Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best Place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great Benefits * Inclusive Work place * Socially Conscious * Sense of Community * Flexibility * Colleague Wellness is huge focus * Huge Organization, many areas to grow and diversify your career * Lots of potential for promotion

Cons

* Its competitive, you have to be self driven

65 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

Jun 9, 2022 - Sales Associate in Lake Wales, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clean, convenient. Friendly environment. Would recommend.

Cons

Sometimes people steal and you still have to be nice to them even though you know they are stealing.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

15 year manager

Dec 13, 2014 - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Continue reading
    1092 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CVS Health.