Axway "product management" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Axway Employee Reviews about "product management"

Updated 15 Oct 2017

3.9
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "All in all, the work life balance here is one of the best I have seen(in 15 reviews)

• "Really nice office environment with great people(in 14 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "product management"

Return to all Reviews

"Stunted Growth, Suspect Market Strategy, Limited Technology Vision"

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International company with very diverse workforce. Friendly and capable staff.

Cons

Avoid product management and product development. Nothing new coming in any year -- in the near term. Weak technical and product leadership. M&A efforts haven't made $'s in years with questionable market strategy . Recommend staying away -- future very uncertain. Not a 'grow your career' type of company.

Advice to Management

Take the company private -- allows you to more easily right size revenue, product strategy. Reshape company cost structure and focus on winner products - the rest can go.

Axway2017-10-15

"Stay Away!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sort of casual. The worker bees are good people overall.

Cons

Where do I start? The new CEO is worse than the old CEO. I didn't think that was possible. He is running the company into the ground and making bank for himself. Product management is clueless. Products are old and falling apart at the seams and there is no product roadmap in place, just deal with favorite customer fires. Hack in a special feature for them and wait until it messes up other customers with unforeseen side-effects. All the good people have left and the few that remain behind either are afraid to look for a new job because they have become obsolete like the products the've been maintaining or just don't care and hope to ride it out as long as they can. Senior management changes happen but they replace one bad French person for a worse French person. No opportunites for career growth. If you are a developer or tester, they will suck your talent dry and leave you obsolete, but more than likely they will not use your talent and make you work with old tech and you will become obsolete that way too.

Advice to Management

I have advice for management, but believe me they wouldn't listen anyway. For anyone reading I make the following subjective claim: Any positive reviews about this company on this site is probably a senior level person at Axway who is trying to make the company look better than it is by skewing the rankings. Nobody I know at that company is happy, intact most are pretty miserable.

Axway2017-05-10

"Software Engineer"

Software Architect in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Axway for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work life balance. You don't need too work long hours and you won't want to because you will have no motivation. Salaries are okay.

Cons

If you are not French you are nothing but dirt. You can never advance. Technology is antiquated. Product management is a total disaster. Complete idiots.

Advice to Management

Get out of our country and go back to France.

Axway2015-04-23

"Words of Wisdom"

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great technology that has a differentiator and is being continually improved upon Generally speaking - high quality people in US Operations US Management is working to create improved process, structure, and accountability throughout the organization Hiring quality people to replace those who have left

Cons

Products are not tightly integrated to truly represent a product suite High employee turnover - especially in the area of Professional Services - what does that tell you? Not that many happy customers primarily attributed to product integration issues - actively being addressed though French upper managment does not want to look at reality - i.e. areas they truly need to focus on such as R&D and Product Management to produce better QA'd products (new releases tend to break existing deployments)

Advice to Management

(1) Keep up the good work with building structure, process, and accountability at all levels. We are a sales driven company - not an R&D company. (2) Have stronger US presence for product development (R&D) (3) Fix the product suite integration issues (4) Pay our technical people more and don't mess with their bonuses!!! They deal with alot and are leaving Axway to make 25% more and deal with fewer product problems. They are underpaid and overworked. --IT COSTS AXWAY 4-5X MORE TO REPLACE A GOOD TECHNICAL EMPLOYEE VERSUS PAYING THEM FAIRLY -- 20% of 1 year's salary just for head hunter fees, 1 year of salary spent solely on training with little true production, lost opportunity costs as comnpetitors with fully trained staffs out maneuver us in deals. Word to French Management: Turn over the baton to US Management and let us run US Operations like a US company! Allow us to have significant influence in Product features, functionality and release dates. We know our customers and what they want.

Axway2015-01-05

"Slowly destroying the company..."

Former Employee - Corporate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Axway has made some great acquisitions and have some talented people still remaining.

Cons

Horrible product management and engineering is destroying the company. Many unsatisfied customers. Complete lack of innovation and incomplete product releases with poor quality.

Advice to Management

Overhaul product management

Axway2014-12-05