CHOC Children's Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

CHOC Children's Reviews

Updated 6 Nov 2019

3.7
CHOC Children's CEO Kim Cripe (no image)
Kim Cripe
Pros
  • "Interns got a ton of opportunities to shadow physicians, hear from various hospital employees about their jobs, and participate in hands-on activities(in 11 reviews)

• "The nursing staff on the floors are very caring with high levels of experience with pediatrics(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have experienced first hand how ineffective the HR Management Team is(in 6 reviews)

• "There are no cons to volunteering for CHOC(in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing Hospital"

Former Employee - Volunteer

I worked at CHOC Children's part-time

Pros

Great environment and very helpful staff

Cons

No downside while being a volunteer

CHOC Children's2019-11-06
  2. "CHOC Takes Care of their Workers"

Current Employee - Clinical Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at CHOC Children's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay differential Care for employees

Cons

Healthcare plans are not the greatest

CHOC Children's2019-11-01
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get support with working on new and innovative way of performing my job and see that management is open for resources to move around and find better fit.

Cons

Salaries are lower than the market.

CHOC Children's2019-10-18
  4. "Review"

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time

Pros

Great benefits, fun atmosphere and culture, meaningful and purpose/mission-driven organization.

Cons

Bonus structure isn't modern, pay isn't great, developmental opportunities are not really available if you aren't in management or clinical area.

CHOC Children's2019-10-16
  5. "Best organization I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Human Resourcees in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time

Pros

Everyone genuinely cares about one another and everyone believes in our mission and vision. Our leaders are invested and committed to supporting our growth within the organization. You feel heard and cared for. You are given the support you need, you just need to ask for it. Everyone is just nice! I thought it would wear off but it doesn't - no one yells or raises their voice. They value communication and respect so... the interactions I have with everyone are always professional and pleasant. This is something that I am not used to from working at other organization so I don't take it for granted. CHOC spoils us with tons of training and education opportunities.

Cons

There is always opportunity for improvement. Honestly, the only con I can think of is the coffee - we don't have enough of it. Work/Life balance could be better, but that's a personal decision because I love working for CHOC and sometimes forget to balance my personal life.

CHOC Children's2019-10-15
  6. "CHOC is mission driven, providing great care for kids and associates!"

Current Employee - Director in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At CHOC our mission & values are front and center! We don't lose sight of who we are and what our potential is. To that end, CHOC recognizes how challenging the healthcare environment can be and is dedicated to taking care of their associates with enhanced benefits, education and wellness programs. CHOC really engages the right people at the right times, so exciting that we are including all levels of... associates, leaders, physicians, patients & families in our growth plans. CHOC is dedicated to helping associates develop to their full potential. CHOC's growing - we aren't just a hospital anymore! The opportunities to expand and develop your career far beyond a traditional hospital environment.

Cons

CHOC's growing. Sometimes ensuring that everyone is moving in the same direction can be hard. But this is something that CHOC remains focused on. It may not always be perfect, but CHOC is striving to stay the course.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the future plans and actively engage associates in participating in the vision for the future.

CHOC Children's2019-10-15
  7. "Awesome Culture and Strong CEO"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CHOC has a great culture and is a wonderful place to work. People are friendly and open to new employees both in clinical and non clinical areas.

Cons

So many worthy things to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and moving the organization forward.

CHOC Children's2019-10-15
  8. "Great Mission. Great people."

Current Employee - Director in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for less than a year

Pros

What a company! A very focused, mission-driven organization that is squarely committed to nurturing, advancing and protecting the heal and well-being of children. The leadership is not unreasonable. If you provide a solid business case, using data to support a business-driven decision, chances are they respect your recommendations. I feel valued and that my contributions matter. Good benefits, that continue to grow... to meet associate’s needs. I really enjoy my coworkers and my manager continues to provide helpful coaching and feedback – which I appreciate!

Cons

The vision for CHOC and its growth is AWESOME. However, decisions are not made lightly and therefore, seem to take a long time to enact.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open and going in both directions. I am excited for CHOC's future and glad to be a part of it.

CHOC Children's2019-10-01

"Rewarding job, mission-driven organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the mission, it's very rewarding working for a pediatric health system. There have been a lot of positive changes and organizational growth over the past few years, a lot more expansion coming. Career development is encouraged, usually easy to move up. Pay and benefits are competitive, free parking. I'm grateful they paid for a large portion of my advanced degree. Lots of autonomy and options to sit on... committees/work on special projects. Challenging work, co-workers can rely on each other for help. Innovative organization that promotes growth and development.

Cons

Growing rapidly, additional resources provided but hard for them to keep up with all required to support growth. Space capacity is an issue in a few areas but they have been working on acquiring more space.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing employees to be a part of decision-making, monitor workloads and keep providing additional resources as appropriate.

CHOC Children's2019-09-16
  10. "Mission Driven Organization"

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mission driven organization that is committed to investing in its employees. Great benefits - company recently enhanced their education reimbursement program which fosters an environment of learning and development! Leadership is supportive and transparent.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

CHOC Children's2019-09-16