Circus World Displays - One of the worst places in the Niagara Region! | Glassdoor.ie

"One of the worst places in the Niagara Region!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Some coworkers are great people - The day I left this company - Literally nothing else

Cons

This so called company has zero respect for their employees, not to mention are so far behind in the technology that they are coming out with. With a mission to "create the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple and stylish", is far from reality with what has recently been released..that's if it even does get released after all the problems they encounter. The company is run by two brothers who should absolutely not be in business, and recently decided to literally split the company. While in a meeting they told employees not to worry about their jobs, to only then let go of a handful of people (Some of whom were long time employees - 10+ years!!) for restructuring. This company's vision is 'to empower people' which is an absolute joke if you've sat at a desk here for more than a week. Why do you think there is always constant job postings and positions to be filled? They are not growing, people get hired and leave quickly because of the extremely toxic work environments and demands, mixed with the low wages. It is not worth the trouble and stress to work here. To anyone looking or in the extremely long and unnecessary hiring process that is put in place here, please listen to the negative reviews. They are not written by ex-employees who are bitter..they could not be more true and accurate of what is really occurring here.

Advice to Management

Like the previous review said..would be a waste of time to leave advice. It has been brought up countless times and management will do nothing about it or acknowledge how poorly they are treating people.

Circus World Displays2019-07-12

Other Employee Reviews

"Fast paced - never a dull moment"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for recent graduates to gain real experience in a fast paced environment. 815 to 5 with weekends off and a good benefits package. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. If looking for a job in Niagara this is your bet. Annual performance reviews give you an idea of where you stand in the company as well as a pay increase. Often completed late, but back pay is given for every day missed. 2 monitors at workstation. May not seem like a big deal, but makes things so much easier

Cons

Very fast paced. Not everyone can handle it. Those who can't are let go (or quit shortly after being brought on) Productivity is taken very seriously. If you need time for facebook and personal email while you are supposed to be working this job is not for you. Pay is competitive, but sometimes managements expectations seem higher than your salary. Constant change and high turnover can make things difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Cooontinue working towards keeping happy employees.

Circus World Displays2014-10-21

"A Disgusting Company To Work For"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

So many job responsibilities (including those outside your job description) provides an excellent foundation for that resume you will build when you have had enough of working here.

Cons

I am embarassed to say that at one point in time, I was excited to work for this company. The company was hiring for so many positions, that I mistook turnover for growth. During my time working for this company, I watched at least 75 people quit. For a company that averages at about 100 employees, that is pretty disappointing to say the least. Before finding out the company was splitting (as mentioned in many other reviews), the work environment was toxic to say the least. Many people feared for their jobs as the management team only focused on the negative aspects of a job instead of the positives. I can honestly say I spent more time proving to management that I was doing my job, than actually doing my job. If something went wrong I would have to do everything in my power to prove my innocence. I kept every email and every note I ever took in the event that the Managing Director asked a question about a conversation that happened years ago. The Managing Directors never got along and this resulted in lots of unnecessary drama. Each manager had their own process that clashed with the other, resulting in ridiculous amounts of stress on the employees. On top of all this, employees were often pressured to do after hours training. For a company that claims to support work/life balance, you completely miss the mark. I was questioned about what in my life could be more important than training (FAMILY comes to mind). This is such a common thing experienced by employees to the point that it IS ACTUALLY A QUESTION ON THE EXIT INTERVIEW SURVEY. But don't bother voicing your opinion about such things, it won't mean much to management. There were numerous brainstorming sessions that took place with very litte actually coming out of it. Fast forward to May of this year, we were told the company was splitting and nobody was losing their jobs. We then watched as employees returned from the meeting with their manager to find out that was a lie. One Managing Director lied to the entire company, and told them they would all be keeping their jobs. The other Managing Director said NOTHING to contradict this, and just waited for people to find out the hard way. At the end of the day, people lost their jobs and their livelyhood because two brothers fight like school children on the playground. The environment became disgusting. People were unnecessarily rude to those leaving, and management did nothing about it. Since then, employees have been rediculously stressed to make the changes required to go through with the split. I am embarassed to say I ever worked with this company and would never even recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

It would be a waste of breath to provide advice to a management team who refuses to listen.

Circus World Displays2019-12-24

Discover more reviews about Circus World Displays.