Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.1
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously.

2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great.

3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt.

2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance.

3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue.

4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

2. "Great place to grow!"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and encouraging of self-growth and improvement

Cons

The company does it's best to suit everybody's needs, no cons

3. "marketing and administration"

Pros

Amazing team work. Respected apriciated at all times. Great benefits.

Cons

You got to be dedicated no excuses accepted

Advice to Management

Advertisement and marketing should be using double standard theory.

"Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's the people who really make this company stand out! great people, easy to get a long with that it hardly felt like work sometimes
    free food up in the 6th floor
    the CEO by the name of Cody, what a an easy guy to talk to, very down to earth and very approachable
    monthly lunches with the team
    flexible hours
    beside the Burrard Skytrain Station so very convenient plus transport allowance
    seems to be a very successful company growing by the month, about 400 people I think

Cons

sometimes you could have long hours
    2-3 people doing the job of one
    project managers would push too many things at once
    office space could improve

Advice to Management

slowing down would give people time to deliver better results

"Evil Company - DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is mind numbingly easy and there's free food (but the pay is low so I'm not sure how else you can afford to feed yourself while working there in an entry level position).

Cons

This company exists to prey on poor people with bad credit, especially those who are not tech savvy. The only people who last there either are too blind to understand this or have no compassion for their fellow human beings. Hence, the staff is made up of all of the worst people you went to high school with: ignorant, obnoxious, misogynist, racist, homophobic, two-faced, immature.

In the 3 months I was there the turnover in my department was maybe 50%, and a lot of folks who left did so because of management and HR's utter failure to deal with toxic, racist, Islamophobic and sexist drama.

The worst for me personally was speaking to loan applicants, who are often justifiably angry. Let me tell you, few things have made me more disgusted in my life than talking to poor rural Canadians sign up for loans they don't understand and cannot pay off (due to the nearly 50% interest rate).

Advice to Management

The entire management strategy relies on bribing workers to do their work. I found this infantalising and very demotivating as I do not need a carrot at the end of a stick in order to complete basic tasks at my job. My advice to managers and anyone who works there is to get out of there while you still have a soul.

"Highschool"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment, snacks.

Cons

Very childish and unprofessional attitude in the workplace. The only way you’re moving up is if you’re good friends with a manager.

Advice to Management

Manage your HR department, they take weeks and constant reminders to even respond or answer via Slack and professionalism within the workplace.

"Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working here, hard work is definitely rewarded. Loyalty is definitely rewarded. I've gained a lot of lifelong relationships here, one of the greatest work environments I've ever been in. Time flies at work, never a dull moment. I'm always bragging to my friends about what I do. Love it.

Cons

Can't think of anything, it's all good!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

3 Dec 2018 – Human Resources Manager

On behalf us all, I would like to thank you for sharing this great review about Canada Drives. Hearing that you love working here is the best thing we could hope for! We’re happy to have an employee... More

"Better than you'd think"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working at Canadadrives for about a year now (The longest I have worked in a field like this) and I can easily say that that if you plan on looking for a professional environment where you can dictate your income based on numbers YOU produce than this would be the perfect place for you. The workplace is never dull with ever changing music and company activities. One of the things that have kept me here so long is the networking you can build being around so many people who over achieve in many different avenues of their lives. I would strongly suggest this place to any driven individual.

Cons

There isn't really anything I can think of off the top of my head. The only thing I would say some people will find as a Con is that if you plan on slacking around and making easy money than this isn't the place for you. But I think that goes with any work place better than an entry level role.

3 Dec 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re so glad to hear how happy you are working here! We agree, the amount of wonderful staff here that have endured so many different paths of life makes it such a great place to learn and grow! Our... More

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.