"Don't do it"

1.0
    Current Intern - ESL Teacher in Beijing, Beijing

I have been working at EF English First for more than 3 years

Pros

Mediocre pay. Other than that there are none.

Cons

*Crappy salary. *Hostile work environment. *Double standard. Native speakers get paid a little bit more than local teachers, but are treated ten times worse. *No appreciation. *Lots of classes with no time to prepare. *Management never helps answer questions. *People there are fake. *If you are a native speaker and aren't "teacher of the year", then management goes out of their way to get rid of you. *Waste of your life. *McDonald's of the ESL industry. *They lay off most of their employees after 6 months.

Continue reading
  1. "I love this company"

5.0
    Current Freelancer - Adult Education Teacher

I have been working at EF English First for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible schedule, good management, freedom to work at own pace

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

Continue reading

EF English First Response

May 15, 2020Vice President

We love to hear that you love EF and we are glad to see that you’ve been with us for so long! We strive to offer quality resources to our teachers by providing consistent support, classes and innovations in the classroom. And while we know we don’t offer the highest pay in the market, we hope that you see the value of getting regular classes, which allows you to earn a stable income. A bonus is that you get to work with motivated students from across the globe while earning. Thank you again for your feedback.

"Mixed Bag"

2.0
    Former Employee - Online Instructor

I worked at EF English First full-time

Pros

Gives you teaching experience if you have little or none and gets your foot in the door to Asia.

Cons

Terrible corporate management and low salaries. Work there one or two years, get the teaching experience required for actual schools and get out.

Discover more reviews about EF English First.