Carpetright Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 6, 2021

Found 15 of over 166 reviews

4.0
Carpetright Chief Executive, Nestware Holdings Limited Wilf Walsh
Wilf Walsh
Pros
  • "I was made to feel very welcome within the team and felt like I am not just a number but part of the Carpetright family(in 10 reviews)

• "Worked around my degree and work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and sometimes bad customers(in 13 reviews)

• "No work life balance,barely any training provided(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Complaint driven

Nov 6, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good when you manage a high performing store

Cons

Very complaint driven job role. Constantly firefighting problems like carpets not being delivered, managing independent carpet fitters who just decide when to turn up for their jobs or not. Using an IT system which is absolutely not fit for use. No support from management or the HR team. No work life balance, constant calls from fitters, warehouse and home flooring surveyors on your days off.

Carpetright Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you don't feel supported. We'd really like to pick up with you directly. If you'd like to continue the conversation, drop us a line at GlassdoorReviews@carpetright.co.uk with your contact details

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good Team

Aug 1, 2021 - Regional Manager in Worcester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission and flexibility. Can have a great work life balance. Leadership team are approachable. New owner putting lots of money in.

Cons

The new system is killing the business. Losing many employees due the stress of system failures.

Carpetright Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's good to see that you appreciated the work/life balance that can be achieved (and the uncapped commission!). Implementing a new major system is never without its challenges and we do understand that it is causing some frustrations. We're busy working on some solutions already and we will share your feedback internally, so that your views are heard. We'd be happy to hear from you on glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk if you'd like to have a further conversation

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worst work life balance

Jun 2, 2021 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission pay, friendly team

Cons

No work life balance,barely any training provided

Carpetright Ltd

We'd love the opportunity to discuss your review further, can you please get in touch with us at glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk? We will be happy to talk to you and understand how we can improve.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working for this business

Dec 3, 2020 - Regional Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Established, secure business with a great position in the market. Great people. Good culture. Sensible work-life balance. Looking to continually improve and develop the business and chance to be part of making a positive difference.

Cons

Some older premises which are in need of further spend or relocating, which continues to be worked on.

Carpetright Response

Thanks for your review! Sounds like working here is working well for you!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Nov 6, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Partner in Purfleet, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Carpetright for over 7 years with a short break in between and I can honestly say it is a lovely Company to work for, friendly, supportive with a good work life balance. Colleagues are always on hand if you need any help and hard work and commitment is recognised. I would definitely recommend working for this Company.

Cons

None that I can think of

Carpetright Ltd

It's always great to hear from colleagues with long service - it speaks volumes , particularly as you briefly left us but came back. Here's to your next 7 years!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team Spirit from Top to Bottom

Oct 24, 2020 - Deputy Manager in Camborne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work life balance Hours and shift patterns are very fair Training Investment in talent Approachable Management

Cons

Some stores look dated but this is being resolved

Carpetright Ltd

We are glad to see you embracing the culture and team spirit, long may it continue! We are Carpetright!!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work

May 1, 2020 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked around my degree and work life balance

Cons

None for myself as an employee

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ridiculous

Feb 26, 2020 - Deputy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

None unless you are a soulless shark of a sales advisor

Cons

No lunchbreaks, horrible work /life balance, if they dont like you they will use every excuse including blatant favoritism and discrimination to do so. Or make you uncomfortable enough to leave by sitting at their desks writing every fine detail you did wrong while giving you no trainig. Lying on time sheets and robbing you of overtime. I was robbed of 29 hours overtime 1 week!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Car crash of a Company

Jan 8, 2020 - Home Flooring Surveyor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some autonomy on quiet days Opportunity to meet some fantastic customers in their home

Cons

No work/ life balance you're expected to work every Saturday and alternate Sundays OTE is £20-£25k Leads and support from stores can be very frustrating Expected to use own vehicle, and wait up to 3-4 weeks for payment of inadequate fuel expenses, servicing not covered Little opportunity to get lunch breaks on busy days Company expect you to use your own mobile for Company business with no compensation! Management don't care about their staff

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Manager

May 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, fair pay, good head office support

Cons

Work life balance , short staffs in many stores, High amount of physical work for sales colleagues and store management

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews