24 Hour Fitness - Service Manager | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Service Manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyday work was a fun environment! It was an energetic,healthy and upbeat workplace. Customers were typically a joy to service and staff enjoyed working together...

Cons

There was a disconnect between the Corporate office staff and the club level staff. As a Manager I worked very hard and had such minimal recognition for the hard work invested.

Advice to Management

Service Managers should not be hourly employees or if they are they should be able to go into overtime if needed. A Manager should never be disciplined for doing their job well and sacrificing time with their family to make sure the facility is ran to expectation.

24 Hour Fitness2016-05-02

"Personal Trainer review"

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time

Pros

The positive aspect of being a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness is that you have the opportunity to get a personal training career started, they will hire trainers without previous experience. If you are a successful trainer you typically get to make your own schedule. Its also nice working in close quarters with other like minded individuals.

Cons

Management has really high turn over, so you might constantly have to adjust to having a new person in charge. Also, the company takes a huge cut out of your commission. They frequently change rules and regulations regarding expectations of staff. Also, they make it really challenging to get healthcare coverage. And the healthcare they do have isn't great.

Advice to Management

I think a good manager leads by example, and works with there employees. The most successful managers I saw at 24 hour fitness we fair and transparent with all staff.

24 Hour Fitness2016-10-25
  2. "Decent part time job when attending school"

Current Employee - Service Expert

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

Free gym membership, great environment

Cons

Pay is not that well

24 Hour Fitness2019-11-19

Discover more reviews about 24 Hour Fitness.