EF English First - The Good and the bad | Glassdoor.ie

"The Good and the bad"

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will get plenty of classes working with EF. I was teaching 70 classes a week. The lesson plan is good. The pay is good.

Cons

After working 6 months with EF I was fired. The day that I was fired my lesson plan did not fully loaded up. I left the class and re-entered the class, I hoping the second time I would be able to see the lesson plan. However, this caused me to be 30 seconds late to class. EF was quick to terminate my contract and was unwilling to listen to me. I think they view their employees as disposable .

Advice to Management

Not to be so quick to fire and respond to your emails about tech problems.

EF English First2019-06-25

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Unresponsive Management Team, Lack of Communication, Little to No follow up"

Former Contractor - Instructor

I worked at EF English First for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the students and parents through the EF kids platform.

Cons

After joining the platform in Sept, there is little to no training or follow up from managers as they stated would occur. There is no flexibility surrounding technical issues or assistance. Management will not respond to emails or phone calls, no point in leaving a message. Very slow turn around time to open tickets. Unfair treatment of employees no time to appeal concerns or issues. Since I have been in employed... with them tickets generally take 5-7 days to get a response, now that I have been termed tickets were immediately closed.

Advice to Management

Communicate with new staff Return emails and voice messages Have a tenured person walk through the system with new hires Understand technical difficulties could be the EF platform as well Treat employees as a valued member Have flexibility around classroom options

EF English First2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about EF English First.