Brandwatch Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Brandwatch Reviews

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.8
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 18 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "salary is below average in the UK (Brighton is quite expensive)(in 10 reviews)

• "All in all, compared to other companies with similar success stories, Brandwatch has done a good job at keeping these growing pains to a minimum(in 6 reviews)

1. "Average"

Current Employee - Academic Editor in Mumbai

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Would rate this as Average

Cons

Work-life balance could be improved

Advice to Management

Na

Brandwatch2019-11-15
  2. "Lost Opportunity"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workplace Culture, Awesome People, collaborative office space, flexible work/life balance, work from home

Cons

Poor middle management. Lack of double loop thinking

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas. Implement Double loop thinking and think about how each decision can impact an employee and customer.

Brandwatch2019-10-23

"Brighton brandwatch"

Current Employee - Brandwatch Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brandwatch is a great company that do a lot for their staff. Not only is the company pushing forward in its industry but the staff culture is too. Although the office is not the modern hub it used to be it remains a nice environment and place to be. Colleagues are nice although there is no community atmosphere. All in all a nice place to work.

Cons

The main con is the hours: 8.30 - 5.30. Whilst this isn’t a lot longer than other work places it does tire the work force. You can see this by the procrastination of staff as they feel the longs days and come Friday the office is slow and empty. A normal 9-5.30 would not only energise the team but hell this of us with kids or a commute. The offices are cold and quiet. I think a refer should be thought about to... encourage a stronger work force.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff. The long days are noticeably deconstructive. The pay isn’t on level with industry comparisons but that’s how it is. All in all I would suggesting in listening to the staff to see what would drive productivity. The socials are for the incrowd and don’t do much for the wider staff.

Brandwatch2019-08-13
  4. "One of the best jobs I ever had!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time here! The culture, the people and the tool really made it an incredible place to work.

Cons

There was not the opportunity to grow or at least not as quickly as I would have expected from a tech company.

Brandwatch2019-07-11

"Back to High School"

Former Employee - Sales in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great talk when it comes to culture, lovely laptop, really lovely massages, juices and the pay is not bad at all. It's a great product very visually pleasing and very useful insights. Their dev team are second to none, always launching great, Customer led new features

Cons

Cliques all over the place. it's a very uncomfortable place to work. people are fairly closed off, there seems to be this weird pretension around being edgy and cool. If you're not in with the right people life is more difficult. I personally always felt like an outsider. The office is oddly quiet, people will leave their desks to make a call, which isn't too helpful when you're learning and makes for a... really weird and seemingly unproductive office space. I joined as the merger was taking place and it was not a good experience, there were a lot of long serving team members chopped, but the merging partner Crimson seemed to have it far worse. No reassurances or direction were given, just a resounding "we don't know what's going on or what's going to happen" which basically says to me that the leaders are not leading. Giles has to be the least inspiring CEO and speaker, almost laughable. He doesn't really give the impression of caring too much about the business anymore. He seems to try and swear a lot in the understanding that this is cool but really it's super awkward. Overall I felt very isolated, not as if I was a part of something.

Advice to Management

I don't know what you could with the culture at this point. The product is great though and I'm sure it'll be amazing when merged with Crimsons platform.

Brandwatch2019-07-05
  6. "Great place"

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great culture etc...

Cons

Pay was a little low.

Brandwatch2019-05-14
  7. "5 years in and, on balance, still really good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Lovely office; good people; challenging and fulfilling workload; flexibility; food; social options.

Cons

Lack of atmosphere when so many people are WFH; hard to attract and retain infrastructure engineers; recent merger, although healthy, has resulted in many staff changes and been unsettling

Brandwatch2019-04-26

"Great place to work!"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Great place to work with some amazing people.

Cons

Likes to be thought of as progressive, but it's disappointingly skewed in favour of white middle class men.

Advice to Management

Drop the creepy guru.

Brandwatch2019-04-24

"I never should have left."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brandwatch is a wonderful bubble you don't realise you're in until you leave. It's full of exciting opportunities, and everyone is absolutely on top of their game and striving to be better which in turns encourages you to be the best at what you do. Yes you work hard and smart, but there's no micro management (there simply isn't the time) and you're often empowered to go and run with an idea. everyone has great... levels of autonomy. The people are incredible, like a breed you don't find anywhere else and they genuinely care about each other. There's some amazing socials, parties, free fruit, drinks, fooseball, all the things you'd expect to see in a Brighton based start up. In hindsight, I should've looked for opportunity within the business, because they are there, you just need to find them.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the day to day but it's essential you identify that and share any frustrations early on, people will listen. ake it clear early on what your ambitions and goals are. It really is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, listen to all levels of staff, not just those at the top.

Brandwatch2019-02-28
  10. "Awesome people, management could be improved"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun environment - Great office - Awesome product

Cons

- Do not expect a high salary - Some managers don't know what they are doing. - You will fill in tons of survey but you are not listened to.

Advice to Management

Listen to the quiet ones.

Brandwatch2019-03-13