Chubb Claims Examiner Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Evan Greenberg

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Examiner

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home Flexible hours I personally have a great manager but cannot say the same for everyone else.

Cons

Heavy work load No clear communication from management. Often feel that employees are being left in the dark. Negative vibe around the office. Lots of turnover lately. Not much autonomy.

Chubb2019-11-13
  2. "Claims Examiner"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Simsbury, CT

I have been working at Chubb full-time

Pros

Large company with opportunities for movement.

Cons

There is no formal training when you start. Also department does not support work from home options. PTO is less than most companies.

Chubb2019-10-17

"Questionable Promotion Tactics"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Job/Life balance Benefit Remote work availability Big parking lot

Cons

There are across the board promotional raises with others with glowing reviews getting nothing. Who gets a "pay grade promotion" with no raise????

Advice to Management

Have you supervisors adopt some ethics, stop with the favoritism and be fair with raises

Chubb2019-05-29

"Chubb is a good place to work if you can’t find anything else."

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than a year

Pros

-PTO is average for industry, starting with 17 days. -There are endless learning opportunities outside your own business group -The co-workers themselves are great to work with. -Chubb is a growing company and the outlook of the company profits itself look favorable. The company is growing and there is little need to worry about loosing your job -401k is 50 percent matching up to 6%

Cons

-Mid Level and Upper Level Management is completely disconnected with the individuals completing the front line work. -There are a lot of initiatives to improve the work culture and environment but these initiatives never seems to gain any traction and solutions to everyday problems take too long to come down, if they ever do. -The work load is barely manageable and management will tell you to work through lunches and work 60 plus hours a week if needed, just to keep your head above water. -HR will mislead and lie to you about the employment structure, bonus structure/raise, and other items, in an effort to stifle employees from asking for fair compensation. -There is very little room for growth and promotions are given more on a political approach then to the people who prove themselves. -There is a deep feeling of negativity that permeates throughout the office. -People constantly are quitting, making it difficult for the employees who stay to manage the work load

Chubb2019-02-02

"Claims Examiner"

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly recognized/esteemed company, resources widely available to help with adjusting claims. Great opportunity for growth/promotions. Co-workers are awesome. PTO is great. Pay is great. Managers are great. Everyone is willing to help, no matter what their position/ranking (from AVP down).

Cons

Chubb is doing away with work from home which is unfortunate, especially as a millennial. Work is tough but its claims, which is tough in general. Technology dilapidated. Upper management is a revolving door and culture has suffered as a result. Ace culture is taking hold, causing Chubb's great culture to wither away.

Advice to Management

Work from home is important especially among us pesky millennials. It would be smart to allow at the least 1 or 2 days of work from home. Other than that, no complaints.

Chubb2018-12-19

"Sr. Auto Claims Examiner"

Current Employee - Senior Auto Claims Examiner in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job stability. Fun co-workers. Large corporation. Multiple departments

Cons

Below average compensation. Poor leadership. High turnover. Unrealistic workload expectations. Non-existent training. No growth opportunities. I was a Chubb & Sons employee that has been present during the merger with Ace American Insurance Company. Prior to the merger I loved the company I worked for. The management team was well rounded, intelligent and excited to grow their staffs careers. The work life balance was phenomenal. Chubb legacy was the place to be. Sadly that is no longer the case. The merger has taken everything that was wonderful about this company and reversed 100 years of perfection. The Auto Claims Dept. over the last couple of years had resembled a petty highschool environment full of bullies. Medicore capabilities are celebrated if you rub elbows with the right folks. Poor results go overlooked if you fluff the right ego and top notch performance isn't rewarded or acknowledged. Addressing actual HR violations from leadership are seen as petty complaints and not taken seriously. There is absolutely no training. Extremely high turnover, multiple claims systems for multiple policy types that no one in leadership understands. Weekends, nights and holidays are required once a month by all staff. They claim flexibility however obtaining an approved day off is next to impossible unless it's requested and approved a year in advance! Benefits we're reduced Pensions we're taken away. Salaries Reduced. Hands down, bottom of the barrel I'm 2018.

Advice to Management

Establish and streamline training. Obtain and retain capable staffing. Eliminate narcissistic leadership.

Chubb2018-12-22

"Mission Impossible"

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good salary, Benefits, coworkers

Cons

Chubb is losing the culture the brand was built on. There is no time to properly review claims or provide excellent service to clients because of a poor staffing model and/or layoffs.It’s disheartening to see the morale of coworkers being depleted along with our work-home life balance.

Advice to Management

We desperately need more associates in all departments. The use of multiple claims systems is inefficient. You’re losing the buy-in.

Chubb2018-10-18

"Claim Examiner"

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Chubb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Salary was commensurate with the industry in the area.

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. They should be made to work the desk with the same guidelines with the same expectations and see if they can keep up.

Advice to Management

Same as above

Chubb2018-09-12

"Company Overview"

Current Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Examiner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home program. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Overworked, case loads are too high and the expectations are not realistic. High turnover in the department.

Advice to Management

Hire more personnel as it is not realistic to comply with the demands set by the company when the case loads are too high.

Chubb2018-02-25

"Actions speak louder than anything else"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Chubb full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers, some fun activities and quarterly CEO update.

Cons

While I've only worked in one office, the overall company culture has changed. They talk a good game, but behind closed doors it's a different story. In the most constructive way possible, I don't recommend this organization at this moment in time.

Advice to Management

Less ego, more humility.

Chubb2017-10-24