Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 8 Jun 2020

4.1
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously. 2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great. 3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt. 2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance. 3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue. 4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

2. "My Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Closer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to grow and move up within the company Solid training and management Opportunity to make large bonuses based off performance Free Breakfast/Lunch available in office

Cons

Hours can be long, but is expected if you want to hit targets and sales goals

Continue reading
  3. "I met the most amazing people in this company, great teams."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working here for a year and a little bit, and I can say that my favourite part of all is people. Amazing teams, everybody is so hardworking and always ready to help. I am grateful for a chance to work here, and a chance to work with this people. This environment helped me to take on more responsibilities, and improve at what I do every day. I've definitely learned a lot in this company, and I don't stop learning every day.

Cons

Lots of misscommunication between teams and management. Lots of pressure.

4. "Long hours"

Current Employee - Mortgage Broker in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

A lot of great experience learning from really cool people

Cons

long hours with a lot of demand

5. "Hard work will always pay off"

5.0
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money is substantial, the benefits are amazing, and if you work hard you will always be rewarded. The company has alot of upward momentum and has become a dominant force that is growing in the financial sector. Not only do they Do car loans, they do personal loans, even Mortgages. I work in the personal loans department and when I tell you that this is a job that makes you more money the longer you last, it is the honest to god truth. Its tough in your first month or 2 but I will tell you now, you will get better exponentially as long as your willing to put the work in it. The team dinners are expensive and fun and this maybe an individual job but the team building is what makes the from being a job to being apart of a family. They will always give you a chance as long as your learning from your mistakes. Everyone is different and personalities that succeed vary hugely. This is a company that will last for a long time and if you are coming in the upward momentum is limitless and alot of the agents are making more money then the management does. The job is honestly not a hard job just a long one. All you have to do is sit down and work. There is gold under your seats you just have to sit down and dig for it. The benefits include covering for 80 percent of your medicine that you can buy.

Cons

Long hours, and management does not put up with bad attitudes. If you are not showing effort then you will not last. If you do not speak up about what you want and if you need help, no one will help you and no one will care. You need to make your own voice heard, if not nothing will happen.

6. COVID-19

"Working at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be pushed to your limits. It is a great place to enhance your sales skills. The culture is very cut-throat and do-or-die. If you are not a go-getter or don't have experience/confidence in sales, you won't last. If you have very high morals, you won't last long either. In fact everyone from my hiring class quit pretty fast. Even though they were highly experienced sales people, some quit because they couldn't handle the pressure. Others quit because they felt what the company does is immoral. It is a great opportunity to make money for a select few that stick around. The targeted customers are mostly people with low credit scores. People who have had bankruptcies, proposals etc. The company reaches out to these people like they are trying to help them. To help them get a car in their driveway and to help them build up their credit score if customer keeps up with their payments. The company then charges these people very high interest rates. Straddling these already in-debt people with even more crippling debt with sky-high bi-weekly payments. The vehicles are all used and already significantly depreciated in value. The vehicles are delivered directly to the customers address, which is pretty cool. But often times the cars have numerous issues that the customer then has to deal with. I have friends who have gotten vehicles financed through Canada Drives and they've definitely had their fair share of ordeals dealing with the cars the got and the issues that followed.

Cons

You will be talked down to like a misbehaving child if you are having a slow couple days or perceived as under performing. The company only promotes people for management positions who display consistently alarming signs of psychopathic behavior. Not too surprising that any senior employees came off as harsh bullies, as if they're just waiting for you to fall off. Management at the CEO level is frantic and unorganized. The CEO's own "status" on the company messaging platform is something like "I'm trying to figure this out everyday." Management style is often careless and ruthless. An employee's mental health is of no concern. You'll constantly be told that the numbers is all that matters. With the Covid crisis, we were all suddenly either laid off or told to work from home. This was followed up with the CEO having a public freak out on zoom calls with different departments, cussing us out and threatening to shut down this or that department. Followed by more co-workers quitting and more lay-offs as the company shrinks under the pressure of this economic down turn. Of course all staff are instructed to beat the same drum that the company will come out stronger than ever once this is all over. Little things were off like I'm pretty sure I was lied to about the hours I'd be working during the interview. Very strange looking back. In the end you will be chewed up and spit out.

7. "Career growth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been employed by Canada drives for over a year now and one of the things I have really appreciated is the growth the company offers. I have amazing colleagues and managers who have helped me gain access to all the knowledge I have to know.

Cons

One of the things that stand out is how easily you can be replaced if you don't make your self an asset to the team.

8. "Work Hard, Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to get anywhere in the company, you have to grind harder than your typical 9-5 job...but it actually gives you results unlike other companies. Free breakfast/lunch + transit pass, pretty easy to save money even when you're on the base salary. They talk up the earning potential during your interview if you work as hard on day 1 as 100 then you'll get what you put into the job in $$$.. Being honest with yourself + managers get you a lot further than expected.

Cons

obviously the pressure, and you're tired after work and don't have the best work life balance as a result. They really emphasize "just pushing through" sickness, tiredness, etc. so the culture does kind of suck that way.

"Convenient Job, but very subjective"

Former Employee - Agent in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Full Benefits and compensations Convenient Location situated downtown Manageable hours and competitive pay

Cons

Inconsistent policy changes Lack of breaks Target customers are mainly difficult to work with

10. "Great starting point"

Current Employee - Associate Underwriter

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, benefits a pretty nice, free breakfast and lunch served daily. The Underwriting department management is top-notch. A perfect starting point to gain work experience.

Cons

Wish the remuneration was a bit higher considering that living in Vancouver can be a quite costly.

Found 236 reviews