AppNeta "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

AppNeta Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.7
AppNeta CEO Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
Pros
  • "There are monthly volunteer events, regular lunches, and incredible benefits including paid family and medical leave which is unheard of at startups(in 7 reviews)

• "AppNeta is quickly becoming a great place to work(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

• "lack of transparency and honesty from upper management(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews

"Special Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

AppNeta is a great place to work primarily because of Matt Stevens, who is a one-of-a-kind CEO. Lots of leaders say that they have an open door policy and that they care about the employees, but Matt truly means it. He makes himself available to all employees at all times. No matter what may be on his plate at the time, he will be sure to make you feel like his priority. He recognizes that we all have lives and... pressures outside of the office, and has created an incredible culture and loyal followers. AppNeta truly cares about their employees, customers, and community. There are monthly volunteer events, regular lunches, and incredible benefits including paid family and medical leave which is unheard of at startups. They compensate well and consistently recognize the employees that work hard, including monthly employee awards.

Cons

Change is in the only guarantee at a startup, and that isn't for everyone. It's a fast paced environment, but one that provides you every opportunity that you make of it.

Advice to Management

You will never be able to please everyone, don't let the negative voices discourage you.

AppNeta2017-03-24
  2. "Sales"

I have been working at AppNeta

Pros

Great place to work love the people and upper management, the space is hot right now everyone is looking for simple easily scalable product to monitor their Saas applications and Network end to end

Cons

The product still needs some work, but no real complaints

Advice to Management

401K match would be nice

AppNeta2016-09-12
  3. "great place to intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta for less than a year

Pros

AppNeta has a relaxed atmosphere that promotes collaboration and questions, lots of laughter, and a great mix of young and old professionals. Its a great place to intern if you are a business student because there is transparency from top to bottom, and across the open office space, so you learn a great deal by simply being in the space. When I met the CEO he said: "Tell us what we're doing wrong and help us fix... it!" and that attitude seems apparent throughout the company. It looks like the company is headed in a great direction and it is cool to simply be a part of it. Everything that they say is a plus to working here on the website is true. Great snacks and music! :)

Cons

Nothing notable that I can see so far! For me, the commute is pretty long, but that's just part of living outside of Boston. It seems like the sales reps are always here, but I think that's the nature of that job.

Advice to Management

It would be cool to have a more formal internship program as the company grows! Nothing other than that.

AppNeta2015-05-15
  4. "AppNeta gaining momentum fast"

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

AppNeta is quickly becoming a great place to work. Like many small companies it has seen its share of bumps in the road but over the past 6 months management has made a real effort to grow a culture that employees care about the success of the company and the company cares about the success of the employees. If you are competitive and like a place that will recognize and reward you for positive contributions this... may be a place for you. Question for the audience can you walk into your VP or CEO's office for a quick convo or to get their thoughts? If that type of learning is something you would like I'd recommending checking out AppNeta.

Cons

AppNeta is still a small company and with that comes some of the small company growing pains for example we may run out of snacks on Friday and not get another order until Tuesday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing it seems you were able to identify problem areas and address them. Bringing in more experienced management to work with the younger team has been highly beneficial.

AppNeta2014-02-07
  5. "Great for some (if you want make $) - not for everyone."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work if you want to work hard and make serious cash. You're given lots of freedom to succeed (and lots of rope to hang yourself if try to cowboy it and go it alone...).

Cons

Being a startup, there is a lot of change in the go to market approach. AppNeta has more change than most, but the change is driven out desire to make people successful. Not a place to work if you expect to get a "cookie cutter" approach. You'll need to self-motivated and be prepared to figure things out on the fly.

Advice to Management

Hire better. Too many of the sales team members don't take the opportunity seriously or approach the job with professionalism. It's hard to sell (regardless of how strong the product is and AppNeta's product is actually a winner) and it is even tougher when you have to sit next to people who expect to have everything handed to them and/or complain about their peers or management when the real answer to their lack... of success is looking back at them in the bathroom mirror each morning. This isn't just for management - it's for all sales team members too. Don't tolerate under-performers. They bring the whole team down with them. AppNeta is in a hot market with a hot product, so why tolerate sub-par peers?

AppNeta2014-01-08
  6. "Great fun place to work!"

Intermediate Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta

Pros

Great place to work. The technology is interesting and has promise, I hope it's not too little too late. Work is challenging and engaging. Social environment is great.

Cons

The pay is a bit below market and I think they over play the tough times angle. Sometimes the process is too light, depends what you are in the mood for.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep people engaged. Also we seem to go in cycles of hiring business staff that don't amount to much. Make sure we cut loose anyone on the business side who isn't delivering.

AppNeta2010-06-17