BMC Software Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

BMC Software President and CEO Peter Leav
Peter Leav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can go for a toss, it depends on the function you are involved though" (in 44 reviews)

• "No cons as such that I could find" (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Employer I have ever had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BMC is a great company to work for. I love the flexibilty in my schedule and being able to work from home when needed. But in general I enjoy the office in Houston and the people, so I tend to work from there 3 days a week atleast. Its a beautiful facility. Bright, modern and full of amenities. Plus we have some gret activites on site for BMC Cares that help make the culture great while giving back to our community. Because we are a global company, I love being able to talk and work with folks from around the world, but also this helps me to flex my schedule when needed.

Cons

None! Fun place to work!

31 Jul 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

WOW! What a great review of BMC! We are so proud to hear that you are enjoying your #BMCLife! Thank you for these wonderful words and for taking the time to share your thoughts today.

2. "Great Freedom to do what I do best"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got a lot of freedom to try out things and approach my work as I see fit. I got a lot of support from peers and managers. Everybody is very approachable up to the highest Leaders. Straight forward and honest bonuses. If I am successful, I get what I am due and right away, not something maybe sometime later. Simple well supported admin, that takes out a lot of road blocks out of my way.

Cons

I have to be self sufficient, which is a double edged sword. There is a lot of Info out there, but I have to find much of it myself and ask for support. No place for people who like to get everything served bit size.

Advice to Management

Not much they can do better.

"Boat is sinking"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, good benefits, only a couple of real leaders in the Dublin office

Cons

The company keeps downsizing and attrition numbers are on the roof. You'll find a lot of managers who've worked in there during their entire career or many years, so they do not have any clue how to manage millennials or manage and treat people. Sales processes used invalid for a rename cloud company and lack of internal development

Advice to Management

If you want to be a top player in the market, you have to invest like such and get rid of legacy managers

"Bored"

Former Employee - BDR in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - BDR in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can get lunch, play hours of ping pong and drinks are free.

Cons

People are bored out of their heads. As managers are of course irish only they have no clue who people are calling. Mist reps make money due to claiming opps their in country account people actually get them. Managers peactically advice to do so. There's an old friends club there. Office is out of date and wants to go back to the eighties. Noone is talking. Its cold as ice and once you get over the oh vegas thing ppl are leaving. Never been so bored in my entire life. All that could be done remotely as noone is speaking to you anyway. Lunch is every week the same and ppl just want to leave.

Advice to Management

Advertise as remote jobs. You dont need to pay for all that as no new business will come. Stop the three boys one wiman club there.

"A Titanic...without the Orchestra."

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too much "American business movie" culture
    Good pay and bonuses...if you reach the targets...
    Good benefits, pension and health scheme
    Good canteen
    Cordiality
    Many really good people
    Not too much pressure
    Efficient IT support team in India when you open a ticket.

Cons

Titanic Mode On: the company is loosing talents, money, reputation...everything. It's sinking with no chances.
    A lot of lies in order to keep there the minimum people for the business and to save money: all the promises will be not respected at the end.
    Excuses, many.
    Management doesn't really exist.
    You worth just the money you produce, nothing more nothing less.
    No career progression at all: they will tell you about some "fake" promotions but new roles (Team leaders for example) are just created in order to stop the complaint of a couple of whiny agents, indeed the position are usually already assigned...
    A couple of bully narcissistic individuals believe to be great but fortunately the majority don't care of them professionally and personally.
    Some countries have their personal "Gang Club" of employees whom act out of rules and procedures: no tracking, no record, lack of transparency, politics and dirty games...a dirty mess in a nutshell.
    In country account managers believe to be Gordon Gekko...
    The management reflect the company, totally: no ideas, no clear vision, no retention, no initiative at all.
    They promise training in USA: a lot of excuses for months and then they let some agents to lead the training to the new hired...just imagine the result. So no US training.
    They promise yearly meeting in Vegas: excuses, money, excuses... So no Vegas for many employees.
    People fired with no notice, for costs cut.
    Ambiguity in the air. Rude behaviour of one leader who demand rooms, places, screaming at the one to one and rude in comments.
    Everything smell like outdated and old, some people too: it's a 40yrs old company ready to be "retired"...and acquired by KKR. We are speaking about business archeology.
    A garage office with the moquette with no heating for weeks during the winter.
    The company preserve the Hawaii club party only for the ones who acted the best unfair play during the fiscal year: how many people make unusual numbers it's still an unsolved mystery. Fixed opportunities are covered for convenience...
    Very bad relationships between different roles of the same countries. Discrimination, rumours, dishonesty, unprofessional comments, sexism during monthly meetings in video conference with all the regional account managers.
    Old laptops and hardware. Impossible to receive new material and tools. Cheap is mandatory.
    The company is falling and many many people left in the last two years...what a mess guys.
    HR and the management misled regarding the company and the career progression.
    We are leaving with no hesitation.

Advice to Management

No chance for the future I guess, maybe try to check inside the management and the dust hidden by each country director: you will find the real reason of numbers, pipeline and revenue.

Please don't reply with one of the standard sentences like in the previous comments: "...Thank you for taking the time to complete a review today. Your comments and feedback are appreciated and we will definitely consider them as we look to the future. "
    Silence is better.
    Remember: "cheap place, cheap people"

"Depends on role and Management."

Current Employee - Business Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Business Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pension plan, Insurance, parking and subsidised meals.

Cons

-I was lucky to work under great management since the time I started at BMC but I was able to witness other teams and the management in some of the teams was very poor.
    - Company strives to have a culture by throwing up a low-level party only at special occasions like Xmas, Halloween etc, but in general it's typical monotone day-to-day office life.
    - Very limited promotion opportunities

Advice to Management

This advise goes to Leaders and not the management. Leaders please make sure your management works along with employees "more like a friend & less like a manager". This way employees with turn into successful employees for the management and for the company in general.

13 Jul 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review today. Your comments and feedback are appreciated and we will definitely consider them as we look to the future. We are glad to hear that your... More

"Lead development representative"

Former Employee - Lead Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Lead Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, good salary, amazing management, free coffee tea and drinks, gym contribution, pension, healthcare,
    Excellent training

Cons

Hard career development, poor chances of changing department

Advice to Management

Before laying off people by department check their performances

13 Jul 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

Thank you for your time today. and for your 4-Star review of BMC. we appreciate that you took the time to provide us this feedback today. We are pleased that you enjoyed many of the things that... More

"Bring More Care"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent package, pension bonus health care

Cons

unrealistic targets, no development path, lacking direction education and support.

Advice to Management

Start to create a positive atmosphere, don't think you know best! Ask your staff for direction to gain trust with your staff. Please listen to your staff if you care!

13 Jul 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

Thank you fro your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations and will take your advice under consideration as we look to improve .

"Cool People - Getting Better"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here over a year and seen alot of good changes, some great people here too that have made me feel really welcome. Benefits are good and you can see more change on the horizon it just needs the right people to drive it

Cons

Office needs a revamp, need to put further development plans in place

Advice to Management

Management need to pay attention to whats going on around them

"Sales executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic sales process and some really fantastic people work there. World class products.

Cons

Horrible offices, no clear development plan for career within the company.

Advice to Management

Develop your people and have a clear career path for them to grow within the company