EF English First - Don't do it | Glassdoor.ie

"Don't do it"

Current Intern - ESL Teacher in Beijing, Beijing

I have been working at EF English First for more than 3 years

Pros

Mediocre pay. Other than that there are none.

Cons

*Crappy salary. *Hostile work environment. *Double standard. Native speakers get paid a little bit more than local teachers, but are treated ten times worse. *No appreciation. *Lots of classes with no time to prepare. *Management never helps answer questions. *People there are fake. *If you are a native speaker and aren't "teacher of the year", then management goes out of their way to get rid of you. *Waste... of your life. *McDonald's of the ESL industry. *They lay off most of their employees after 6 months.

Advice to Management

Don't sit around all day and actually try to help teachers when they need it.

EF English First2019-08-25

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Unresponsive Management Team, Lack of Communication, Little to No follow up"

Former Contractor - Instructor

I worked at EF English First for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the students and parents through the EF kids platform.

Cons

After joining the platform in Sept, there is little to no training or follow up from managers as they stated would occur. There is no flexibility surrounding technical issues or assistance. Management will not respond to emails or phone calls, no point in leaving a message. Very slow turn around time to open tickets. Unfair treatment of employees no time to appeal concerns or issues. Since I have been in employed... with them tickets generally take 5-7 days to get a response, now that I have been termed tickets were immediately closed.

Advice to Management

Communicate with new staff Return emails and voice messages Have a tenured person walk through the system with new hires Understand technical difficulties could be the EF platform as well Treat employees as a valued member Have flexibility around classroom options

EF English First2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about EF English First.