Edward Jones "door to door" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Edward Jones Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated 7 Jan 2020

4.0
Edward Jones Managing Partner  Penny Pennington
Penny Pennington
Pros
  • "We are given an enormous amount of support from our home office(in 159 reviews)

• "Great Training, Back Office Support was wonderful, the FA I worked with was easy to get along with and good communication(in 155 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will build your book from scratch (see door knocking)(in 172 reviews)

• "Get used to Door-to-door prospecting(in 158 reviews)

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Tough place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support, very client driven

Cons

High expectations, door to door cold calling is tough

Edward Jones2020-01-07
  2. "A good company but residential door to door prospecting is required."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Associate in Huntington, IN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training is very good and the local associates were supportive.

Cons

This job is a sale job and daily door to door prospecting is required.

Edward Jones2019-12-08

"Be Prepared for Door-to-Door Sales"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training was top notch. The firm pays you while you are studying for licensing exams. Some folks in the region seem to genuinely care about one another.

Cons

You must be excited about going door-to-door in residential neighborhoods trying to "sell" your services and the firm's services. If you are not passionate about this process, you will struggle. Be prepared for long days with the hope of getting a handful of phone numbers each day (if you're good and lucky enough to catch folks home). Hopefully, of the phone numbers you get, some will answer when you call. Of those that answer, hopefully a few will agree to meet with you. Of those that meet with you, hopefully a few will open accounts and move assets. Then you continue this process for 3-5 years until your book of business is built. Other FAs will tell you that they built their business without door-knocking. It rare, especially at the beginning.

Advice to Management

The door-to-door system becomes less and less effective each year. Most homeowners do not appreciate having someone knock on their door to try and sell products or services. Today, most companies that still do door-to-door sales are known for selling junk or garbage. Get with the times and come up with modern ways for new FAs to start without the antiquated sales approach. Forcing everyone to go door-to-door fails to take advantage of each new FA's individual personality and skills. You're losing good folks because of the outdated process.

Edward Jones2019-11-26
  4. "Financial Advisor Intern Edward Jones"

Former Intern - Financial Advisor Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

great look into the day to day duties of a financial advisor

Cons

business model is going door to door for clients

Advice to Management

change business model to keep up with the times.

Edward Jones2019-11-06
  5. "Good training and learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities, Outstanding training provided

Cons

Door to door relationship building

Advice to Management

Focus new ways to generate leads

Edward Jones2019-09-16

"Great people, out-dated methods."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

The people at Edward Jones are fantastic. You will be given an enormous amount of support and encouragement.

Cons

You will need every bit of the support you are given in order to succeed. EJ utilizes an out-dated marketing platform that emphasizes door-to-door sales. They believe in this method as the bedrock of their institution. There are better, more efficient and much less humbling ways to raise assets.

Advice to Management

The marketing system needs to evolve. The technology is clunky and needs major investment.

Edward Jones2019-09-19

"High Expectations and Not A Lot to Work With"

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

Make own schedule, salary while getting certs, well known brand name

Cons

Door to door can be tiring, no leads, inadequate sales training, lacking in tech compared to competition, they expect more than half to leave, try to scare you with letter to repay training if you leave or get fired, salary is almost impossible to live on and commission is gutted for 2 yrs, no real support in field. They talk a great game and they give people chances from all industries but they fail to teach you how to sell this service. Your success will heavily depend on your trainer and territory.

Advice to Management

Work on communication from HQ to field and find ways to generate leads for new FAs. Door to door can work but when you're living on a 25% pay cut the gas and car upkeep is much more expensive.

Edward Jones2019-09-10

"Good Training Program"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Good training program for those looking for a place to start

Cons

Knocking door-to-door to get phone numbers without a business card

Edward Jones2019-09-10

"God awful low paid nightmare, working here was the worst mistake of my life"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Tempe, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Edward Jones made my life so miserable, that it forced me to reset my life completely. Thank you Edward Jones for not recognizing my profound talents and abilities. Thank you for setting the bar for just how horrible my job, my manager and life could be. Thank you for forcing me to find a new professional specialty outside of your retail financial services nightmare where I now work half the hours, have double the time off and make well over twice the money.

Cons

My personal opinions follow: Accepting a job at Edward Jones and turning down competing offers was THE worst mistake of my life. The fact Edward Jones still even exists blows my mind. You have door to door salespeople trying to sell front-end loaded funds (commission heavy) and advisory solutions (commission heavy) which are just absolute things of the past. I would LOVE to see where their advisory services consistently beat the no load index funds when considering fees. Please Edward Jones, prove me wrong. From my experience in the Tempe office, there were many "leaders" who had completely irrelevant education or were graduates of what I consider fake for profit colleges like University of Phoenix. Trust me when dealing with them, it shows. When you take into consideration overtime worked unpaid, I made more per hour working on my college campus as a student worker than I did at Edward Jones. Not to mention the hours and stress ruined my life. I don't say that lightly. Working at Edward Jones literally ruined my life (until I left of course). To this day the only benefit I have from working here was comparing any/every awful situation I've experienced since leaving to the fact that it could be worse like when I worked at Edward Jones. I worked 70+ hour weeks using their archaic proprietary systems with no overtime. I literally told them during the interviews I don't work excessive overtime and I was lied to about nearly every facet of the position I took. My mistakes were many here. Believing these propaganda artists was one, accepting the position #2, not quitting the second their lies became apparent #3.

Advice to Management

The day the world finally figures out what (in my opinion) a glorified used car dealership this place is and you go out of business will be the day I buy a $300.00 bottle of tequila and celebrate your demise. To the manager who worked me to near suicide, lied to me, painted me in a poor light when I asked to not be worked to death.....I imagine there is a special level of hell dedicated just for you.

Edward Jones2019-07-20