BS Social Care Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

BS Social Care Reviews

Updated 26 Sep 2019

2.7
  1. "Once was a good company, but having second thoughts."

Current Employee - Support Worker in Runcorn, England

I have been working at BS Social Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible shifts, always paid on time.

Cons

Been working for BS for a couple of years now and have been reasonable ok through the past years with work with me picking up a lot of shifts with a certain company. But now the company has taken on more staff and my shifts are none existant. Bs (Liverpool branch) is aware of this and just say "we'll find you something else" and that's the last you hear from them. They dont seem to care or look after the good... workers anymore and the training seems none existant.

Advice to Management

Look after the good workers before you lose them.

BS Social Care2019-09-26
  2. "Recruitment.."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Liverpool, England

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, every day is different which keeps it interesting! Good team and good SMT.

Cons

Basic maternity package which is a worry!

Advice to Management

Look at perks that aren't just bonus and pay related.

BS Social Care2019-05-08
  3. "Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in London, England

I worked at BS Social Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Near to my home location

Cons

Unprofessional Director who played games with people to get what he wanted. Was I’ll equppied to do his job, had a lazy work ethic, dropped you if you didn’t agree with him and had many different personalities depending who he was talking to. Thankfully I hear has now left “to spend time with family”.

Advice to Management

Advice to Directors, carry out a fairer promotion system. Don’t just promote people according to who your BMs, ROMs and yourselves like, promote on ability and reputation at grass root level. Just because someone makes your life easier and they say yes to you that is not a good enough reason to promote someone.

BS Social Care2019-04-28
  4. "Hammersmith branch - a total joke"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

It’s no exaggeration when I say none. Such a negative experience.

Cons

Staff at Hammersmith were unorganised and used inappropriate language between each other in front of me and other agency workers, but the worst thing about this branch is trying to register with them. I’m a DBS checked, long standing worker in the social care industry with years of experience and qualifications. I wanted to work for BS social care while looking for a permanent role, but registering with them was a... nightmare and took forever after they took weeks between e-mails to get back to me. When I sent over what they needed, they responded weeks later and advised they needed other documentation. Not further evidence of what i’d sent, just other basic ID. Why they didn’t ask for it all in the beginning I don’t know. They are huge time wasters. Other problems ensued such as rudely advising me that when I had sent my documents over, I hadn’t attached anything, but I clearly had, they just hadn’t looked! Again careless, non observant approaches. Other times, I’d scan something over and they’d say it needed to be in different sizes, sent in different formats. After this terrible start, I thought I’d come into branch to avoid this online mess, but they had no evidence of any meeting being arranged despite me calling beforehand to book it with them. Documents given to me with my name on it were misspelt even though I have a straight forward British name and so on. After 6 weeks of nonsense, I gave up and thankfully I now have a permanent job with a wonderful professional employer elsewhere. What a disaster and disgrace of a company. People have lives and commitments and want to work, but this branch is nothing short of an incompetent joke. Awful.

Advice to Management

Hire people who want to do their job properly.

BS Social Care2018-10-14
  5. "Shocking!"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

Rewarding job, great clients, good experience

Cons

Never enough hours, they allow you to go days, even weeks without work, poor communication, lack of understanding, total disregard for workers, always seems to be new staff in the office.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you can't deliver, be a little more understanding when it comes to your worker's needs and be a bit more sensitive to the issues that were caused by yourselves in the first place, try returning calls and messages once in a while.

BS Social Care2018-08-23
  6. "could be better"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

great benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

rigid structure, no room for innovation, actively dismiss wider skill sets if its not your role, progression based on who you know not what you actually achieve, low basic salaries

Advice to Management

be a little more inclusive and reward more effectively

BS Social Care2018-05-24
  7. "Not good"

Former Freelancer - Support Worker Bank in Brighton, England

I worked at BS Social Care for less than a year

Pros

Clients in need can make you day. Sometimes challenging but really motivating and rewarding.

Cons

Office recruiters are generally quite rude. A lot of the times they make you pay for a DBS, around £60 and they don't even hire you after. It happened to a lot of people that were with me at the interview. Also, they are not really interested in your skills, as they purely follow your cv and your references. Didn't have a great experience, not recommended. (Especially the Brighton branch)

Advice to Management

Be kinder and listen to the people you are about to hire. DBS should be paid by you, not by the employees

BS Social Care2018-06-09
  8. "Overall a good company but there is definately space for improvement!"

Current Freelancer - Support Worker in Bristol, England

I have been working at BS Social Care for more than 3 years

Pros

people at the office are nice and friendly; very flexible; good amount of hours and some regular work if you are doing well

Cons

some last minute cancellations and occasional mistakes(e.g. double bookings or incorrect bookings); pay is not that great compared to some other companies esp. for night and weekend shifts

Advice to Management

Up your pay please! Try and keep the people in the office for longer(maybe there is too much stress working in the office?!) as having new people every couple of months can be very annoying as new people tend to make more mistakes. By the time you establish a good connection with someone,they have already left!

BS Social Care2018-02-20
  9. "Overall fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Temporaries Consultant

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues. They actually care about you and how your day is going. They want to train and develop you and I couldn't rate it more

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Carry on as you are! I love working for you

BS Social Care2017-07-27
  10. "Pros and cons"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Liverpool, England

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Create some amazing friendships with the people you get sent to, the staff are amazing and treat you like family not just as a worker.

Cons

Sometimes the pay isn't always right, I've been underpaid a few times now

Advice to Management

To listen to the staff who do the work by getting sent to the places requiring agencies

BS Social Care2017-07-09