Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 20 Jan 2020

4.0
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast(in 49 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but that's apart of the job(in 29 reviews)

• "I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives(in 14 reviews)

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously. 2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great. 3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt. 2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance. 3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue. 4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

Canada Drives2018-08-02
  2. "An awesome job"

Current Employee - Senior Loans Officer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pros are helping people with their finances.

Cons

The cons are handling objections

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great work! We appreciate it.

Canada Drives2020-01-20
  3. "Perfect environment to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor- Fresh Start

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking to gain experience and improve your sales performance this is the perfect company for that. One of the big reasons is because the managers are willing to work closely with you to help you improve on a day to day basis. There is so much room for opportunity at Canada Drives so you can build a career within the company. There are team events so you can interact and get to know your co-workers which makes the environment feel very family oriented. Hard work always pays off at this company, the harder you work the better your compensation is.

Cons

It can be very fast paced and can be a big workload especially if your inexperienced which is why you have to be able to take constructive criticism in order to improve.

Canada Drives2020-01-16
  4. "Truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been working with this company for 2 years now and it's without a doubt one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great work atmosphere and company culture. It feels great that we're able to not only help people get into vehicles, but have a ton of fun doing it as well. The upward mobility in the company is awesome as well, I've seen a ton of people promoted to management positions within a year of working here and double their salaries in that time. They really pay attention to how much you put in, and if you're working hard you'll definitely be rewarded for it.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any

Canada Drives2020-01-15
  5. "Great place to become an amazing SALESPERSON!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management helps you get better at your job. You can make money really quick. I went from earning $15 an hour to 11,250 a month consistently in 3 months. Super friendly work environment... I made a lot of friends during my time at CD.. Constant group training in the morning... my managers were always coaching me on the sales floor.. sometimes two at once sometimes even my colleagues would jump on my calls and save my deals for me! Super fast pace.

Cons

Sometimes training is at 7:30 am... Since it's fast pace daily targets can be quite high.

Canada Drives2020-01-14
  6. "I have loved working here"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will never feel like you do not have the support to succeed, every manager I have had here is more than willing to put the time and effort into making sure I am successful.

Cons

you have to be willing to give up a little work life balance to succeed, which is not the worst thing but something to be aware of

Canada Drives2019-12-20
  7. "Full time for more than a year"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic environment, great people to work with, understanding staff, great benefits, room for growth in a short amount of time.

Cons

Low starting wage but there's room for growth and opportunities for a raise and promotion.

Advice to Management

Allow some time for a person to learn. We have a lot of things to remember and things get changed all the time. Some people are not fast at learning; public shaming and blaming would not help to improve

Canada Drives2019-12-20
  8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Digital Analyst

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Culture - Good work-life balance - Supportive - Lunch and Breakfast

Cons

None that I can think of

Canada Drives2019-12-11
  9. "Salesforce analyst"

Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing and excellent work atmosphere

Cons

Nothing on my mind for now

Canada Drives2019-12-08
  10. "Fun , loving team work"

I have been working at Canada Drives

Pros

Hey I am not a employee of this organization but I want to become a part of this organization, I could judge here I will get great team support & fun atmosphere which I can feel & give more effort to my work even its keep me more energetic & enthusiast.. good luck guys

Cons

Cons is if I will not get opportunity to showcase my skill & knowledge .

Canada Drives2019-12-03