EF English First - Don't waste your time working a month without pay... | Glassdoor.ie

"Don't waste your time working a month without pay..."

Former Employee - Online ESL Teacher
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF English First part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, work-from-home, exposure to unique people from around the world

Cons

You have to work two months before pay because they only pay monthly and you have to wait until the following month for your first paycheck. It started off nice and I felt like I was doing well when all of a sudden, they stopped adding classes to my schedule and my friend's despite us having high-scores as teachers even though classes were available, they just decided to phase us out. My friend and I opened EVERY... time slot on both of our calendars and not one class was given to us for a full month. When we reached out, people stopped responding to us, acted like we didn't exist and then pretended like we were fired, when we were flat-out ignored. I attempted to reapply recently, as now I am even more qualified than when I worked there (teaching classes) for 7 months in 2017, but on paper, it was about a year. They denied that I was eligible and did not offer an explanation, even though they were hiring and I have a bachelor's degree, former experience with EF, high student remarks, 120-hour TEFL certification, and I have taught ESL for 3 years in total. What a joke! Do NOT WASTE YOUR TIME for two months before pay and to be treated like you are replaceable.

Advice to Management

Management needs to care about employee retention as much as they do student retention.

EF English First2019-05-15

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Unresponsive Management Team, Lack of Communication, Little to No follow up"

Former Contractor - Instructor

I worked at EF English First for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the students and parents through the EF kids platform.

Cons

After joining the platform in Sept, there is little to no training or follow up from managers as they stated would occur. There is no flexibility surrounding technical issues or assistance. Management will not respond to emails or phone calls, no point in leaving a message. Very slow turn around time to open tickets. Unfair treatment of employees no time to appeal concerns or issues. Since I have been in employed... with them tickets generally take 5-7 days to get a response, now that I have been termed tickets were immediately closed.

Advice to Management

Communicate with new staff Return emails and voice messages Have a tenured person walk through the system with new hires Understand technical difficulties could be the EF platform as well Treat employees as a valued member Have flexibility around classroom options

EF English First2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about EF English First.