Amazon - Network Development Engineer | Glassdoor.ie

"Network Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Development Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent balance between life and work culture. Offers a fair salary/benefit/stocks package. For the very first time I'm working for a company which has employee recognition on its DNA, and have opportunities for career progression without necessarily going to a way of management level.

Cons

Perhaps the company could provide support for gym or at least encourage the practice of any other sports / healthy habits before / after office hours. Indeed, this is not a 'cons', just a suggestion which potentially could impact employee's way of life (and as a side effect keep improving company's productivity). Other than that, I have not had any bad experience so far and I hope things continue running smoothly.

Amazon2018-12-24

"Amazons legit"

Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great time off and benefits package. Rewarding environment for top performers.

Cons

Demanding holiday season, but it comes with the job and is part of the excitement.

Amazon2019-11-15
  2. Helpful (2029)

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.