Find jobs for Account Manager

Brandwatch Account Manager Reviews

Updated 30 Jul 2020

4.2
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
  1. "Great Progression"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good career progression potential

Cons

Some very senior staff out of touch with the roles they manage & make decisions on behalf of.

2. "Great technology, but still figuring out the logistics."

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology suite, flexible WFH and time off policies, great team of people there.

Cons

Teams don't work the best together, often felt siloed. Change in internal strategy at what seems like the drop of a hat with little to no transparency on decision making. Tools given to us by our managers often don't help workflow (i.e. Salesforce). Brandwatch suite is about 12-18 months away from completion.

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication, industry-leading product, inspiring executive team and a culture of responsibility expected of their employees.

Cons

Tough space to routinely hit quota. Social media space is rapidly changing and it will be interesting to see how it plays out with their partners. The typical buyer is very immature when it comes to buying enterprise software so sales cycles can be long with lots of starts and stops. As a seller its hard to forecast opportunities and get prospects to commit to close plans.

Continue reading

"Forward-thinking, flexible & fun"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Inclusive environment Multicultural Challenging Rewarding Excellent perks (table tennis, fusball, drinks, events, parties, spontaneous rewards and activities) Work life balance is on point Perfect location - most historic, beautiful part of Brighton and close enough to the coast for lunch-time sea swimming club in the summer

Cons

American counterparts can sometimes feel segregated but the management do their best to ensure they are included in all launches/events/social activities

"Avoid this place"

1.0
    Account Manager

I worked at Brandwatch

Pros

They have nice looking offices in the middle of Brighton. Good for having a little mooch around on Lunch. Vibrant individuals in neighbouring Jelly Fish, nice people.

Cons

I have to be honest, it's a huge delusion. I felt intially that my work was of value then I realised that the value the software gives to companies is actually very low and that it is sold wholly on a concept rather than any tangible gain. It's a vanity project where companies are able to use the 'technology' the view through a rose tinted lens what the mundane masses think about them. It's paranoia sold as a commodity, i'm not joking. The price they sell their platform, to massive budget munchers such as Samsung, is hilarious. Return on investment is not the aim of the game. Ok, if you can fool them into thinking that you are a blue sky thinker and ride them for every boolean they're worth put on your snorkle and force yourself into corporate brown town because that's really where you're going. I hate to sound like a disgruntled employee because some people were really sweet however this is a ship heading into the lighthouse with no anchor, on one hand blinded by the lights but with also only an explosive ending awaiting them when they realise they have no anchor. The first one's to desert the sinking ship will be the rats (i.e. the investors). Thanks for reading.

Continue reading

"absolutely love it here! the work is fulfilling, and moral and company culture is unlike any other job i've been at."

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

family-like atmosphere, great tool/technology, genius staff and developers

Cons

bagel fridays make it really hard to stick to a diet

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews