Demandbase Reviews

Updated 17 Sep 2020

4.4
Demandbase CEO Gabe Rogol
Gabe Rogol
Pros
  • "Work-life balance and flexibility so you feel like you aren't being sidelined as you grow up(in 15 reviews)

• "Impressive/accomplished, yet down-to-earth, friendly executive team(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Standard growing pains but the company is adapting nicely(in 24 reviews)

• "Company is growing so fast conference rooms can be tough to lock down(in 11 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Amazing Momentum"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Strongest product in the space and getting stronger - A culture where hard work is recognized, and people can grow their careers - Open communication – weekly company meetings led by the executive team. - Combination of Engagio + Demandbase makes us the best product in the space, hands down. - Flexible work arrangements. The company has been great about adjusting to COVID and making it work for employees in all situations.

Cons

- Not for the faint of heart. This is a hard-working, motivated group. - Lot’s of change. Acquisition of Engagio has taken some adjusting to, especially when everyone is working from home during COVID.

Continue reading
  2. "Demandbase is a fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Title

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the past year, I've worked with numerous teams and managers across the organization. I have amazing co-workers. Beyond being great people, they are super smart and never fail to show their genuine desire to help. BTW, we are crushing our competition. It feels great to be THE market leader.

Cons

You don't come here to coast. We are a driven bunch and work very hard.

Continue reading

3. "Great all around, not leaving anytime soon!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of pros: *Impressive/accomplished, yet down-to-earth, friendly executive team. You won't find a better CEO than Gabe Rogol! *Undeniable product/market fit with large enterprise customers, and huge growth on the horizon. Many verticals aren't fully explored yet, and it feels like we've barely scratched the surface on what B2B marketing could and should be *Great friendly, healthy culture, despite COVID and everything else terrible going on in the world *Killer sales team, killer product/eng team *Promotes from within, C team fosters employee career growth *Lots of employees with 4 or 5+ year tenure *Had one of our best ever quarters during COVID *Some of the best health/dental

Cons

*Workload can be high *Changes happen quickly and sometimes unexpectedly, personally I do not like at all that we switched from Outlook to Gmail *More meetings and busier than ever during WFH, but I assume thats true of most SAAS companies.

4. COVID-19

"Staying ambitious and doing everything to be good to its people"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Demandbase full-time

Pros

Product is about to take another big leap forward w/ the Engagio acquisition, which is exciting for everyone and a much welcome upgrade. CEO instituted transparent goals by exec, company, and department... and a regular grading system on how we're tracking. Makes it so much clearer what everyone is measured on and which makes everyone feel more aligned. Management also cares about important topics like Black Lives Matter, and makes a conscious effort to educate employees and provide fundraising. Finally, Summer Fridays were extended to Fall given COVID.... feels like management is listening to employees and overall just cares about the right things.

Cons

A little stressful right now as Engagio was acquired and the two platforms are coming together. Sometimes feels like there needs to be employee expertise across a wide spectrum of disciplines... those that can keep up thrive and are doing well, but stressful nonetheless. Will hopefully be easier with time as employees are brought up to speed on the new solutions more.

5. "Killing it!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture. Smart and driven teams. Great momentum post the Engagio acquisition

Cons

can't think of any cons.

"A lot of Hype"

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Demandbase full-time

Pros

Great tech, lack luster leadership

Cons

Group of individuals who only looks after themselves and others that have been a part of the company. A lot of favoritism, Need to be in the right circle in order to have job security. Huge round of layoffs, seems like a fire sale of an acquisition target. Would not recommend

7. "Great Company | Great Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Competitive salary 2. technical product 3. growth opportunities 4. Fun culture

Cons

It is a tough industry and it's a high growth start up. There are a lot of moving parts and it can be hard to keep up. It is a constant grind.

8. COVID-19

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Demandbase is one of those companies that is always willing to pivot and change with the times. This has been especially valuable with the COVID-19 situation. Management acted quickly in recommending WFH and finding new and innovative ways to support its employees. I feel supported by my manager as well as empowered to find new ways to support my own direct reports. Technology-wise we're also in an awesome position after our recent Engagio acquisition! I haven't seen our engineers this excited in a long time to dig into new projects bringing our two technologies together. The whole targeting/advertising team (Engineering, strategists, ops, sales reps) is awesome, probably the best in the industry at what they do. The innovation and sheer number of ad dollars rolling in is staggering and a driving force within the company.

Cons

As with all start-ups there's a lot a change that happens really fast. You have to be flexible and willing to roll with new processes, sometimes weekly! Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger vision, but luckily management tries to be very transparent, if you take the time to ask questions.

9. COVID-19

"Best team I have worked with... ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

The smartest team I've worked with, they hire very well at Demandbase, and it shows. I enjoy everyone here, and there are lots of happy employees. One of the best cultures I've seen and they make an effort to make people happy. (Specifically, with COVID disrupting everything!!!) They've reacted quickly and smart about the pandemic way before other companies even thought about it. (Which I appreciate.) I've previously been at some adverse & toxic environments, and Demandbase is top-notch. So, you should work here.

Cons

There are no significant "Cons" per se. We are exceptionally busy, but we're a "good busy', but not "stupid decisions busy." A lot is going on at this company, so you have to be agile and smart how your work. Work-life balance is good, but if you want a basic 9-5 gig, then this isn't for you.

10. "Amazing organization and vision"

I have been working at Demandbase full-time

Pros

Amazing people; great culture and a strong obsession on future impact

Cons

a little chaotic but thats expected

Found 170 reviews