Cover image for Coupa Software Inc
Logo

Add a Review

Coupa Software Inc Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 18 Oct 2021

Found 13 of over 924 reviews

4.2
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn
Pros
  • "Flexible, work-life balance, approachable senior management(in 41 reviews)

• "The company is truly aligned around achieving customer success and the work is very rewarding(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "So far I do not see any cons but we are really growing rapidly so work life balance can be improved if you do not like fast pace environment(in 25 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast so have to be willing to move with the change in departmental structure(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review of as a Solution Architect

18 Oct 2021 - Solutions Architect in Stockholm, Stockholm
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, open and supportive team on all different levels. Teaches employees to collaborative, supportive of one another and work strongly together. Provides employees growth with the company growth.

Cons

Fast growing company can tend to be much work from time to time, and therefore requires the correct mindset to manage the workload.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting a review.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Management is confused

3 Sep 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility for now as we are in pandemic, but management has an aggressive plan to have people come in.

Cons

- Company is growing but management is confused how best to scale the operations/ G&A because it continues to encourage "institutional" knowledge (no openess or respect) - Dismissive of new ideas since everything has worked in the past - Attitude is of a large multi-billion but competency and professionalism of some folks are sub-par - New people are brought in and asked to adopt the way or get out. No opportunity to share thoughts to do things differently and efficiently - No focus on developing leaders. All the focus is on processing - Lot of focus on "institutional" knowledge - Roles are inflated and no opportunity to demonstrate your skills. Follow the process - Leaders are not aware of professional environment and people managers are disrespected (goes back to the trust point). Leaders fail to maintain bare minimum of professionalism - Lack of trust and communication within the team

15 people found this review helpful
    3. Join the Coupa Software Inc team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

16 Sep 2019 - Outbound Account Development Representative in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa really invest a lot into your growth, they provide a lot of training, great company culture, absolutely love my team and love that they care about a work-life balance, value giving back to the community and every manager cares about making sure you succeed in the role.

VP, Talent

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you've had such a positive experience and we hope to continue to develop that same culture of growth, authenticity, and community.

5. 4.0

Great place to work

27 Jun 2019 - QA Tester in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great people. 2. pantry as great snacks. 3. Awesome work culture.

Cons

1. Company is growing and employees too, so worried if the same family like feeling continues or not.

VP, Talent

Thanks for your review! We pride ourselves on our "start-up" mentality and we absolutely hope to continue that trend as we continue to scale.

6. 5.0

Great Hiring Experience

7 Feb 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was kept informed throughout every step of the hiring process. From recruitment to the interviews, and into my first day, the communication was excellent.

Cons

As a rapidly growing company, a lot of the processes are still evolving, without a clear direction. However, with the talent and leadership, I have no doubt that this will evolve and become much smoother.

VP, Global Talent

First off, welcome to Coupa and thank you for posting your experience. As VP of Global Talent, I am keenly reviewing all aspects of the hiring process with my team to ensure that we are cultivating a unique candidate experience. It's wonderful to hear that you've had a great experience. As for your note about processes still evolving - that's why you are here! Every employee can play a part in how to scale their role from a tactical to a more strategic one. I encourage you to share your ideas with your team and the person who supports you.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Small-business feel in a big-business environment

13 Sep 2017 - Engagement Manager in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the fact that we're a 700+ employee, global organization and growing, the keys leaders of the company are dedicated to keeping the 'small town' feel to Coupa. Although our teams are spread across the country (and sometimes the world), we still feel like a cohesive unit working towards the same company goals and vision. That's a rare find, even in small business today. And while Coupa compensates their employees wonderfully, the expectation to give of your entire self to your job is not present - work/life balance is encouraged and sometimes enforced. Coupa is also about community - we do a lot as an organization to support those in need and be active in our local communities . Volunteer work is encouraged and embraced!

Cons

Process and leadership alignment are probably our two Achilles heels. We could be thriving even more as a rapidly growing company if the right processes were in place to allow us to execute consistently and seamlessly. More importantly, those processes need to be adopted across the management level and directed in a consistent manner just the same.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and recognizing our strengths across the company. I encourage you to bring your ideas for process improvement to your manager, we're always open to new ideas!

8. 5.0

Solution Architect

5 Jun 2017 - Senior Solutions Architect in Ciudad de Mexico
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and great teamwork. There are really talented people supporting you always drive by how can we add value to the customers.. It´s meaningful working in here.

Cons

Since the organization is small, you need to adapt very quickly to change and do your best to keep up with the growing company speed.

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for sending in your review! We appreciate your recognition of the meaningful work we all contribute to.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting time to be part of Coupa

4 Apr 2016 - Product Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Motivated team of talented people who are excited about the space they're working in. Senior team is open to people joining the company and working to find/build the perfect role for themselves as long as it adds value for Coupa. Strong exec team who has grown companies like this before, and a lot of excitement for what we do with customers. Access to senior exec is great. People who fit well with the culture are given good opportunities. Management is not shy to let people go if they're not a cultural fit.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly so there are a lot of new people and it can be hard to figure out how to get things done at first.

2 people found this review helpful

EVP People

The title of your review is spot on! It is a very exciting time to be a part of Coupa and we’re happy you feel that way. Thanks for your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

I highly recommend Coupa if you are looking for a Career Opportunity

31 Mar 2016 -  in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so grateful to be able to say that I work at Coupa. I love the team and the energy around the organization as a whole. The work life balance provided here is enjoyable. Having an opportunity to work for a company like Coupa where you are truly rewarded and provided career advancement based on your work is hard to find. I highly recommend Coupa!

Cons

With a rapidly growing company like Coupa, there tends to be higher turnover but from what I have seen, as long as you produce results and value, there is job stability here.

1 person found this review helpful

EVP People

Apologies for my delayed response, but thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you think so highly of the company and career opportunities here!

11. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Plenty of Growing Pains

17 Feb 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, high-energy company that is going places. Lots of passionate people that believe in the product and company.

Cons

Aggressive work culture that equates working around the clock - constantly. Company claims to embrace work-life balance, but the reality doesn't provide for such a balance. Company is growing almost too fast to slow down. You're expect to make big impact on day two. All eyes are watching from top management down.

12 people found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

It's our mission at Coupa to ensure the success of our customers as well as our employees. We offer a generous amount of vacation time for our employees to take advantage of when they choose. Thanks for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews