Cover image for Darktrace

Darktrace

Engaged Employer

Darktrace

Add a Review

Darktrace Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 12 Nov 2021

Found 22 of over 747 reviews

3.3
Darktrace Chief Executive Officer Nicole Eagan
Nicole Eagan
Pros
  • "Great work life balance as well(in 10 reviews)

• "Name recognition, strong cyber security solutions(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Keeping up with the growth and speed of change needed can be challenging at times and work life balance can suffer(in 14 reviews)

• "There is an underdeveloped proper inside sales training which could help incoming staff decrease the learning curve(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with Great Growth Potential

12 Nov 2021 - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive Leadership - Really Smart People - Great work/life balance - Amazing Product

Cons

- UK HQ so sometimes you get less facetime with the executive team.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rapidly growing business with lots of opportunity to make a difference

14 Sep 2021 - Head of Accounting
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent product, brand and thought leader in the cyber security space. Interesting cutting edge industry. Lots of opportunities to make a difference and take on responsibility. Refreshed strategy since ipo to focus on people and development is welcome.

Cons

Keeping up with the growth and speed of change needed can be challenging at times and work life balance can suffer.

3. Join the Darktrace team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed reviews

15 Jun 2021 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Experience is solid, develops strong work ethic Opportunity is there

Cons

Micromanagers from top down Poor company culture Little work life balance High turnover, not a stable career long term Commission payouts only half upfront

5. 4.0

comfortable with work-life balance

25 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work-life balance, comfortable with great and helpful colleagues

Cons

KPI seems to be quantity-driven instead of quality-driven. management appears unclear in direction

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Many Promises, None Kept

17 May 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to travel for the company and meet customers in person

Cons

I took about a 50% salary cut out of the promise for ability to quickly rise up the ranks and the glamour of traveling and being able to make sales face to face. While I personally enjoyed the traveling portion, I quickly discovered from fellow employees that the ability to travel comes at a cost. That cost will be your work/life balance and happiness. Management doesn't care if you have been traveling until 2am, they still expect you to be in office at 8 am. Doesnt't matter if you have a flight at 10:30 am, you should still be coming into the office beforehand. You are really just another dispensable employee to them. That concept was emphasized by the horrendous training experience and onboarding, all the way to my departure. While the training is normally difficult and takes about 3 months to complete, I did it on my own and got fully certified to be in the field in about a month. That says a lot considering all the information they throw at you and the fact that I wasn't assigned a mentor (like everyone is) and didn't have a team for a few weeks. I then came to find that the team I was placed on was with a new manager (who was still working on her own deals) and we didn't have a team lead (every other team had one). I still made it work though and kept pushing through thinking that I could perserve and that the glassdoor reviews "wouldn't apply to me"...how naive I was. Turns out working hard wasn't even going to save me from the dispensable mentality they had towards their employees. I was the first to be cut due to Covid, which came as a complete shock for many reasons. 1. I went over and beyond to get my training done on my own, despite all my issues. 2. I had been already booking meetings within a month. I learned that must've been abnormally quick, given the amount of comments from coworkers and management. 3. When we all started working from home, I voiced my tech issues and not being able to get onto our internal system. Our system frequently timed out because it was so overloaded by all the employees working remotely so this wasn't new news to them. When I asked for help though, I would often go hours without any assistance so I could not even login for work. 4. When the rumor mill started about people being spoken to about their performance (keep in mind, this company consists of a bunch of 20 year olds so yes there is a full-time rumor mill and even private text thread to talk about other employees), I was not one of them. Members of my small team were even spoken to about their metrics, but I was never addressed as I was consistently reaching out. Then came my layoff. In what I thought was going to be my 60 day check in from our VP, he instead bomboarded me on a call with the legal team. Luckily, my partner is a lawyer and he was able to get on the call with me as what they were asking was unethical. In addition to that, I had multiple employees tell me and then even send me a video of the VP telling everyone on a conference that I was laid off because "I wasn't working at all when we went remote." Even though I was there for 2 months, the employees clearly trusted me more than their own VP as they wanted to let me know because it was so clearly not true. He just used me as a scapegoat to ensure there wasn't a covid layoff panic. At no point during a call with legal did he mention performance issues (he said it was a covid layoff) and my manager even called me after saying she did not expect this, that I was a "hardworker", apologized and even offered to give me a recommendation. Quite frankly, Darktrace is lucky I didn't sue them for famation. I would have if the VP consented to himself being recorded, but I wouldn't have been able to use it in court. Hope this story helps anyone considering this company. I thought I would be different than all these other stories. My experience just confirms it.

12 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of promise, lots of disappointment

16 Apr 2021 - ISR- Inside Sales Representative in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, they at least try to give you a decent base salary for putting up with all these “important” ppl

Cons

Commission is not very good, .005% close percent really helps you to feel the love. Marketing is useless & has their hands all over sales. People who succeed here seem to be ppl who haven’t had much sales experience prior or fresh outta college! Work life balance is awful, there isn’t one. No sick days, you’re pto is your sick days even if you get COVID

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company, amazing first job

5 Mar 2021 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Darktrace is unique in that you are given an enormous amount of responsibility at a young age, all of which is applicable to future careers as well. Day to day work is both challenging and rewarding, which is difficult to achieve in a job right out of college. The work life balance is unmatched, the people are impeccable, and working for a company as successful as Darktrace is always a bonus. It's rare that you find a company with great employees, great hours, great pay, that also provides tremendous experience.

Cons

At any company that is looking to be successful there will be pressure on the employees. Darktrace is reasonable about this, but it's important to come into this position knowing that you will be held to standards. It's not a walk in the park, and having a competitive spirit and a yearning to perform is critical.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the work culture and so much to learn

25 Feb 2021 - Cyber Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work at right out of college, there is so much to learn and really sets you up for your future career. Company culture is amazing, everyone makes you feel so welcome and helps you get set up for your role. Great work life balance as well.

Cons

Pay is a bit low

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Just pressure, nothing else.

5 Mar 2021 - Account Executive in Munich, Bavaria
      Business Outlook

Pros

- learn a lot about and work with a high class product - possibility of earning a lot (while overworking yourself) - before corona: great for ppl who like to travel for business meetings

Cons

- false promises in the interview: you will never get a training in Sales. You will only get a thorough training about the products but will learn NOTHING about sales per se. Even if that was your most important point in the job interview - micromanagement: you always get told to work independently but at the same time you will have to report every single step you take. Including 4-6 unnecessary and senseless meetings a day. - extreme focus on KPIs but no one will ever tell you what they are. Yours are just never good enough. - everyone gets the same KPIs, so starting as someone with no or little experience results in discussions where you will have to justify yourself after about 3 months of employment. (With the first month being training) and will probably have to fly to headquarters to face someone who never worked with you to hear you're not doing enough - even as someone with little experience in sales you will get compared to others with 3 or more years of experience in that field. This also results in bad blood between team members which is really contraproductive - You will get asked what you need to perform better, but will rarely get the things you are asking for - demotivating employees by highlighting what's not good enough, even when you hit targets - you might get a praise in one week and get fired the next - you will hear multiple times that they are looking for ppl who are willing to work overtime. No work-life-balance. - they say they still have start-up culture. As someone who has worked in that industry before: they don't.

3 people found this review helpful
    11. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting position with some drawbacks

1 Feb 2021 - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to a plethora of IT environments(Cloud, On-Prem, Virtual) Great work life balance

Cons

US employees are often left in the dark as there is only one C-Level decision maker in the US. US C-Level decision maker isn’t very invested in the team and isn’t open to any feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews