CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Nov 22, 2019

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 13 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate aka "Appointment Setter.""

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Decent work environment *Some of the staff is great, others are extremely snarky *Upper level/Senior management were great to work with and knowledgeable in their respected fields.

Cons

*The "sales associate" is a glorified appointment setter. In the 7 months I worked there the turn over was insane and not a single "entry level" appointment setter moved up in the company. *Some of the mid-level account sales managers want to do nothing but cherry pick, often getting upset when there's a "small" business in front of them. *Pay isn't that great. *Commute was ridiculous *Parking availability and... costs are insane

Advice to Management

Hire at "at home" appointment setting workforce to eliminate the drive time, parking costs, office space for the minimum wage entry level. You will get so more production out of them for less cost and it will allow you to really take those what come to the company with established sales backgrounds to put them to work in a rewarding position they'll thrive in rather than grunt work.

CGI Communications2019-11-22
  2. "Amazing Company (if you perform well)"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Program Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love CGI and everything they stand for as a company. Granted, I was only there for a month before being let go, but during that month I got a generally good feel as to why there is still so many people who get the job and keep the job. Yes, this was a sales job, but there was absolutely no stereotypical scummy-ness to it. The product(s) you're pitching are backed by local governments and CGI nearly... feeds you almostttttt every word to say during your pitch to the clients which makes it all really easy to stand behind, which is awesome when you're in sales.

Cons

While I do not think there are any skeletons in the closet per se, I do think that CGI does a pretty good job of disguising the fact that if you're not performing, you'll be cut loose, quick. I was only there a month and ten days (per this review) but long story short, I was not performing as quickly as some other new hires and I was given a verbal warning and then terminated a week later. You're job in sales at CGI... is still a sales job, yes, but during training it was said that we have essentially three months to get acclimated to the job before they consider firing you based off your numbers.

Advice to Management

I feel like everyone at CGI is generally pretty transparent, but maybe my piece of advice would be to be a weeee bit more understanding to the new hires. Like I said, my numbers were pretty down, but I had only been there a month and did not have much time to prove that they could be improved. There's no hard feelings, I will still recommend CGI to all who ask me about it. Just wish things would not have ended so... abruptly.

CGI Communications2019-10-25
  3. "Super Generous and Thoughtful Company"

Current Employee - Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life, culture, management, ownership, schedules, clients, fulfillment

Cons

Some of the offices are really cold, and the elevators

Advice to Management

Do not change a thing accept add more of you!

CGI Communications2019-09-19
  4. "Decent"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to learn about a ton of different industries (since you sell to everyone), young culture

Cons

Heavy Turnover, very low commissions, pointless meetings, endless cold calling

Advice to Management

Pay higher commissions to sales associates

CGI Communications2019-08-28
  5. "I already miss my CGI family"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at CGI for over a year. While the job was difficult, I found that when I asked for help, I was given it. I was also recognized for reaching out and trying to better myself. I will say this about CGI, you get out of it, what you put into it. I learned a lot here at CGI, and I owe a lot to the people I worked with. If you're willing to work hard, and play hard, CGI is the company for you. I left for a better... opportunity that I could not pass up, but I would reapply with CG in a heartbeat.

Cons

Sometimes you do have to take time and work for yourself. Whether it's flipping your own leads, or role-playing on your own, you have to take time out and figure out what works and what doesn't if you want to be successful here.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is that when an employee reaches out and informs you that they are struggling, take them seriously. Sometimes, it is not their fault they aren't doing well, sometimes they just need a better situation.

CGI Communications2019-07-03
  6. "I recommend CGI."

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I left CGI to pursue another opportunity for personal reasons. It was maybe the hardest decision I made in life to date. I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months. CGI teaches you everything and demands only the best (which is how it should be). The management team is top notch and they are all extremely approachable. Being an employee here will mold you into the best you can be. CGI... does bring out the best in you, but only if you want it. Sales demands discipline, effort, and patience. Do not join CGI because you think the culture looks fun. Join CGI to develop yourself long term! There is not a single bad thing about this company. You become a part of a family and you will learn everything you will need to know for a career in sales. Without CGI I would not be who I am today. Valuable pros: - if you’re an executive, travel is a perk - associates and executives get insight on every state in America, how the people are, the cultures, etc. - access to management and employees who know their stuff

Cons

Advertising sales is demanding, fast paced, and its not easy. If you’re looking for an easy career you shouldn’t pick sales. If you’re not making more dials than the rest of the associates you will certainly fall behind in the skill set you need to become of value. If you join CGI, try to become a person of value to the company then you will reap the most rewards from the experience. Make sure to ask good questions... in the interviews and research advertising sales before joining the company. Although the classification of sales at CGI is advertising, the community partnerships are a significant differentiator. The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination. Lastly, if you do think you’re cut out for sales and advertising - I urge you to join CGI. Because of the partnerships, the opportunity is better than any other in the same industry throughout the United States.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything CGI!

CGI Communications2019-06-09
  7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible place to work

Cons

No cons everything is great

CGI Communications2019-06-05

"You'll want to pull your hair out."

Current Employee - Program Coordinator

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

You can travel. The CEO is a great guy. Great co-workers. Pretty okay training (they hype it up to be the best thing ever)

Cons

Benefits, base pay is low. No overtime so if you do work overtime you have to clock out and still get your work done... not okay.

Advice to Management

This is a cold calling job & it was very sugar coated that it was "warm calling". You drive hard working employees away in this this entry position & there is a high turn over for a reason. The excuse "it's not for everyone" isn't a good excuse to constantly scare people. This position is very important to the company and there is alot of stress and pressure already on them for little pay.

9. "Decent Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the team I was working on. They were a hardworking bunch of people and it was a pleasure to be with them everyday. I enjoyed y clients and was always excited to deliver successful results for them. Management was very generous with company parties, monthly lunches, and fun surprises.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like it was a little too much play at the office overall instead of work. The business wasn't a good fit for myself, but doesn't mean it is a bad company overall.

10. "Great starting job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and people.

Cons

Growth is scarce. And requires travel

CGI Communications2019-05-21