Care UK Staff Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Mike Parish

"Nursing staff"

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in London, England

I worked at Care UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Middle management superb. Very friendly and extreamly helpfull. Nursing staff all understand pressures of workin in a busy understaffed hospital.

Cons

Most senior management don’t care and don’t listen. No pay rises. Long hours. Not open to ideas. Not bothered about staff, just figures

Advice to Management

Start listening to the staff. Be more open and honest.

Care UK2018-06-15
  2. "Care home"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Care UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is good training for continuous professional development and a thorough induction program.

Cons

Less support for night staff. Only one nurse and one health care assistant to a unit of 18 service users at night. If someone goes off sick there's a strong chance that you will work alone. No paid break, however you are expected to stay on your unit for the entire 12 hours. Shift work, no set working days, so very difficult to plan around family needs. Sometimes rota is not published until a couple... of days before the week commences, so you have no idea what you're doing up to a day beforehand every month.

Advice to Management

Listen to the opinions of your staff in regards to better working conditions and take actions to implement changes that will support your staff, especially at night when resources are limited.

Care UK2017-10-23

"disappointing"

Former Employee - Staff Nurse
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Care UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am sure things vary from organisation to organisation, and I can see that to n extent the company is trying to create a positive corporate image, which is only possible if the services are good. But I felt that it was very clear that empoyees were not valued.

Cons

Lack of organisation, and a preference for form over function. I worked at a new care home, and it was woefully badly designed - it looked great for residents, and visitors were very impressed, but it was so difficult to work in. Only ONE staff toilet for up to 40 staff. A tiny staff room. It was also a farce preparing for the opening. But any and all complaints/concerns were ignored or just patronisingly... pushed to the side. Working for Care UK made me ill

Advice to Management

Think about the ACTUAL realities of working with people who have complex health and mental issues. Its all very well to promise the earth to ervice users, but then to leave your staff without the ability to meet these promises means they are the ones who get abuse. More supervision of unit managers. And prepare more carefully for new builds.

Care UK2014-10-05