Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 612 reviews

3.5
Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner
Pros
  • "Somewhat uncapped income potential, casual dress code, young office culture(in 28 reviews)

• "The work environment at Echo is second to none, no two days are the same(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • "Get ready to grind this job is not for people looking to just slide by long hours ad hard work are a requirement(in 35 reviews)

• "competitive industry, long days, commission structure salary,(in 25 reviews)

1. "Echo has really helped me grow in my career and as a person. Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Amazing CRM that puts leads at my fingertips. Highest commission rate I have seen at a 3PL including the big boys C.H. Robinson that I worked for. Great carrier pricing to allow us client sales reps to get more business. Health benefits are amazing.

Cons

I would like to see an option of employee stock purchase plan. I was awarded stock during restructure after we bought a major Truckload heavy 3PL so that was nice, but would like to continue to buy stock in our company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. National sales rep managers are great, so was my core manager before I graduated to National.

Echo Global Logistics2019-03-18
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have great benefits, a beautiful office and the people are very motivated

Cons

the coffee in the office is terrible

Echo Global Logistics2019-03-10
  3. "Just a number"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training Program, very big office

Cons

You're just a number, managers do what they want and HR is a joke, they are there to make sure they don't get sued, that's it. The current girl there truly works for the managers and to assist professionally removing any employee a manager may not like.

Advice to Management

Don't allow managers to do what they want with no repercussions. If a manager doesn't like you, you are screwed because HR is there just to allow the managers to mess with you professionally to protect themselves from being sued. HR is a joke

Echo Global Logistics2019-03-22

Echo Global Logistics Response

April 8, 2019Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to me directly to discuss so I can understand your situation fully. As a side note, we have an open door policy here (and that includes us HR folk!) If there is ever a situation that doesn't feel quite right, don't ever hesitate to come ...

4. "Great Opportunity for Driver Sales People"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Supportive company offering many benefits and upward potential

Cons

Internal competition, high number of phone calls made and received.

Echo Global Logistics2019-03-05
  5. "Decent place"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good coworkers. Good tech but almost too much tech

Cons

Micro managed and stressful work

Advice to Management

Be more connected with the day to day ops. Managers sit in meetings all day and are never on the floor. Most are just Corp yes men there to pass along the message

Echo Global Logistics2019-03-14

"Good job if you want to collect 40k base."

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Free coffee about it. Also they allow you to do whatever you want.

Cons

Omg where to begin. Management doesn’t care. Favoritism. You can’t call on leads with over 250k revenue unless you’re a national rep. Every big company is already taken by a senior rep. The office is split between the command side and the echo side. The company makes it near impossible to reach commission. Not a place to work if you really want to make money. On the up side they don’t fire here so if you was a job to...

Advice to Management

Came more about your employees.

Echo Global Logistics2019-04-02

Echo Global Logistics Response

April 8, 2019Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback! We understand that the previous acquisition had some bumps in the way we operated (that can be typical when you grow as fast as we do!!). Since the acquisition, we’ve redesigned the way we operate from the top down, integrating our teams as #OneEcho. We’ve ...

• "Go for it"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

good benefits, good management, good opportunity

Cons

long hours, requires patience when first starting

Advice to Management

keep it up

Echo Global Logistics2019-02-25
    • "Great Atmosphere / Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Echo is fun, laidback, and very team oriented. I started this position right out of college, and I love working here. You are selling a service that all companies need, you get to build relationships with clients and grow your own accounts. I came into the job knowing nothing about logistics, and I feel like I have gained very valuable experience wherever my career takes me. There is also potential to make a ton of money...

Cons

Cold calling gets old...you make 60-80 calls a day. You are also the middle man when something goes wrong. You need to be tough and know how to make things happen.

Advice to Management

Care more about long term account management than making big margins on individual little shipments

Echo Global Logistics2019-02-12

"Used to be great, changed for the worse"

Former Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Young employees Great place for a first job You will learn a lot about business (both positive and negative)

Cons

High Turnover Employee Development Compensation Leadership cares more about earnings than employees Leadership is disconnected to what entry level employees actually need or care about

Advice to Management

Actually address and change what is brought up every year in reviews and surveys. Stop the favoritism within departments. Pay entry level employees enough to be able to live on their own in all areas of the country.

Echo Global Logistics2019-02-21
    • "Good Starter Job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Job security - they don't fire people. Peers - all young

Cons

Company is very cheap and pinches pennies everywhere. Lip service.

Echo Global Logistics2019-02-19