15, 2020Vice President

We love to hear that you love EF and we are glad to see that you’ve been with us for so long! We strive to offer quality resources to our teachers by providing consistent support, classes and innovations in the classroom. And while we know we don’t offer the highest pay in the market, we hope that you see the value of getting regular classes, which allows you to earn a stable income. A bonus is that you get to work with motivated students from across the globe while earning. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. "Good People Questionable Management"

4.0
    Former Employee - Foreign Teacher
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF English First full-time for more than a year

Pros

EF is one of the biggest leaders of education in China so you know it’s gonna be safe legally and financially. The people at my school were super nice and the kids were cute. My Director of Studies was amazing and always put her teachers first.

Cons

Communication is really not great between departments. Things always seem to be done last minute and the division of work was always unequal, with local Chinese teachers having more work thrust on them than foreign teachers. The pay is smaller than if you were to work at a kindergarten or other school but worth it for the security. Also there’s a bit of unfair treatment with hardworking staff being overlooked for less competent staff that are friends with management.

Discover more reviews about EF English First.