EF Education First Manager Reviews

Dr. Edward Hult
  1. "course leader"

Former Contractor - Regional Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at EF Education First for less than a year

Pros

- Young and dinamic environment, you can have fun while working (sometimes) - you can get promoted and build up a career - you get the chance to travel and try different positions within the company

Cons

- salary is low - some Language centre are understaffed - very very long hours, no extra pay

EF Education First2017-10-05
  2. "Good job out of university"

Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, travel opportunities, good chances to move positions

Cons

Poor salary. Long hours. No work life balance. Some great managers, some very poor managers.

EF Education First2018-01-04

"Not a nice company to work for"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

EF try to suck out your soul. They state they hire "EF people" with "EF energy" what this translates to for them is great people with lots of drive and motivation that will work hard and they will not reward you in any way and expect more and more. Low pay, long hours, emergency call hours (unpaid)! Then they have an expectation for you to socialise with higher management when they come to visit. why would you socialise with people you have no respect for? Dim witted....

Cons

Low pay, poor management,poor organisation, expect too many hours during unsociable times

EF Education First2016-10-06

October 7, 2016Senior Director of People Operations

I'm sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected. As you said, we do strive to hire people who are driven and motivated by our mission. We also strive to reward our staff in a variety of ways that go beyond compensation -- including through challenging work; incredible benefits; the enrichment that comes from working with colleagues and customers from around the world; and a fun, flat work environment, to name a few. Our Global Recruiting & Employee Development Team continually works to enhance the training opportunities and resources available to our managers. This work is a direct result of feedback we've received from current and former staff. So thank you for your feedback. It is valuable as we continue to try to improve our employee experience globally. -- Mike Kaufman, Senior Director of People Operations

4. "Amazing culture workplace with autonomy to get creative and run your own business"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to get creative within your business and encouragement to test initiatives creatively. The workplace and teams are extremely collaborative and open

Cons

A lot of initiatives set forth that are half-baked and don't always come to fruition and low compensation

EF Education First2020-06-01
  5. "Great Seasonal Job"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Activities Manager

I worked at EF Education First for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work with an international team and with students from all over the world. Leadership is strong and the company provides proper training while there is room for advancement after the summer.

Cons

You should expect to work long days.

EF Education First2020-04-21
  6. "Really good career starter ! Top management completely lost."

Current Employee - Country Product Manager in Lausanne

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good start of a career. You can have big responsibility really fast, you can experiment and try new things. Really young teams and good atmosphere ´.

Cons

The top management is lost. No vision, no leadership. They were the glory of EF 10 years ago but they don’t get the business anymore and they take really bad decisions. Lack of processes.

EF Education First2020-05-03
  7. "Great Unique company"

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Manager in Bangalore

I worked at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work culture Learning new technology Onsite Opportunity Monthly Happy hours Good Pay No restrictions on WFH

Cons

No Transparency in Performance review No proper Parking for CAR

EF Education First2020-03-26
  8. "Fantastic company. Perfect for those looking to grow in their career"

5.0
    Former Employee - Academic Manager

I worked at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing company, great people, never a dull moment, good starting point for those early in their careers

Cons

salary doesn't always keep up with expectations or responsibilities

EF Education First2020-03-13

March 16, 2020Director

Thank you for this feedback! At EF, putting trust in our staff is key and we give every employee lots of responsibility from early in their EF career. We certainly agree that the people here are a special group, too. In terms of salary, we do review our compensation structure regularly to ensure we are offering a competitive package. We wish you all the best in your future career!

"avoid like the plague"

Current Employee - Digital Manager in London, England

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

amazing international team hired in my case

Cons

awful management, no career progression unless you are Sweedish

EF Education First2020-04-09

April 9, 2020Vice President of Recruitment and Employee Development

We are sorry to hear this feedback. Unfortunately, this unprecedented time has led us to make difficult decisions that have affected our company’s best asset: our people. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and we thank you for all you’ve done as part of the EF team.

"The most toxic work environment. STAY AWAY!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Zürich

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice office in central ZH Good office parties Occasional travel

Cons

No career growth No HR department Toxic environment Politics rule Incompetent management No transparency No vision Promotions are never ever merit based No leadership No professional development No specialists, teams are mostly comprised of inexperienced interns No accountability Outdated tools Top management have held the positions since 20+ years, that means there is never a strategy, there are no decisions, just a ton of empty talks Competent people are not valued Lots of secrecy Unhealthy vibe, always afraid to speak up or else will lose the job Extremely high turnover Really, do yourself a favor and stay away from this horrid family-owned business.

EF Education First2020-04-01

April 6, 2020Director

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that EF has not lived up your and our expectations. Central locations and a strong company culture is something we are very proud of and I'm happy to hear you appreciated this. We have functions and teams specifically dedicated to recruitment and professional development in most of our offices with the objective is to ensure that our employees feel supported throughout their career and grow professionally. In our diverse culture, we constantly take measure to enforce an inclusive culture where no harassment or discrimination is tolerated. We are sorry to hear you perceive a lack of what you refer to as a HR department. We have payroll functions taking care of all employee contractual matters such as contracts, insurances, taxes etc. In terms of salary, we do review our compensation structure regularly to ensure we are offering a competitive package. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Found 185 reviews