Bain & Company "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Bain & Company Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 22 Dec 2019

4.6
Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Partner Manny Maceda
Manny Maceda
Pros
  • "Great people & team: A Bainie never lets another Bainie fail(in 191 reviews)

• "The firm's culture is one of constant learning - feedback sessions on my professional development occur 4-6 times a month with people of all tenures(in 182 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours at time unfortunately(in 451 reviews)

• "Loss of work life balance, despite "Thriving at Bain" framework(in 392 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work and start a career; incredible culture with great people

Cons

Lacking a mission or purpose at times

Bain & Company2019-12-23
  2. "Bain - Excellent"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun Great people and social activities Interesting work Learning opportunities International training Great pay and benefits

Cons

Unpredictable hours Can be stressful at times

Bain & Company2019-12-08
  3. "Amazing place to have a career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people. Investment in growth. Amazing client roster and exciting projects.

Cons

The work can be demanding. Fortunately, everyone is invested in each other's success, though.

Bain & Company2019-09-20
  4. "Consulting support staff Manager"

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- You work with great people - Great team culture - Work hard and play hard

Cons

- Consulting support staff development and progression has room for improvement - Work / life balance can be hard

Bain & Company2019-09-20
  5. "4 year Bainie in Dubai"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dubai

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The consulting experience is probably the single greatest business-world crash course you could hope for in life. I came to Bain straight out of university, so I feel myself having been modled into the consultant mindset early. From strategy projects, to on-the-ground implementation, to developing the ability to master a subject matter quickly ("achieving expert status"), high-value communication, and even general organizational business experience getting perspectives in accounting, finance, ops, or sales. Overall I would say there is only pros from a career perspective for 2-4 years. Bain is renown amongst the big 3 for its culture, and I would have to say it has the best systems and people in the business. Its not like the others are bad, I think overall everyone has a high caliber workforce and great people, its just that Bain takes pride in making people the center of their employee experience, so they just take a bit more care for it systematically, and they look for the people "it" factor in their hires. I can't say that I've met any "bad" people though at McKinsey or BCG though. Compensation is great, benefits are great, the trainings are super valuable, and the miles/hotel points were all great perks. I made friends for life here to, so your peers tend to be really high caliber folks you will likely keep in touch with for the rest of your life. Its an intense period, and you spends loads of late nights and airport time together, so bonding with good people is key.

Cons

The one major con would be work life balance and working hard, but I honestly find that it helped me develop a much stronger work ethic in life. If you're willing to sacrifice, it will pay off in the long run. Culture is there at Bain worldwide, but the project quality and work culture really depends on your office. The Dubai office is governed by Dubai clients, which tend to be a lot of implementation projects. The main sectors are Gov, Oil&Gas, Banking, Telco, and some cool Retail or M&A projects sprinkled in. The internal culture in Dubai is probably not as strong as in other Bain offices, because the clients here can be extremely demanding and in need a high quality people to get work done, which often lands on the consultants/managers. I would say that in comparison to other Bain offices though, the Dubai consulting staff is generally more developed early on in their careers, so its a great "step up opportunity" for you to learn fast and gain lots of responsibilities early in your career. Don't be mistaken though, its definitely an intense, often frustrating, work life balance. Longer term projects are also common in Dubai, so less flexibility, and that breeds a bit more internal politics than one would like to get projects that you like. But playing the game is also valuable learning lesson for industry. Its been 4-5 years since my Bain days though, so all that may have changed at this point. I wouldn't take back my time there, I think its an excellent career launching pad. Senior management was a bit harsh and unrelatable in my time there. The good partners tend to already be booked out in terms of mentorship, so it was difficult to find a mentor you could really get behind, but once I did, I stuck with him and learned probably the most from him.

Bain & Company2019-09-01
  6. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some great people at the office

Cons

Some not so great people

Bain & Company2019-08-30
  7. "Great but intense"

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

Great people, interesting work with c level clients in the world's largest companies

Cons

Long hours, lot of travel. You have to give your life to Bain

Bain & Company2019-07-20

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great mentors, truly invested in employee growth

Cons

Work can be monotonous at times

Bain & Company2019-05-28
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Partner in Paris

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong culture, great people, great clients

Cons

Making the consulting way of life work is a marathon, not a sprint, true with Bain as with every other consulting firm

Bain & Company2019-05-27

"Good company with good intentions- but systemic issues"

Current Employee - Case Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities for the intellectually curious! Really great people to work with and depending on the office a great work environment. Lots of exit opportunities

Cons

Recruiting, hiring, staffing, ratings and promotions are all very subjective and ripe with unconscious bias and other systemic issues-- leading to a very white male partner team. They're working on it but slowly and quite frankly clearly aren't invested from a race and socioeconomic standpoint.

Continue reading
    Bain & Company2019-05-28

Bain & Company Response

May 29, 2019Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for writing a review. I’m glad to know you are experiencing a positive work environment and supportive colleagues. Diversity & inclusion continues to be a high priority for our firm, and we are deeply invested in addressing this in a number of ways, including identifying and mitigating bias in our key processes (recruiting, performance assessment, and promotions), embedding inclusive behaviors and norms at the firm, office and team level (including open dialogues around race), and investing specifically in closing our gap in under-represented populations (including via our formal affinity groups). Our firm leadership feels highly accountable for increasing the diversity of our team, particularly among our senior roles. Please feel free to reach out to me or to your local diversity champion to learn more.

Continue reading