Appirio Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

5.0
Appirio Global Business Head Erik Duffield
Erik Duffield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working in the cloud means exactly that, freedom to work from home is real not just a mantra as with some other companies" (in 42 reviews)

• "Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance while you are in a complex project" (in 20 reviews)

• "Senior Management makes a perspective about some AM or Managers that they will be working nice but the reality is different" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for - still happy after 3 years and an acquisition"

Current Employee - Senior Salesforce Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Salesforce Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined Appirio, I had been working at other consultancies and thought to myself that it will be the same type of thing, just with a different label. While cynical at first, the company has proved me wrong.

Firstly, the culture is fantastic. I have never worked at an organisation where there is so much trust. I've personally never been micromanaged and I have the choice to work at home or in the office. Though ultimately, we work where it will be best for our clients. The office itself is open plan and in a WeWork office in London. It's not stuffy, it's laid back and there are loads of perks like snacks and drinks, pub nights, pizza meetings and breakfasts.

Second is the tools. You are given the tools to work from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. The ease of connecting to the company systems is fantastic as all the company systems are cloud based. You get the choice of a new Macbook Pro or Dell laptop, screen for your home office and a phone (if needed). It's probably been the only company that I've worked at where I haven't received the cheapest option from the hardware supplier! Appirio also have great IT support - just create a ticket and it's all logged in Salesforce. Full transparency of where your request is and no having to wait on the end of a phone line listening to dodgy hold music.

Third is the knowledge sharing and support. I had previously worked at companies that had aspired to be at the level of knowledge sharing that Appirio is at. There are Centre of Excellence groups for various clouds and systems that you consult in or have an interest in. You can participate in these to receive help or offer help to other employees. These networks are worldwide as well, which is important so regional silos are not created. We have a library of re-usable assets so that we do not have recreate everything from scratch each time there is a new project. Then, there is a the fabulous discussions email group. Anyone can email this if they are seeking help and anyone from the newest graduate recruit, to an MVP or the CEO could respond!

Career wise, it was one of the best decisions I made. Appirio has given me the opportunity to grow my career, support to take all the certifications I want and work on lots of interesting projects.

Cons

It's not without the normal challenges that go with a consulting career. At times, you're expected to go above and beyond, work late nights or weekends to get things done. You need to be able to travel. You need to be able to travel at short notice too! But...this is a fairly common issue with any consulting or project-based type job.

If you see yourself as an "all-rounder" in terms of PM, technical and BA skills, it's a little hard to apply this within Appirio's method of working using the Appirio Way. The roles and responsibilities are very defined between all the roles and it's difficult to switch from one to the other.

Advice to Management

After the acquisition, there was uncertainty that processes, culture and tools would change for the worst. So far this hasn't happened so please keep it that way!

9 Jan 2018 – Senior Manager HR EMEA

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your very positive feedback. It is great to hear of your top highlights at working with Appirio as we pride ourselves in our culture, tools... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Good salary, very flexible. Allow you to work from home when necessary. It is growing at high speed so a lot of opportunities will arise this year's and in the ones to come.

Cons

Nothing really bad to be honest. 2015 was not the best year for Appirio but I see they (we) are looking at what was wrongly done and trying to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys.

3. "Great place to work that supports employees to make changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Appirio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible in working from home
    Mostly remote work with clients, so smaller amount of travel compared to other consultanting firms
    Work with great technology (SFDC, Apple, Google, Workday,....), great ideas (TopCoder), and great people

Cons

Organisation and communication is somewhat lacking at times
    Clarity of vision and direction difficult to understand at times

Advice to Management

Outline the vision, outline how we get closer to that vision this year, and return to that roadmap at every staff call. Clarity of purpose, simplicity of roadmap are crucially important.

4. "Pros & Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delgany
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delgany

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, great people, flexible life-friendly environment

Cons

Tough market so things a little stressed now...working hard on culture

Advice to Management

Listen to team members more

5. "HR department needs to be better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The infrastructure and facilities are simply amazing.

Cons

The biggest negative in Jaipur is the HR team here. This team does not have a clue as to what goes on in the office. There is no clarity around the policies which will come in when the merger with Wipro will happen. They are not at all open to feedback and simply wants to do the things they want to push. Their availability in office is something which is questionable, for them the office timings are 11 am to 4 pm. They dont know how to tackle employee pay issues and they would simply give you a POC in Wipro and expect the employees to work with them, which again is a pain in itself.

The culture of the company has gone for a toss post the acquisition. There is no transparency and the communication from top down is very fabricated and follows a very political approach without any clear and proper answers keeping the employees in a confused state.

There was a time when the employee experience was something which was of high prioirty, now this has just become a word and no one cares about it.

If you are organizing something, then do it at your own risk. For some reason the payment to vendors now take ages and it is better not to engage the vendor at your own goodwill, because god knows when would he be paid.

Advice to Management

Please work on integration and you need to have a better leader in HR who can lead the same.

6. "Great place to work and awesome people to work with"

Former Employee - Principal Solution Architect in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Former Employee - Principal Solution Architect in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Awesome workplace; facility, location, cafeteria, cabs etc
    2. Lots of opportunity at every level of career.
    3. Best tools for developer experience, project management and work management.
    4. Awesome people to work with
    5. Lots of global opportunities
    6. Easy to switch between projects/teams however one has to approach to right person
    7. Easy approachable top Leadership within Appirio
    8. Lots of training and learning opportunities
    9. Company spend a good amount of money and resources on employee engagement; team parties, company events, silver lining, sports events etc

I saw a couple of negative feedback after merging with Wipro but in my opinion, Wipro has opened a lot more opportunities for Jaipur hive and the following facts are in favor of JDC.

1. There are many more global opportunities now than ever before
    2. More options to move between the teams and explore other technologies/verticals.
    3. A number of training and learning opportunities. I attended two best training of my life after becoming part of Wipro. I am grateful for that experience.
    4. Solution and Innovation group has done an awesome job in the very short amount of time; lots of lightning bolts, products and Appirio Nigel

In my opinion, slow positive changes are being ignored and a small negative incident becomes news very soon.

Cons

#1. In my opinion, Getting your hands dirty has been part of Appirio culture but these days developers are crying to get the right support from more experienced people in the red project.

#2. . Awesome people at Appirio US are leaving a company.

#3. One may not be valued if not on people management career track.

Advice to Management

Don't let your platform experts/SME feel less valuable. You are lucky to have experts and also invested in them. Outside world is dying to get those experts. Impact of losing experts might not be immediate but in a long run organization will suffer in maintaining right CSAT score and employee experience.

"Tragic leadership"

Former Employee - Tech in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Tech in London, England (UK)

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be great, culture and reputation

Cons

Totally lost bearing and culture. Horrible people management, lost lots of people lately.

Advice to Management

Get a grip...listen to the employees

8. "Salesforce Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Experience so far, hope to get better

Cons

Need to reduce current attrition.

24 Sep 2018 – Manager, Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. If you'd like to discuss this feedback further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at mtyagi@appirio.com

9. "Acquisition causing pains"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. We have incredibly talented and smart people.

Cons

The acquisition has really undermined the values of the company.

20 Sep 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

Our commitment to our employees is what makes Appirio unique. We strive to create an environment that empowers change, communication, and transparency. As we continue to establish ourselves within... More

"Good Place to Learn new things and Great professional environment"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was working as a Software developer in Appirio and worked here for a good 2 years, I learned so many things which won't possible for me to learn from any university or google. I love the overall work environment from the day I started coming for my interview and until my last working day. I never felt that I am working in a place where people do office politics at work. Yes, I always get cooperative co-workers and brilliant heads to guide me.

Cons

I honestly not found any major cons there but yes can work on transport services for employees

Advice to Management

You have a great team and you are utilizing it in the best way

29 Aug 2018 – Manager, Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm glad to hear you had great learning experience at Appirio and loved working here. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at... More