Coupa Software Inc Reviews

4.6
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn
  1. Featured Review

"Greatest Company I've ever had the privilege to be part of"

Current Employee - VSC in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture to be part of and amazing peers to get to collaborate with. Excellent communication from the senior leadership team and a very flat and empowering organization structure that treats everyone fairly. Coupa has a great culture that allows you to take risks and try new ideas without fear of 'rocking the boat' that discourages creativity at some other companies.

Cons

I've been staring at this screen for a while and still can't come up with any real cons. I honestly can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be working.

VP, Talent

Wow - It's great to hear this continued positive feedback for all the years you've been with Coupa! You've truly captured our culture and the impact of the work allofus do.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of possibility to grown internally

Cons

Work-Life balance is not always great

VP, Talent

Thank you for the review!

"Stay away"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

No real competitors so far Feature rich product Stable business with lots of opportunities Exposure to different technologies

Cons

* Sharp division between software engineers and operations team. Operations team members are called "SRE", but in reality they mostly work on tickets and do very little impactful work - no coding and very little involvement in infrastructure projects * too many processes to get things done * too many meetings where you'd sit on mute with camera off * they call it "an inverted org structure" - but in reality it's a very top down hierarchical organization * more managers than engineers and they keep hiring managers and adding more management layers * lots of tech debt and no plans to address them. more priorities given to new features and making customers happy. However this results in a requirement to hire more and more operations people to handle incidents and deal with ever growing number of customers * lots of aggressive people who would literally "scream" at you in tickets

Chief People Officer

Thanks for posting a review and providing feedback. At Coupa, we have a strong DevOps approach with collaboration between developers and cloud operations to deliver products with rapid speed and innovation. Projects can be led by and coded by engineers in either area depending on the subject matter expertise and technology. As with our peer companies, we have career tracks for Site Reliability Engineers who are passionate about either coding or systems. We always endeavor to find a balance between process to scale and agility to innovate. We agree with not over-rotating on processes or meetings. The inverted org structure allows employees to grow in their function by having managers support rather than stifle their efforts. Additionally, the core values provide a common set of principles for All Of Us to work together. I'm sorry that you had this experience and wish you had worked with your manager on some of these concerns before departing in such a short period. I have also forwarded this to our leadership team. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

4. "Not bad."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

multicultural company, free meals and fully stock kitchen

Cons

the work load on some teams is insane

VP, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We'll bring this up with the managerial team and I encourage you to address this with your manager so they may support you in balancing work load.

5. "It's only the beginning."

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many companies around the world have amazing core values which are very catchy and attractive. Very few however actually live and breathe them. At Coupa the core values are clearly visible in action across the organisation on a daily basis. It's really cool working for a company that is changing the way some of the largest organisations in the world spend their money. As someone who always strives to make a difference, I feel like I am perfectly suited to Coupa.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Great management"

4.0
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Promotions may be obscure at times

VP, Talent

Thank you for your review.

"Coupa Software"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

I'm blown away by Coupa since joining the company. Fantastic teams that are always willing to help and they really live the core company values. Management have a great leadership style where they trust you to get the work done, provide support when you ask for it and give you more flexibility than I've seen in any other company I've worked in. This really makes you appreciate your place and instills an even stronger work ethic in you as you want to give back as much they're giving you. You'll never be bored in Coupa as there's so much to do and learn as the company expands and they acquire companies.

Cons

Like two sides to every coin, you could see cons in the Pros I provided above if you're suited to a different style of working. You won't be spoon fed here, you have to take initiative, ask for help, study a lot and put the hours in to get up to speed. So unless you're this type of person, it won't suit you. If you are, you'll be highly rewarded. Also, as the company is scaling rapidly, you experience the normal growing pains so you have to be comfortable working in this type of environment.

VP, Talent

Thank you so much for review!

8. "ADR"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Amazing product, great leadership team, career opportunities and compensation

Cons

There is a level of accountability and expectation that comes with the role, but that's a result of being given autonomy and freedom

VP, Talent

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

"start up"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discreet product, work quality, staff arrangements,benefits

Cons

Disorganized environment, lack of professionalism and poor management of the management. Very long waiting times and precarious working conditions for stability.

Continue reading
  10. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

great environment lovely people positive communication with managers and bosses many opportunities to grow and develop yourself

Cons

no cons everything is excellent

VP, Talent

Thanks for your feedback! We love hearing about the support you're receiving and your development in Coupa.

Found 482 reviews