Axway Employee Reviews about "axway"

Updated Oct 28, 2021

Found 27 of over 478 reviews

3.7
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "It provides the flexibility we all want for work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Really nice office environment with great people(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Axway is the largest tech company in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area that I've never head of before starting(in 27 reviews)

• "When this issue of pay disparity was raised to upper management and HR they responded by laughing(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "axway"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a good fit

Oct 28, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Axway is ruthless and pursues high turnover. The company mantra seems to be 'don't sweat the details'.

Cons

Axway reimburses expenses inconsistently and seemingly arbitrarily. My clients were not a good fit for Axway.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top tier tech company in Phoenix/Scottsdale!

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Manager of Business Development Reps in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Onboarding experience was absolutely fantastic. - The sales/marketing team are open to change and listen to thoughts/feedback of new employees for how they can do things differently to improve. - The Scottsdale headquarters is brand new and very large. Plenty of room for people once coming back into the office becomes more common. - The technology works! Axway has some of the best and marquee customer logos in extremely difficult industries to do business in because their technology works and is industry leading when it comes to security.

Cons

- Axway is the largest tech company in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area that I've never head of before starting. - Drink selection is on point but snacks is fairly limited in the Scottsdale headquarters. Grasping at straws to find a con, there aren't many.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bad for career, ok for work life balance

Apr 14, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would say there is a good work life balance within the teams I've been apart of. This is just luck depending on your manager. This place is comfortable and they leverage a lot of different technologies so you can probably find something interesting to work on.

Cons

The vision of the company is very fickle. Every quarter feels like a pivot or re-org. The compensation or pay is not very competitive. I can't recommend staying here long if you want to grow your net worth. Raises are barely over inflation. Bonuses are rarely over half of potential max. My recommendation is to join Axway if you need to come on a work visa (they are very internationally friendly). But you'll be doing your career a disservice by staying more than a couple years.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pays Women Less Than Men - Big Pay Disparity

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Direct peers were helpful during management transitions.

Cons

Axway pays women less than men even when they have the same qualifications and experience. When this issue of pay disparity was raised to upper management and HR they responded by laughing. Management and go-to-market strategies constantly change. Departments internally are siloed and do not engage to be in alignment towards assisting customers.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great diverse team

Jul 1, 2020 - Software Engineer I in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like I am working alongside highly skilled team players who have all been really incredible at teaching me and helping me to onboard to the stack at Axway. I feel like Axway really cares about their employees and I appreciate the transparency and open conversations about our products and about how our company will continue to operate throughout the coronavirus pandemic. Axway feels like a smaller company where your input is valued, but comes with the pay, benefits, and structure of a much larger company

Cons

The only frustrations that I have had so far at Axway have been related to my entire team being remote during the coronavirus pandemic, and remote working being a new dynamic for me and the other people on my team. I believe that everyone is adapting quickly though and doing the best that they can to transition to remote work as smoothly as possible.

6. 5.0

Great People, Clear Goals, and Healthy Work-Life Balance

Sep 20, 2019 - People & Culture
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Leadership has set very clear and transparent goals for the organization. There is a great deal of internal communication discussing everyone's contributions and celebrating wins both large and small. -Healthy culture of internal debate on key challenges, ideas, etc.. participation is encouraged and I get the sense that we all try to avoid having myopic perspectives. - The products are exciting and it's great to have peers who are passionate about their work and passionate about employee and customer success.

Cons

Nothing substantial - Axway operates in a highly competitive industry so change is constant and internal structure shifts regularly to meet the needs of the business. It can be tough to keep up with things but it's all communicated openly and Axway makes it easy to keep informed if you're willing to put in the effort.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent New Hire Experience, A Great Company!

Aug 19, 2019 - Account Executive in Johnson City, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Axway has provided an astounding number of resources to ensure my journey as a new hire is successful and encourages longevity. The most impressive part of this process has been the nuturing and encouraging support staff providing an exceptional level of patience and assistance. I have witnessed an unparalleled amount of professionism with my peers and leadership. My Manager did an excellent job of reconizing my skill set and experience and provided a relevant road map to success identifying example use cases and how to promote products to my key targets.

Cons

Upon introducing Axway to prospects, I'm finding that the company does not have a recognizable brand. When prospects visit the website, they don't have a good understanding of our products and services and tend to get overwhelmed.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company for whom to work

Feb 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is very positive. A lot of really talented people on staff. Very flexible environment where focus is more on productivity versus other noise.

Cons

A more cohesive internal direction with more clean internal process would be beneficial to long term success, but a lot of good opportunities in the market that Axway serves and generally heading down a positive path.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Axway HR Dept. is solid

Aug 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership in HR at PHX location is very good. The team is strong and works together very well. I have nothing but good things to say about this team.

Cons

Other area's of Axway do not work well together and need better leadership to attract and retain strong talent in a tight market.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

" A French Poodle racing against Greyhounds "

Mar 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to work for a company where executive leadership is completely inept and there is zero accountability, Axway is for you.

Cons

Products - the software has a lot of bugs and the upgrades, patches and hot fixes frequently do not fix the problem they were supposed to fix. I am convinced the company sends software to customers that hasn't even been tested. Portfolio consists of legacy products and new products that are 2nd tier and not competitive. Customer Support - Borders on poor to awful. Flawed products combined with under an under staffed support team creates a miserable customer experience. Marketing - Just doesn't get it. The messaging is very techno speak and very focused on Axway as opposed to value to the customer. Axway is very cheap and just won't spend money on Marketing. Also, Marketing and Sales are at odds as they point the finger at one another for declining sales. Sales - consistently comes in well below quota. The sales organization seems to be a very difficult place to work as very few reps make quota, the morale is very poor and it is difficult to get candidates to fill open positions.

13 people found this review helpful