"The Good and the bad"

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will get plenty of classes working with EF. I was teaching 70 classes a week. The lesson plan is good. The pay is good.

Cons

After working 6 months with EF I was fired. The day that I was fired my lesson plan did not fully loaded up. I left the class and re-entered the class, I hoping the second time I would be able to see the lesson plan. However, this caused me to be 30 seconds late to class. EF was quick to terminate my contract and was unwilling to listen to me. I think they view their employees as disposable .

Continue reading

EF English First Response

July 30, 2019Vice President

We very much value the independent instructors on our platform and want to preserve these relationships for the benefit of the students on the platform, many of whom take lessons with the same teachers for several months in a row. For this and many other reasons, we strive to make sure that all teachers understand the platform set-up before they begin teaching, as well as student expectations that teachers arrive on time to the lesson. Though we always try to be flexible, given the young age of many of our students, we do need to make sure that lessons begin on time very consistently. If a teacher runs into a problem, we certainly would like to discuss the problem individually and try to understand it from all sides. We certainly regret that you feel that this did not happen in your case

1. "I love this company"

5.0
    Current Freelancer - Adult Education Teacher

I have been working at EF English First for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible schedule, good management, freedom to work at own pace

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

Continue reading

EF English First Response

May 15, 2020Vice President

We love to hear that you love EF and we are glad to see that you’ve been with us for so long! We strive to offer quality resources to our teachers by providing consistent support, classes and innovations in the classroom. And while we know we don’t offer the highest pay in the market, we hope that you see the value of getting regular classes, which allows you to earn a stable income. A bonus is that you get to work with motivated students from across the globe while earning. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. "ok"

4.0
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Japan, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

good location, nice worker and atmosphere

Cons

leverage low salaries, not good promotion

Discover more reviews about EF English First.