Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Updated 15 May 2020

4.1
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast(in 50 reviews)

• "Canada Drives is a great place for young adults to get experience and grow(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "We spend long hours in the office, there is coffee but no snacks or food, that would be a nice bonus(in 33 reviews)

• "I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Work Hard, Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to get anywhere in the company, you have to grind harder than your typical 9-5 job...but it actually gives you results unlike other companies. Free breakfast/lunch + transit pass, pretty easy to save money even when you're on the base salary. They talk up the earning potential during your interview if you work as hard on day 1 as 100 then you'll get what you put into the job in $$.. Being honest with yourself + managers get you a lot further than expected.

Cons

obviously the pressure, and you're tired after work and don't have the best work life balance as a result. They really emphasize "just pushing through" sickness, tiredness, etc. so the culture does kind of suck that way.

Canada Drives2020-05-15
  2. "Great starting point"

Current Employee - Associate Underwriter

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, benefits a pretty nice, free breakfast and lunch served daily. The Underwriting department management is top-notch. A perfect starting point to gain work experience.

Cons

Wish the remuneration was a bit higher considering that living in Vancouver can be a quite costly.

Canada Drives2020-03-30
  3. "Opportunities and growth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth, free food for breakfast and lunch, positive work environment

Cons

objection handling, it takes some time to get here from Surrey but it helps that Burrard is a block away, also CD expenses the transit pass so you get your money back too.

Canada Drives2020-02-06

"Great place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good place to get experience in business, call center, sales -Company provides breakfast and lunch -Company covers most/all of public transit costs -Great team environment -Understanding and supportive managers -Young and ever growing company with lots of opportunity to grow/move up if you work hard for it

Cons

-Food is always the same -Some goals set for departments can be frustrating to reach BUT with effort they are reachable

Canada Drives2019-10-02
  5. "Fun, Fast-Paced & Energetic - Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun teams & supportive managers - Lots of opportunities within the company - talent & hard work don't go unnoticed - Great benefits (medical, dental & optical) + MSP for employees & their families - Company paid transit pass (+ amazing location) - Breakfast, lunch & snacks onsite (saves you money!) - Tons of events for employee engagement - makes each day fun and exciting!

Cons

- Not for the faint-hearted: requires consistent hard work and adapting to a high-paced environment (but it pays off)

Canada Drives2019-10-16
  6. "By far the best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here. I feel happy going to work everyday thanks to my awesome co-workers and the friendly work environment plus the fact that we have a fully stacked kitchen that provides free breakfast and lunch everyday. The office is very energetic and positive and even though people work very hard and sometimes long hours while here they still seem to have fun. One of the best parts of this company is the possibility to create your own career if you're willing to put in the hard work and a few extra hours at times. Out of my own experience I only have positive things to say about management, from the CEO's to the team managers, they all work very hard but they still always have a very respectful and positive attitude at work. I would definitely recommend applying for a job at Canada Drives!

Cons

Where I'm sitting in the office it gets a little chilly at times because of the air conditioner.

Canada Drives2019-10-01
  7. "Awesome environment for young people who are willing to put in a lot of work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, Prompt promotion for those who are working hard, Free kitchen with breakfast/lunch, Lots of admin/support staff for payroll, HR and other support, Close to train station

Cons

Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building.

Canada Drives2019-09-12

"A great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast and lunch provided in office kitchen, young, dynamic and friendly employees. Employers who appreciate employees in a number of fun and creative ways. Ex. Bonuses, team events, dinners etc. . A great place to gain experience and to build a career in a number of different fields.

Cons

I live in Surrey so the commute is not great, but the company makes up for it with paying for transit pass and providing basic breakfast and lunch options.

Canada Drives2019-07-10

"Young , fun and energetic place of work with great opportunities to make a lot of money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked here for 5 months now and ever since my first day I've felt welcome by everyone. The company is constantly expanding and there are a lot of people from all ages working here. Out of all these people the majority are incredibly friendly, positive and social which creates a great work environment for everyone. Most of the employees work close with their managers too which gives them a great chance to always learn more and constantly grow. In some departments of this company you are able to make a really good amount of money each month if you are willing to work hard. Other than that there are a bunch of great benefits such as free breakfast and lunch everyday, full transit reimbursements, health and dental care etc. This really is an amazing company to be part of and I'm happy to go to work everyday!

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little too noisy in the office but other than that there's not really anything to complain about.

Canada Drives2018-10-22

Canada Drives Response

October 25, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Canada Drives goes to great lengths to make all Canada Drives staff feel welcome at work each and every day. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin introduced an excellent employee benefits package because they care about their staff. They also want you to be able to hear yourself think, so please do let your manager know when your work area is too loud.

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month - Free breakfast and lunch - Great benefits and MSP program - Unbelievably fast growing company - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Canada Drives2018-09-13

Canada Drives Response

September 13, 2018Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

Found 32 reviews