Beat Athens Reviews

Updated 22 Apr 2021

3.5
Beat CEO Marc Berg (no image)
Marc Berg
  1. "Excellent workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great headquarters, friendly environment, excellent work/life balance

Cons

LatAm Operations. You can use what you produce.

2. "University Internship in People Experience team (HR) based in Greece"

Current Intern - People Experience Intern in Athens
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Beat for less than a year

Pros

The best part of my experience was the team. I felt that somebody had my back anytime and I always had the help I wanted. I also gained a lot of experience in this 3-month internship due to the projects I got involved in.

Cons

First of all, for a person who had their first work experience related to their studies the main disadvantage was Work From Home. Other than that there weren't serious disadvantages, maybe sometimes some things took a little more time than usual or people took more time to do things.

"Beat used to be great"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Athens

I worked at Beat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good Salary and Benefits, - Friendly Culture & Great People (soon to dissapear) - Big potential in tools for upgrading your skillset and knowledge

Cons

- Not all hard-workers are rewarded - Promotions are decided based on perception rather than performance. - No actual transparency as the SMT claims, please if you are not transparent just don’t claim that you are, its a shame. - People leave the company for many reasons, but Beat claims its because of low performance and that they were B players. Well that is not true in all cases and it is such a pity to not care or make counter offers in order to keep the people who have invested time and experience for this company. First of all that is not a good strategy but a disrespectful attitude towards your valuable assets, not the ones who leave but more importantly to the ones who stay. - In some departments people work on weekends, and extra hours, that shows that the daily work and management is insufficient during the normal working hours. Especially when a company has reached a multinational scale and claims to be one of the best. Sorry not true. - Quickly moved from a small start up size company to a mid-sized company which means that some of the processes are not perfectly streamlined yet. - Environment & treatment: Unbelievably toxic - People are treated with disrespect in the name of "ruthless execution" (actually one of the official values of the company). - Roles/titles/seniority: roles and responsibilities are not clear. There is no consistency in titles and seniority vs experience. - Firing Process is claimed to be due to low performance, but it has been due to personal matters by Managers and financial dificulties of the company who would not admit that fires people only because their salary is higher than others. -Having some departments doing the job of other sectors just because their management is poor.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - TA - Recruiter in Athens

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Learning environment, opportunities to grow professionally - Careful hiring: Employees are down to earth, team players and with great academic & professional background - Multinational environment -Budget for training

Cons

- Company recently faced hardships in keeping its talents

"Ambitious, High Upside, Be Comfortable with Change"

Current Employee - Growth in Athens

I have been working at Beat full-time

Pros

Beat's ability to pivot, take risks, and truly strive to meet a high bar is catching up with the company's ambition and the agility needed to survive in the industry's most challenging times. This transformation and change in growth trajectory is a unique period in any company's story. Builders are being supported and exposed to greater opportunities. Seeking comfort and consistency is not how one capitalizes on the experience here.

Cons

Is the senior management team a comprehensively stacked team? Not necessarily. Is there movement in the right direction? Sure. Accessible for healthy debate? Certainly. Need additional investment in getting the right people either trained and/or simply placed into the appropriate people management roles. Let's complement said investment with highly experienced experts to fill a relative void in middle management and senior individual contributors. This will motivate and properly engage young rising stars while allowing senior leadership to set and communicate strategy in a way that resonates and inspires. We used to make up for tech with raw manpower. The transition in the other direction will be unsettling for some. It'll also place strain on a lean but theoretically your most valuable team, a transition that needs to be carefully managed.

"Not what it used to be"

2.0
    Former Employee - Backend Developer in Athens

I worked at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Some great people still work there (although most have jumped ship)

Cons

Horrible Management Messy stack (you have no idea... I hope you like pasta) There's an attitude of "Let's move fast!". Good-for-now code is rewarded, refactoring is almost a taboo word. This is a company that went without a CTO for a full year. Non-technical people drive this ship.. One day I asked the CEO how come our core values mention "Strive for Quality" when management clearly doesn't care (it's all about "ruthless execution"..). The response I got was "Yes, we need to update our core values..". No joke!

Continue reading

"Keep up the transformation in SMT level and HR processes"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Athens
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cutting edge technologies to work with and learn. Good engineering mindset. Very helpful colleagues. Gradually bringing back the trust to the Senior Management Team (it was lost with the previous CEO Nikos Drandakis due to his mistakes in people management). Hint: Current CEO is Marc Berg.

Cons

Nothing particular at the moment

Continue reading
  8. "Amazing people to work with"

Former Employee - Frontend Engineer in Athens

I worked at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people especially in the Greek Market team

Cons

There weren't any cons as far as I know

9. "One of the best employers to work as an intern"

Current Intern - BI Analyst Intern in Athens

I have been working at Beat for less than a year

Pros

The guidance for my internship position was the best possible. Moreover, the company is extremely decent as far as the benefits and compensation are concerned. They also are very willing to hire new people in order to train them appropriately and make them competitive employees.

Cons

Lack of documentation of processes

10. COVID-19

"Great company for a software engineer"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in Athens

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people - I've experienced great growth in my skills - Used state of the art technologies - Any feedback is being taken seriously - Hiring high quality engineers

Cons

The company got hit by covid and some engineers left, i feel that it is recovering rapidly. I think that if no new hires are been made, it will face a bus factor issue.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews