Daimler Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.6
Daimler Financial Services Chairman Klaus Entenmann
Klaus Entenmann
Pros
Cons
  • "A bit slow decision making process(in 4 reviews)

• "different treatment for relocation and promotion based on nationality (Asians relocating on local package, Whites relocating on expat package)(in 3 reviews)

1. "A True GPTW company"

Former Employee - Credit Analyst

I worked at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance, Flat Organization, GPTW, Pay master

Cons

Flat Organization, Employee concerns to be addressed better

Advice to Management

Need Transparency and employee concerns to be addressed

Daimler Financial Services2019-12-05

"No work to do. Politics at peak"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Pune

I worked at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Basically, company is loss making in India. Glory days are gone. They are doing their best for people to leave. No pros here

Cons

Unless you are with the manufacturer, your job is always uncertain even in this big MNC.

Advice to Management

Dont hire people if you dont have anything planned for them. Don't focus on your own salaries and lay off people to cut budgets. Karma will bite you today or tomorrow.

Daimler Financial Services2019-12-09
  3. "Its a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Stuttgart
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good benefits, nice new offices

Cons

movement is limited and network is vital

Daimler Financial Services2019-11-06
  4. "We were all superfluous, fake head count, no real objectives, no development"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary (especially to do nothing). Great for loafers.

Cons

This company hires and hires simply to justify the need for their top-heavy management structures. The result is too many people working on fairly simple projects and in the end you don't develop in line with the market trend in your subject area. I had to beg for job descriptions every year and inserted myself into projects just to have something to do. Management loves sending you on wild goose chases to make you feel busy, but if you're experienced it's clear there's no real value in it. In the end, this 'half pregnant' approach means that, now, I'm not competitive in the job market anymore - having achieved nothing but raise concerns about being underutilized/bored. I was convinced when I started there that Daimler experience would be valuable on a resume. Trust me, it is not what it looks like. On a side note: Despite resigning because I literally had nothing to do, they re-filled my position.

Advice to Management

Treating your employees well is all fine and well and appreciated (congrats), but people are trapped because they can't find work elsewhere. You're accumulating dead wood and boring the hell out of talented people.

Daimler Financial Services2019-12-11
  5. "Senior Credit Risk Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Credit Risk Analyst in Budapest
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Daimler Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the biggest PC manufactruing Group

Cons

Significant cost-cutting If you are not german citizen, you have little chance for greate career perspective

Daimler Financial Services2019-09-07

"Nepotism at its best"

Pros

9-6pm. Job security HR pays salaries on time

Cons

Promotions are never based on competency and capabilities but given on who you know / married to/ relative of or your network Huge contrast in salary and opportunities between Asian vs German. Relocation for Asians are very different from Germans - germans get expat package at the same level with everything provided for, but Asians usually get local packages (where we have to pay for our own housing etc overseas) Extremely political within teams and inter department- most of my time is spent on dealing with politics than the actual work itself (projects are usually delayed due to politics Leading to higher unnecessary costs incurred) Most of the senior managers are not highly capable nor do they focus on their people - they’re busy politicking their way up. Toxic culture. Poor leadership Strategy of “ best fit” (restructuring to cut down on opex) is hypocritical - what is best fit only applies when it’s convenient to senior managers (example, the strategy was to remove expat cost and to hire locals, however when they had to cut a role in a department and it was between a German and a local, they let the local go) and yet they are still hiring expats (who happen to be a senior managers husband/ wife / niece / relative ) on another hand Strategy to reduce cost is also hypocritical - less training and travel for lower level employees but for senior managers they still spend as per normal

Advice to Management

1. Less politics will lead to less costs incurred and maybe they won’t have to let locals go 2. Learn from other companies mistakes - strategy focusing on reducing costs usually lead to the downfall of the company 3. Practice what you preach 4. Have a clear strategy - your “balanced strategy” initiative that was launched 3 years ago - you still aren’t able to explain how we can get there clearly

Daimler Financial Services2019-08-03
  7. "IT Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International Work Environment Further Training

Cons

Salary is based on Tarif level and not based on experience

Daimler Financial Services2019-07-10
  8. "Employee friendly"

I have been working at Daimler Financial Services full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Employee friendly

Cons

Slow in making changes, needs more to do on digital front

Advice to Management

Digital is the way to go ahead

Daimler Financial Services2019-06-25
  9. "Dynamic company but short-staffed structure"

Current Employee - Financial Controller
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Daimler Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very dynamic environment with lot of freedom and empowerment. Organized processes.

Cons

short-staffed to attend all the business needs.

Advice to Management

Review the structure since it appears that some areas are short-staffed .

Daimler Financial Services2019-06-12
  10. "Good"

Current Employee - Lawyer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility, beautiful offices

Cons

Top management have commited a lot of mistakes.

Daimler Financial Services2019-04-04