Canada Drives - Horrible management and it shows as they have an extremely high turnover rate | Glassdoor.ie

"Horrible management and it shows as they have an extremely high turnover rate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission in sales Downtown by train

Cons

Pay Hours (Some departments work 10+ hrs shifts with no commission or bonuses Management Unethical sales practices

Canada Drives2019-07-19

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously. 2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great. 3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable... company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt. 2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance. 3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue. 4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight... to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

Canada Drives2018-08-02
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work culture is great. Coworkers are very helpful. The company also provides many benefits such as free food and subsidies for transit.

Cons

There is nothing so far

Canada Drives2019-11-08

Discover more reviews about Canada Drives.