What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Used to be a caring company that was great to work for and had good benefits." (in 134 reviews)
- "Great people and place to work" (in 61 reviews)
- "Good work life balance in the Eurest sector" (in 33 reviews)
- "Many opportunities for learning and developing in role" (in 24 reviews)
- "Such a great work environment" (in 18 reviews)
- "Poor management allowed dissatisfied employees to fight" (in 87 reviews)
- "The pay was low and you had to negotiate a pay raise" (in 60 reviews)
- "Upper management is terrible." (in 39 reviews)
- "Worked many long hours (salary) because company did not invest in resources nor staff ahead of time to open the account." (in 36 reviews)
- "Bad managers in the company" (in 33 reviews)
Found 1,561 of over 2K reviews
Updated 16 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.010 Jul 2023BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRomulus, MI
If you complain alot or are of the male gender you can get whatever you want!
Management is a nightmare, they do not know what they are doing, promote chaos and enjoy employees that bring chaos to work, they go against health codes, SOP's and THEY JUST DON'T CARE. They are usually m.i.a, and don't count on any support if you have any issues that hinder you from doing your job, and you can count on having to deal with the most unbelievable issues, it's shocking!!!
- 3.017 Aug 2023Assistant MangerFormer Employee
Full benefits and long-term job security.
No concern for family responsibilities and necessities. I worked for Chartwells for the Comal ISD . The distric management forced me to bring doctor's notes to work while Iand my 7 year old daughter had two strains of the flu. Both my daughter and I were running temperatures in excess of 102 degrees. This was the attitude anytime anyone was sick or needed to take off for any reason. They do not pay a competitive wage for the area and are very low compared to other Compass Group subsidiaries like Bon Appetite. Previous to this location I had been employed with Compass Group for over 10 years and enjoyed their support and care for their employees obviously Comal ISD was under very poor managment.
- 4.09 Sept 2023Head CookCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGreensburg, PA
Great people and place to work
Short staffed because very few people want to work nowadays. Us hardworking employees get paid the same or even less than the new hires.1
- 4.06 Sept 2023Night CustodianFormer Employee
The pay is $16.37 hour
They are constantly under staffed and have a high turn over. They don't always have the supplies needed. The equipment is and has been broken for over a year. There're also issues within the management keeping thier jobs.
- 1.015 Sept 2023Food and Beverage ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Good benefits, discounted meals and good 401k
Upper mgt has favorites. HR is biased. No work life balance. The manager calls you while on vacation. You're expected to work while on vacation.1
- 4.01 Aug 2023Registered DietitianCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great resources for recipes and menu building. Good reimbursement for licensure.
When the contract ends with a client, the employees are given very little notice. They do not give enough time to let employees use up PTO/Sick/Vacation time and it is not paid out. All that time earned is just kept by the company. Once the contract ends, immediately all email and access is cut off. Recruiters are not helpful with setting up new job opportunities within Compass and their sectors. High turnover in staff and managers. FSD managers are too focused on numbers so they can get their $50K bonuses and employees suffer as a result.
- 5.07 Sept 2023Multi Unit Food Service DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Benefits, multi-divisions, largest food service contracted company
depends on the division, can be underpaid
- 3.028 Aug 2023Assistant Account Operations ManagerCurrent Employee
- many sectors allow for opportunities in different fields
- poor management relationships, not available to support front-line and lower level managers
- 3.014 Aug 2023Event CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Kind and supportive peers and plenty of opportunities to take on big projects
Unprofessional management & long hours. Managers have open disagreements with one another and frequently communicate conflicting advice/requests to team members.
Compass Group USA Reviews FAQs
Compass Group USA has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,616 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Compass Group USA to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Compass Group USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Compass Group USA 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.