Cover image for CarTrawler

Found 264 of over 273 reviews

4.1
CarTrawler Chief Executive Officer Peter O’Donovan
Peter O’Donovan
Pros
  • "Great People flexibility balance between work and life(in 18 reviews)

• "Work life balance has become a priority during the pandemic(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "All of the energy is gone from the place since they fired all the call centre and moved it to Egypt(in 8 reviews)

• "complete lack of communication or transparency(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Very good company.

20 Jan 2023 - Customer Service Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, very nice colleagues, very good schedule (working only Monday to Friday), good craic.

Cons

Having 3 chats simultaneously is very busy and stressful.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

11 Jan 2023 - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some really good Engineers and people in P&T. - Fantastic work life balance with some really nice extras including Friday unplugged(Half day on the last Friday of the month). - Good benefits package. - Really starting to move in the right direction in terms of tech stack.

Cons

- Salary is below market rate. - Management have let through some very toxic staff in the last few years making 1 team really unapproachable and terrible to work with.

3. Join the CarTrawler team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience and supportive staff

22 Dec 2022 - Intern in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff is great and the teams are open to new ideas and communicate well their needs. Open to criticism

Cons

Offices out of the city

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great working culture, learning new things everyday

18 Nov 2022 - Senior Data Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is great. This company uses the latest technology. I have been here a long time, but I continue to learn every day. Management has improved a lot, they do care about people and are always supportive.

Cons

This is hard work. Although they are very flexible, the pressure is always there. In the past, there were quiet times and busy times. Now it is only busy times.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Average company

24 Nov 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment. Hybrid mode working the best feature.

Cons

Difficult to progress without conections

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Irish Company

4 Nov 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work Supportive and care about its people

Cons

Nothing I can thing of

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Always check your rights before made redundant

30 Nov 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a good place to work until I was told nothing but lies. Wouldn't trust them.

Cons

I worked here for 7 years and was made redundant, which was OK at the time when I was told there were cut backs and there was gonna be a big change within my team and needed to get rid of someone. This was all lies, there has been no change on the team and my role was replaced by a contractor two months after I was made redundant, which is illegal by the way. Before I got picked for redundancy, there was a new member on our team who was transferred from the call center and he was supposed to go back to the call center, which is not the case. So someone with 3 months experience stays on but 7 years is not good enough. Another member in my team offered to take redundancy, but I just had to take it I guess. Don't expect me to leave a good review after being told lies.

CarTrawler Response

We are very sorry it seems that you did not have a positive end to your time at CarTrawler, after such a long tenure. We pride ourselves on being a values led, people centric organisation and strive to ensure all of our people are treated fairly and with the utmost respect during their time with us. In the very rare instances where a redundancy is unfortunately the only option, the dignity of our employees is central to everything we do. Any redundancy process is always fully transparent and only considered as a last resort after reviewing all other potential options. As always we also strictly adhere to all relevant Irish employment law and impacted employees will receive the associated protections from same.

9. 5.0

Culture

24 Oct 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and amazing atmosphere.

Cons

salary it is not really.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

+1 - Not worth taking up any engineering jobs in this company

10 Oct 2022 - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- benefits are ok - half day end of month - company events

Cons

- toxic work environment - they pretend to care about mental health but they only try to cover themselves - pay is below market rate - the people team is malicious - old technology that will never change - employees that are terrible are kept bc they are too scared to take action - architecture doesn't exist - career development/performance review methodology is a joke

4 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0

Culture

6 Sep 2022 - People Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open and transparent culture, Friendly, supportive, works in conjunction with family life and career prospects

Cons

None, Great place to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Reviews
    </>Embed

CarTrawler Reviews FAQs

CarTrawler has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 273 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at CarTrawler to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CarTrawler employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CarTrawler. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

90% of CarTrawler employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CarTrawler 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with CarTrawler Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CarTrawler? Share Your Experiences

CarTrawler logo

Reviews by Job Title

CarTrawler Photos

+ Add Photo
    CarTrawler photo of: CarTrawler Employees ready for off at our New Year 5k for Pieta House
    CarTrawler photo of: We’re delighted to announce that our charity partner for this year is Pieta , who provide support to those experiencing suicidal ideation, engaging in self-harm, or who have been bereaved by Suicide
    CarTrawler photo of: Christmas Festive Cheer - Customer and People Team employees at our Christmas Party recently
    CarTrawler photo of: P&amp;T employees enjoying the night at our Christmas Party in the Westin Dublin in December 22
    CarTrawler photo of: Employees enjoying our Christmas Party in December 2022
    CarTrawler photo of: Our TA team attended the coveted Tiara Awards as finalists. This award recognises Innovation and Creativity in the recruitment process.
    CarTrawler photo of: Collaboration and Teamwork in our TownHall

CarTrawler Job Seekers Also Viewed

Airbnb Logo
    Airbnb

4.3

2,207 reviews
    Compare

Glassdoor has 273 CarTrawler reviews submitted anonymously by CarTrawler employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CarTrawler is right for you.