Axway "good people" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Axway Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 17 Oct 2019

3.9
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "All in all, the work life balance here is one of the best I have seen(in 15 reviews)

• "Really nice office environment with great people(in 14 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews

"Good people, great customers, coaching environment"

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, great customers, coaching environment

Cons

Some technologies need to be upgraded for some products

Advice to Management

Better financial compensation package

Axway2014-02-20

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Principal Project Manager

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Good People and culture. Good set of products. Good benefits. Nice working environment.

Cons

Teams are located in many geographical areas. Challenging to find suitable time to all.

Axway2019-10-17

"Sales - French leadership in US with unusual business practices. Sometimes toxic and struggling."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and some good people

Cons

This is not a good place for career minded growth people, it’s a job at best. Not a company of excellence

Advice to Management

If possible, bring in new blood who have worked at premier companies and understand what good business practices look like.

Axway2019-09-20
  4. "On-boarding New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Renewal Specialist I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

I've just recently started with Axway in February and the entire experience has been extremely organized, professional and very smoothly run. Since I've been here I've already met so many co-workers from other departments through some really fun social events that Axway has put on. My training program has been extremely helpful, structured and collaborative. I love the people and I've enjoyed being looped in by the management team regarding product launches, news within the company, etc. I definitely recommend Axway if you're interested in working for a good company with good people!

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment to be completely honest...maybe a little bit more detailed hands-on training on the products that the Renewals team works with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Axway2019-04-16

"Poor APAC structure"

Former Employee - Senior Presales in Sydney

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met some very good people across the globe

Cons

The APAC region reeks of negativity which pervasive across the region. The rot begins at the top and seeps below. There's an understated culture of cultural bigotry, greed and apathy which has the hallmarks of what this organization has come to represent.

Axway2018-11-21

"Poisonous atmosphere in Sofia"

Software Developer in Sofia

I worked at Axway for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable company with big clients.

Cons

Globally - no clear strategy and silos everywhere (consulting has no idea what products are doing, same thing for sales and every other department). Locally - the Q.A. man_agers are like guinea pigs - neither QA (or very poor skills), neither man_ager (skills are awful). Talking behind people's backs is a daily and think are great just because they spent 6-7-8y in the company . Intrigues and gossips constantly. The good people are seeing this and leaving ... no seniors are left, other experienced people are leaving too. Several managers left too that poisonous atmosphere .

Advice to Management

Locally - Get rid of the so-called QA management in Sofia ... ASAP ! Globally - draft a homogeneous strategy and implement it (it seems there's no such).

Axway2018-07-31

"Who's next after Ferrante?"

A New One Soon in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway for more than 3 years

Pros

A few good, solid core products out of many that aren't so successful. Change of sales management was over due, so Nick Ferrante leaving should be a plus and one less IBM/Sterling person in that large overgrown family.

Cons

Excessive hires from IBM/Sterling is akin to inbreeding and it's results - stymied new ideas and often went back to what IBM/Sterling did versus letting employees grow and contribute and see a path. some of those hires were so bad it chased good people out

Advice to Management

Bring in variety of newer and more contemporary ideas to market and sell Axway solutions or partner better. Sales are barely on plan and there is no windfall of leads leaving many thinking we can't keep up with the competition.

Axway2017-12-28

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible, nice team of good people Many things I have learned while employed Nice pay

Cons

Messy unstructured upper management Too many Team meetings (sometimes few a day) which prompts from doing your actual job

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of meetings Stop buying unnecessary expensive tools which are usually no use Think or advice from the professionals about more efficient way of managing data and any other workflows - before buying some glamorous tools here & there

Axway2017-07-19

"Stay Away!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sort of casual. The worker bees are good people overall.

Cons

Where do I start? The new CEO is worse than the old CEO. I didn't think that was possible. He is running the company into the ground and making bank for himself. Product management is clueless. Products are old and falling apart at the seams and there is no product roadmap in place, just deal with favorite customer fires. Hack in a special feature for them and wait until it messes up other customers with unforeseen side-effects. All the good people have left and the few that remain behind either are afraid to look for a new job because they have become obsolete like the products the've been maintaining or just don't care and hope to ride it out as long as they can. Senior management changes happen but they replace one bad French person for a worse French person. No opportunites for career growth. If you are a developer or tester, they will suck your talent dry and leave you obsolete, but more than likely they will not use your talent and make you work with old tech and you will become obsolete that way too.

Advice to Management

I have advice for management, but believe me they wouldn't listen anyway. For anyone reading I make the following subjective claim: Any positive reviews about this company on this site is probably a senior level person at Axway who is trying to make the company look better than it is by skewing the rankings. Nobody I know at that company is happy, intact most are pretty miserable.

Axway2017-05-10

"avoid it if you are loking for a career"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bucharest

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good peers, smart people, good location

Cons

bad management, no recognition, no bonus /incentives / no stock option, only responsibility increase bad place for career development. outdated products and technology in some areas some good people left niche sector

Advice to Management

wake up and check how successful companies are treating their employees.

Axway2017-03-30