Costa Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 5 Dec 2019

3.2
Costa CEO Dominic Paul
Dominic Paul
Pros
  • "Unlimited free drinks during the shifts(in 90 reviews)

• "Flexible hours, especially if working a second job or being student(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "cleaning and long hours someties(in 77 reviews)

• "No cons unless you dislike hard work and a busy fast environment(in 39 reviews)

1. "Good"

I worked at Costa full-time

Pros

Easy job, you do not need any experience for working there. The customer are very friendly

Cons

It is very far away from the city. You need to have a car because the transport public is always arriving late.

Advice to Management

Provide a trainning to the employee and the corret holidasy per year.

Costa2019-04-04
  2. "Team Leader position"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Costa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free drinks and food deal

Cons

Should be better paid. Lots of work to do

Costa2019-12-05
  3. "Barista"

I have been working at Costa full-time

Pros

Multinational culture, good for first experience

Cons

Low salary, short of staff

Costa2019-11-20
  4. "Poor money for a such a busy place, not an appreciation of head management"

Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Costa part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good team to work

Cons

Basic pay for such a busy environment.. No really chance for a progress

Costa2019-11-29
  5. "Barista"

I worked at Costa full-time

Pros

Free drink, Staff discount, Environment

Cons

Not paid for break time

Costa2019-11-21
  6. "Short Term Solution"

Former Employee - Barista in Wexford

I worked at Costa part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free staff drinks, 50% off food. Good holidays but only cause the manager of the store was very flexible.

Cons

Suited me down to the ground as a student, was flexible with hours. Note however that it’s monthly pay (not feasible on minimum wage), only 30 minutes ever allocated to your break no matter how long your shift is (don’t know how they legally loop through this) and also if you are hired as a barista or known as a ‘part timer’ you will not gain full time employment, baristas are only hired on a part time basis. Hours... fluctuate depending on how they are fixed for staff, shifts are relatively short but there almost every day of the week so feels like it’s a full time job but then you’re reminded by your pay check that you are not. Area managers are some laugh they expect you to jump through hoops like show dogs while doing costa checks watching your every move for the whole day. Expected way too much from you and adopted the attitude that “you’re lucky to even have a job”. Closing is a nightmare, seems to be at the managements discretion how many people they put on for closing. Usually it’s just two people so you’re busting around the store trying to mop and do twenty jobs at once while the team leader is hiding inside pretending to count every last penny to waste time. Not near enough time allocated for closing!! No other benefits or social aspect to the job. Not a penny from head office for Christmas parties or functions no other benefits whatsoever apart from the free staff drinks mentioned above, it’s just about the only thing you’re guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Only think my time was bearable cause my manager was laid back enough. Ideal if you’re a student or supplementing your income but not to earn a living. Invest in your employers and they might invest with you and not see it as a short term solution. Note all the cons I mentioned above costa, even for retail the treatment and t’s and c’s from head office and upper management are a joke! They care about their customers... never anything about then staff who generate their revenue via working for them.

Costa2019-11-20
  7. "First jub"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Costa full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is good for the first job, but not to have a career. Free Coffee and Flexible shift

Cons

Low Salary, demanding, no possibilities to grow.

Costa2019-11-19
  8. "team leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Costa full-time for more than a year

Pros

free cofffee. Half price on other items

Cons

Don't care much about employees. Pay is low. Very busy and fast environment, almost expexted to work like robots. Based on team work - good if you have a nice team. Management is never encouraging, just full of further demands. Also one is not told soecifically about holidays, each employee has to count theyre own hours and calculate by that.??? Also constantly have to listen from customers how expensive it is..... "marshmallow-60c extra?!". When I signed full time contract 700 euro was deducted from my first paycheck as a "deposit" incase i steal or terminate employment on earlier notice. Its a company that is trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of everything. 0 benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees not just the customers. Find ways to make workers like theyre job - improve inside employer branding. And head office should really provide each employee with the number of theyre earned holiday days.

Costa2019-11-18
  9. "Good place to work"

I worked at Costa full-time

Pros

Nice manager, staff and customers

Cons

Minimun wage and no free food

Costa2019-10-23
  10. "Barista"

Current Employee - Barista in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Costa full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is there Great coffee

Cons

It is there monthly paid

Costa2019-11-05