CCC Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 19 Jan 2020

3.4
CCC Information Services Chairman, President, and CEO Githesh Ramamurthy
Githesh Ramamurthy
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and the company is constantly holding social activities for their employees(in 23 reviews)

• "Good pay, pay for performance, career development, interesting work(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management has unrealistic expectations and has been in the position way too long(in 12 reviews)

• "CSM on-boarding is poor and gives no direction to our daily objectives and overall goal in the role(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great People and Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment with friendly and helpful developers and management

Cons

Not many I can think of at this point.

CCC Information Services2020-01-14

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get paid. That’s all.

Cons

Only work here if you are completely desperate and have no other options. List of problems: 1. For a software company, they are very behind when it comes to technology. 2. Not all departments get to work from home. 3. The health benefits are costly and confusing. 4. Management is stuck in a very old school way of thinking. They will pretend they care what you think but they really don’t. This is not a progressive company. 5. No free snacks as well as no silverware or plates. 6. Departments are siloed as well as even within certain departments. 7. HR will pretend to care that some employees have issues with their department and/or company as whole, but they truly don’t care. 8. Lack of transparency. 9. Onboarding was terrible. Maybe it’s changed over the years since I started but I’ve heard from some new hires that it’s still pretty bad. 10. Management doesn’t take any ownership over problems with the company and certain departments. 11. Company is incredibly cheap. 12. Company is run like it’s the 1980s. They need to go with the times but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

CCC Information Services2020-01-19

"Disgusting management practices, toxic, acerbic, disrespectful work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous (Worked for A Vital Team) in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The location maybe? Merchandise Mart is a great work location in the middle of lovely Chicago downtown. But that's about it for Pros.

Cons

Way too many! 1. First rung of managers is the absolute worst. They engage in slander, gossip and spread baseless rumors amongst their peers. They also vilify their underlings among fellow teammates. 2. Loyalty to manager in terms of accepting that they are the absolute overlords is preferred to professionalism and hard work. Being able to please them lords will get you promotions and not the quality of work or the hours you put in. The better you suck-up the quicker you climb up the ladder. 3. Real talent, skill, domain specialization is never respected. Everyone should apparently mix up each other's work irrespective of individual strengths and skillset. People with zero domain knowledge end up becoming managers of pseudo research teams simply because they were the cheapest replacement available to a talented employee who quit in utter disgust. 4. The attrition rate is through the roof since this company only rewards kowtowing, subservient folks. In summary: No self-respecting talented employee would remain here for long. 5. Compensation is not only not at par with the industry but is also decided by how and when you joined the company irrespective of your skill level. It also varies across teams even at the same level of the hierarchy. 6. Hierarchical company of the worst kind. You need the blessings of your manager, their manager and the dark lord above to even get office supplies and a damn monitor or IT repair. 7. Preferential treatment meted out to subservient folks who are rewarded with travel to conferences that seldom add any value to the team and end up becoming excursions at company expense. 8. Undervalued, under-appreciated and no-credit for your work. In fact, your work is stolen from you right under your nose with not even a mention of your contributions. 9. Managers have zero resource allocation skills. Wont even allot sufficient resources to help you get your job done. The blame will then, however, be placed on you squarely for failing to deliver a task which doesn't even fall within your skill-set. Zero understanding of core-competencies. 10. Nitpicking and micro-management are the hallmark traits of a successful manager here. 11. Managers are outright abusive and even exercise workplace harassment with pleasure, threatening to fire people for no apparent reason and with no official notice, simply because they felt like exploiting your immigration situation. 12. You are expected to work at the whims of your manager with utter disregard for your personal time off or company holidays. Apparently you are just their personal property to use as they please. 13. The year-end feedback system is defunct. In fact, it could be used as a tool against you and is just a way for them to identify dissenting employees. There is zero value for opinion. 14. The managers will doubt your abilities and will go to lengths to convince you that you suck so that they can feel superior to you. 15. Repeated requests for projects relevant to your skill sets will get turned down and you will be allocated projects that set you up for failure intentionally so they can fire you for incompetence. 16. They will go to any lengths to hide the defects in their results/models, even so far as to engage in unethical practices, such as asking you to avoid mentioning defects that you discovered, while they keep operating with faulty models/data. 17. Managers are often clueless of the details and just want to pursue something that sounds cool with no idea of how to successfully get there (for eg DL/AI/CV)

CCC Information Services2020-01-09

CCC Information Services Response

January 10, 2020CCC Human Resources

While we are sorry to hear of your specific experience, we feel strongly that it is inconsistent with the vast majority of CCC employees. We are proud to have built an organization that is highly engaged that is reflected by our low attrition. CCC has an industry-recognized leadership team and we’ve been identified regularly as a “best place to work” by sources such as Forbes and Built-in Chicago. While we recognize there is always room for improvement, we are proud of our organization, leadership, and culture, and don’t feel that your experience is an accurate depiction of life as CCC employee.

Continue reading
  4. "Very innovative company"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation and good co-workers.

Cons

Some days are boring and they tend to bring in outside people for senior management job openings rather than grooming internal employees for advancement.

"Software Engineer Intern"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I coded was actually used and made it into production.

Cons

Felt under valued and felt that I wasn't important as the rest of the team.

CCC Information Services2019-12-07

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working at CCC for 5 years now. A few of the pros that have kept me here have been the pay, benefits, work/life balance, staff and environment. My direct managers/supervisors have always made sure to assist me in my development. Providing me with the proper resources to advance my career. If you come to work and work hard while you are here you are rewarded with opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

Parking Downtown gets expensive and is a hassle

CCC Information Services2019-11-06

"Cheap Company, Needs Leadership Refresh"

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Location of the Chicago office

Cons

Underpays back office staff while overpaying unqualified leaders who don’t know what they’re doing in the current industry climate. Many leaders refuse to take input from younger members of the company who have fresh ideas and actual experience in a variety of fields. Also, beware of HR. They will side with long-time managers over lower level staff, just to keep the peace with those who have power (the office politics are toxic and it’s sad how much fun management has abusing their power). There’s a severe lack of employee engagement and anytime management decides to give back to employees, it’s always very cheap and is treated like a hassle on upper management (because it affects their bonus).

"Both good and bad"

Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues are very nice overall

Cons

A few people are reluctant to learn new technology

CCC Information Services2019-11-04
  9. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Valuations in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very respectful of employees, they understand how to treat people in order to get them to want to do a great job and stay with the company. Everyone from the bottom tier to the top tier of the company are friendly and helpful. It's a breath of fresh air to experience the CEO, vice president, and the rest of the management to treat regular employees like equals.

Cons

There have been times where there has been a lack of communication which is frustrating for everyone involved.

CCC Information Services2019-10-16

"Poor Management. Afraid to make decisions"

Current Employee - IT Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great location, good office space. Good money and benefits.

Cons

Management fails to prioritize work and too much is being worked on at once and nothing gets completed.

CCC Information Services2019-10-22

CCC Information Services Response

November 4, 2019CCC Human Resources

Thank you for your sharing your feedback. It’s great to know you are satisfied with location and office space. We are proud of our presence in downtown Chicago. It’s also rewarding to you find your compensation and benefits package a “pro” of working at CCC, as we strive to offer a competitive package. Regarding your comments on prioritizing work and workload, I encourage you to come chat with me or another member of our HR team so we can better understand your experiences and explore solutions. We are always looking for ways to improve and hope that we can learn more about your experience to grow together as an organization.

Found 221 reviews