ECS Digital Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

ECS Digital Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2019

Found 27 reviews

4.8
ECS Digital CEO Andy Cureton (no image)
Andy Cureton
  1. "Great company growing at pace"

Current Employee - QA and Continuous Delivery Consultant

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very honest culture, with great emphasis on driving growth and improvement both for their clients and for themselves.

Cons

Growing pains of a scaling company. As a small consultancy, they are more susceptible to the whim of available client work. Expect to be sent and pulled from clients at short notice.

ECS Digital2019-06-25
  2. "Excellent!!"

Current Employee - QA and Continuous Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the first company I've worked for, where you can actually decide what technology you want to work in. If you are new to it, you can even benefit from the numerous trainings made available to you. The managment genuinely seems to care about employee satisfaction, weekly surveys and 'open-to-chat-anytime' attitude from senior management proves this. Social get togethers, company rewards and bonus are added... benefits :) Add to that the fact that every collegue I've met is super helpful!!

Cons

None that I can think of now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

ECS Digital2019-02-21
  3. "Great place to work and learn new things"

Current Employee - QA and Continuous Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You feel valued because the management listens to your suggestions - If you are serious about career progression, ECS Digital gives you the means on how to progress through various trainings, career development plan and regular catch up with your practice lead. - You get rewarded and recognised for the work that you have done. - Working on different clients mean that you get expose with different tools and... technologies. - Great benefits package - Free lunch every Friday - Free massage - Great social events - We host DevOps playgrounds meet up every month which is a good way to network with other people and learn about new things - Management is committed with increasing diversity amongst its employees

Cons

As with any consultancy, you might be based on different locations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue listening to your employees :)

ECS Digital2019-02-19
  4. "A genuinely great company"

Current Employee - QA & CD Consultant in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You really feel like you and your career matter. - The company is big on diversity and really strives to reach women in tech and to help women get into this industry. - organisers of the DevOps Playground. - The opportunities to grow your career and learn are truly endless, you are encouraged, supported and rewarded for it. - Very laid back environment, a lot of social events. - The management constantly... ask for feedback and actually take it into account.

Cons

- still need to improve on the percentage of women, but actively working on it

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job and caring about your employees.

ECS Digital2019-02-14
  5. "QA Tester"

Current Employee - QA Tester in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great effort from the company to integrate everyone and organise fun events. A real push to diversify and appeal to women in technology. Lots of support and ability to learn. Projects are diverse.

Cons

Currently not a lot of women, although I know this is being tackled as a priorty.

ECS Digital2019-02-12

"Amazing people, good and fair boss"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Social events * Emotional support * Free massage * Excellent team * Highly supporting diversity * continuous investment in employees * Massive opportunities for grow * A strong sense of identification across the team good perks * Beer Fridge * Friday lunch * Proper coffee machine * Diverse range of technologies you can pick up

Cons

The only drawback is that it was not given to me join the correct team.

Advice to Management

For 6 months you can see a lot especially if you can look. Please, do not merge completely with the rest of the company, remain independent and keep care of your people as much as you do. Everyone can see the difference

ECS Digital2019-01-07

"Grown a Lot Within the Last Year"

Current Employee - DevOps Tech Lead in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fantastic Co-Workers - Managers are accessible and often fair - Has gone above and beyond for special cases, proving they do care

Cons

- Hierarchy and Responsibilities have challenges to be overcome - Onsite Delivery Models still require some work

Advice to Management

We've made great strides, within the structure we have put in place, but we need a greater focus on what influences and drives individuals

ECS Digital2018-12-13

"DevOps & Continuous Delivery Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing culture with brilliant people (I have made some great friends and actually look forward to coming to the office) - Leadership team are relaxed, flexible and forward thinking. - Great benefits package including bonuses, pension, private healthcare, MacBook, company phone, voucher scheme - list goes on.... - Office and culture is superb - pool and ping pong tables, playstation's, sweetshop, fridge... stocked with soft drinks and beer - Social fund committee in place, encouraging team nights out at Crystal Maze, Escape rooms, GoKarting, Football and dinners / drinks

Cons

- Office can be crowded at times and sometimes difficulty finding a seat (Hot Desking in place) - Salary could be better, however regular salary reviews are in place and a ton of other benefits - Expanding and growing rapidly. (Please do not become to corporate in the future)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and please continue to encourage the culture at ECS Digital and employing great people. I appreciate we are growing as a company which is brilliant and offers more opportunity, however I would hate for us to become to corporate in the future.

ECS Digital2018-10-04

"Not the average employer, in all the right ways"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a small company, although recently it has undergone a lot of growth. As a result, you do not experience the kind of artificial career restraint that other companies will impose. If something makes sense, you can get it done with support very quickly, and you will receive fast feedback on your actions. You will get to work with an experienced team who are absolutely passionate about doing a great job for the... customer. Fast moving technology changes mean that you will be expected to pick up and master cutting edge DevOps tools. If you are a self starter who doesn't want to work in a conventional company (who would, given the choice?), this is a great place to build your career. The management are incredibly employee focussed, and your well being and development is at the heart of what they believe in. I've heard this before and it turned out to be hype, but here is really is true.

Cons

Don't expect to be able to hide, you will be hired based on your capability and what you can add here, so there isn't much room for passengers.

Advice to Management

Keep the passion and culture alive.

ECS Digital2018-09-10

"Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - DevOps and Continuous Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at ECS Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fantastic company and team to work for. There is such a good vibe and work culture here that I find it hard to leave each day. The people at ECS Digital have built a positive and enabling workplace for you/us to do your best work. The collaborative nature of everybody truly has that "You can ask anybody anything" that so many places strive for. There is a diverse set of people and everybody takes part in the... learning and teaching process and in no time at all I have learnt a host of new skills that will push my career forward. Other pros are there modern Office environment, really good perks like drinks fridge, lunch is ordered and deliver on Friday's, break out area's to relax, flat company structure, welcome drinks, wide range of Technologies to sink into and so many more..

Cons

This is not really a con. With a growing company it takes a lot of work to keep the flat structure and equality and diversity going. ECS Digital work hard to keep those aspects up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work and lets see if we can add even more features to the workspace.

ECS Digital2018-09-07