Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 196 reviews

4.1
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years(in 47 reviews)

• "Free food, and transit is covered(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building(in 26 reviews)

• "I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives(in 13 reviews)

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously. 2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great. 3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable... company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt. 2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance. 3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue. 4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight... to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

Canada Drives2018-08-02
  2. "Fun, Inviting Work Place"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great environment that is filled with great people. The work is very rewarding because we are helping people out of a bad situation. For example, a single mother trying to make ends mean and is struggling because she has no car. No banks will look at her file because the credit is so poor. We are their way out of that bad situation. We get them their car and help them be more proactive with changing their... lives for the better.

Cons

I can not think of any. Canada Drives has been great and very helpful to my professional development

Advice to Management

I think what they are doing is great.

Canada Drives2019-10-09
  3. "Great place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good place to get experience in business, call center, sales -Company provides breakfast and lunch -Company covers most/all of public transit costs -Great team environment -Understanding and supportive managers -Young and ever growing company with lots of opportunity to grow/move up if you work hard for it

Cons

-Food is always the same -Some goals set for departments can be frustrating to reach BUT with effort they are reachable

Canada Drives2019-10-02
  4. "By far the best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here. I feel happy going to work everyday thanks to my awesome co-workers and the friendly work environment plus the fact that we have a fully stacked kitchen that provides free breakfast and lunch everyday. The office is very energetic and positive and even though people work very hard and sometimes long hours while... here they still seem to have fun. One of the best parts of this company is the possibility to create your own career if you're willing to put in the hard work and a few extra hours at times. Out of my own experience I only have positive things to say about management, from the CEO's to the team managers, they all work very hard but they still always have a very respectful and positive attitude at work. I would definitely recommend applying for a job at Canada Drives!

Cons

Where I'm sitting in the office it gets a little chilly at times because of the air conditioner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Canada Drives2019-10-01
  5. "Fast Growing Company FOR SURE"

Current Employee - Junior Accountant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kitchen stocked with ingredients to make salads, sandwichs, breakfast etc. Friendly very outgoing coworkers Great insurance benefits Compass cards can be expensed Fun contests during holidays

Cons

Very fast paced if you're not used to an environment like that Not compensated enough for other positions other than sales

Canada Drives2019-10-02
  6. "Never a dull moment at Canada Drives!"

Current Employee - Assistant Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic and fast-paced environment. Monthly team outings. Credit is given where due. Paid Lunch + Transit. Competitive Holiday Contests. Yummy special days ex.) waffle breakfast

Cons

If you are not willing to push yourself you will not last here.

Canada Drives2019-09-16
  7. "Really great place to grow and move up in the company"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun fast paced work environment, which makes the day go by quickly. I enjoy working with the people on my team and there's always new work to do, so it's never boring. Free food, and transit is covered. Benefits are great. Fun team events usually every month.

Cons

Sitting at a desk most of the day. Looking at a screen all day.

Canada Drives2019-09-16
  8. "Awesome environment for young people who are willing to put in a lot of work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, Prompt promotion for those who are working hard, Free kitchen with breakfast/lunch, Lots of admin/support staff for payroll, HR and other support, Close to train station

Cons

Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building.

Canada Drives2019-09-12
  9. "not recommend"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

free food which worth $5-10 perday

Cons

this company is feed by the blood of greedy stupid people,crazy high interest Loan, man , that’s such a good business if I have no heart

Advice to Management

Good luck, hope you can sleep

Canada Drives2019-09-05
  10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Everyone is nice and young

Cons

No overtime pay but working more than 40 hours a week

Canada Drives2019-09-17