Canada Drives Sales Representative - Credit Solution Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 21 Nov 2019

4.1
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously. 2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great. 3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable... company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt. 2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance. 3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue. 4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight... to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

Canada Drives2018-08-02
  2. "Honestly the best job I've ever had and huge abilities to grow."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make significant amount of money by actually working hard and being in your seat. There is no one stopping you to be the best. The more hard work you show the more rewarded you will be. This is actually a 1 to 1 ratio of hard work to reward. The longer you stay and learn the more you can make and the better things get and easier it gets. They do not care about your past and will help you with your future.... You do not need a university degree you just need to have a drive to sit in a chair and be ready to learn and work hard.

Cons

Long hours but trust me you make yourself do that. YOu have to learn to be better by making a lot of mistakes.

Canada Drives2019-11-22
  3. "Decent place to earn money"

Current Employee - Senior Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money and free lunch

Cons

it will be long hours

Canada Drives2019-11-18
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work culture is great. Coworkers are very helpful. The company also provides many benefits such as free food and subsidies for transit.

Cons

There is nothing so far

Canada Drives2019-11-08
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Loans Advisor in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, Free coffee, Team building events, Fun work environment, Easy work.

Cons

Hitting seven hours of call time every day.

Canada Drives2019-11-05
  6. "Employee Review"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has a youthful enthusiasm

Cons

The hours can be long to reach quotas

Canada Drives2019-11-19

"Canada Drives Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have the freedom to do what we want with the trust to be able to get the job done. The staff is all very nice and friendly.

Cons

Certain people that have been here longer than others appear to think they're better than others and don't need to be respectful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Canada Drives2019-10-22
  8. "Fun, Inviting Work Place"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great environment that is filled with great people. The work is very rewarding because we are helping people out of a bad situation. For example, a single mother trying to make ends mean and is struggling because she has no car. No banks will look at her file because the credit is so poor. We are their way out of that bad situation. We get them their car and help them be more proactive with changing their... lives for the better.

Cons

I can not think of any. Canada Drives has been great and very helpful to my professional development

Advice to Management

I think what they are doing is great.

Canada Drives2019-10-09

"Great place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good place to get experience in business, call center, sales -Company provides breakfast and lunch -Company covers most/all of public transit costs -Great team environment -Understanding and supportive managers -Young and ever growing company with lots of opportunity to grow/move up if you work hard for it

Cons

-Food is always the same -Some goals set for departments can be frustrating to reach BUT with effort they are reachable

Canada Drives2019-10-02
  10. "Fun, Fast-Paced & Energetic - Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun teams & supportive managers - Lots of opportunities within the company - talent & hard work don't go unnoticed - Great benefits (medical, dental & optical) + MSP for employees & their families - Company paid transit pass (+ amazing location) - Breakfast, lunch & snacks onsite (saves you money!) - Tons of events for employee engagement - makes each day fun and exciting!

Cons

- Not for the faint-hearted: requires consistent hard work and adapting to a high-paced environment (but it pays off)

Advice to Management

- Casual Fridays maybe? No qualms regarding management at all!

Canada Drives2019-10-16