Domestic & General Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.1
Domestic & General Group CEO Ian Mason
Ian Mason

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a sense of cameraderie between employees and most team leaders are very easy to get along with" (in 22 reviews)

• "Great company to work for, great people, progression and training" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "But the main one is the management and team leaders" (in 26 reviews)

• "Career progression is a carrot dangled in front of you" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Cleaner"

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

They provide all information, material, and little pressure to get work done

Cons

cant escape labour.
    hard work sometimes

"Great place to make a career while meeting great people"

Current Employee - Contact Centre Agent in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Contact Centre Agent in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great
    Company benefits are quite good, free fruit, coffee and tea and sometimes have well-being days
    Can see they’re trying to improve and are actually listening to their people

Cons

Some managers are stuck in the past and don’t seem to want to ‘get on the boat’

Advice to Management

Keep listening and making changes for the better

3. "Great oppurtunites for hard workers"

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personally, I have found the environment a great place to work and it exceeded all expectations I had. I have only been within the company for 14 months and have already received two promotions. This has been a great feat baring in mind I didn't come from a sales/telecentre background. There are great opportunities for hard workers and people that want to progress.

Cons

The advertisement of the job (customer support) still shows it as customer service role and neglects to mention sales. This is a sales role with all the right training provided but because of advertisement we are still attracting some people who not fit for the role.

Advice to Management

N/A

Domestic & General Group Response

30 Nov 2018 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really good to hear about your progression at Domestic & General in a relatively short amount of time and congratulations on your... More

"Customer support"

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Despite only being at Domestic and General for a short space of time, I have progressed within the company a lot. There are so many opportunities to progress through the company. I started on customer support as an agent, the atmosphere was great and I felt well looked after by my team.

Cons

Could improve on the one team attitude as there is a lot of separation between departments and sites. Work on putting the customer first instead of stats and targets. Cleanliness, sometimes the site can be left in a mess.

"One Team - Customer First"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment supported by upfront training followed by regular coaching and 1.2.1's. I started at D&G in February 2016 after an extensive banking career. I began as a telephone agent in Resolutions, moved into a Team Leader position in May of this year and am now a Team Leader in Customer Support. All of the departments within the business - split across various sites in the UK work on a "One Team" ethos so as the customer is always at the forefront of what we do. If you are great at building rapport whilst listening to a customers issues seeking solutions to help them out then Domestic and General could well be the place for you. The salary/bonus scheme is fair and whilst our department works on a varying shift basis the whole of my team are all scheduled on the same work pattern each week. It means that I am always there to support them.

Cons

If you are not interested in going that bit extra to help customers out when they are calling with an issue connected to their appliance - then I would probably advise you to look elsewhere. Domestic and General operates shifts in Customer Support from 07-00 - 22.00 M-F and 08.00 - 20.00 at weekends. Takes a bit of getting used to if you have always worked 09.00 - 17.00 M-F but appliances don't operate to strict business hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at supporting your people. I did not set out to apply for the job I am doing now - I was noticed for the contribution I was making to the team in meetings and across the department. As a result I was then asked if I would consider covering a Team Leader position and subject to completing a period of secondment and a structured interview/application I have not looked back since.

6. "Sales consultant at sky"

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

people you work with are good and make the time go faster

Cons

management, poor incentives and emotional wellbeing support

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay Bonuses Good hours

Cons

Can’t really think of any

8. "Management accountant"

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Good culture and people they are growing and have big ambitions

Cons

Tools and systems dated and they have been going through a lot of change not all positive

9. "Sales Executive"

I worked at Domestic & General Group part-time

Pros

Good culture and training . Inbound work so warm leads

Cons

Poor hours, weekend work, no progression

10. "Very good"

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

How much you get paid

Cons

Its a fast paced environment