AppNeta Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 14 Oct 2019

3.7
AppNeta CEO Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
  1. "Awesome team! Awesome perks!"

I have been working at AppNeta for more than a year

Pros

Awesome team of friendly people, the nicest I have ever worked with. The culture is very open and communicative and there are more and more events each month like pizza lunches, beer socials, optional employee-led learning seminars and tons of other stuff.

Cons

Nothing of note, the company is growing fast and that means lots of new faces all the time and shifting policy but the company appears very committed to their team and making them happy and comfortable at work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team and keep doing what you're doing!

AppNeta2015-11-18
  2. "A new AppNeta"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like many start-up's AppNeta had some growing pains, I've read the posts from 2012-2014 and understand not everyone agreed with decisions that were made. Regardless, that is in the past and before my time. Currently AppNeta is making a name for themselves in the APM space and growing rapidly at the same time. Personal growth and leadership are the biggest reasons people should want to join this organization. ... I've never seen a company that will promote from within so quickly. This is something promised to most new hires but here it actually happens. Secondly is the leadership of the executive team. Through the struggles of what it has taken to get to where AppNeta is today the leaders of the organization have a clear vision of where we are headed. The CEO and CMO have collaborated and put together a plan for 2016 that will really put this company on the map. The future looks bright!

Cons

My first few weeks at AppNeta were concerning because there were a lot of changes but the dust has settled. Additionally, this isn't particularly a con but it is an inside sales organization with a lot of out-bound activity, if that is not what you are looking for then this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the pedal to the metal and don't look back. Continue to improve the product and the leadership moving forward.

AppNeta2015-11-16
  3. "Great Choice"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great management team that seeks to create an environment where there is both a collective sense of responsibility and personal ownership of tasks. - High expectations for achievement are balanced with rewards (Thursday/Friday drinks, free lunches, company parties). Management team actively recognizes people in the weekly sales team meetings for doing something well or going above and beyond. -Open... transparency between divisions at AppNeta. Marketing is focused on how to help grow the brand and leads, sales and customer success have open communication about product developments/feedback from customers. Very collaborative environment. -Investment in career development. There is a full sales enablement onboarding program as well as continuing training in sales strategy which I was pleasantly surprised by! Many companies do not offer such career development.

Cons

I came from a background where I did not have to be in an office every day. For me, coming to AppNeta, I understood that I was changing roles and would need to be in the office every day. This for me was a transition, not so much a con, as there is good work life balance (better than average for most companies in Boston) and the office is in a great area of the city (Seaport).

Advice to Management

Continue to build great culture! Merit based rewarding is extremely refreshing and great for a growing company.

AppNeta2015-11-16
  4. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined AppNeta a month ago, and I'm thrilled with how things are going so far. AppNeta has quickly proven to be an exciting environment to be in, unlike anywhere else I've worked. I've had an interesting and varied career path, which helps give perspective as to how lucky I am to be here. I've found that I'm surrounded by brilliant, energetic, and motivated people, which can't be said about most working... environments. It's refreshing to have finally found a place I can see myself long-term.

Cons

I've experienced no downsides to working here.

AppNeta2015-11-12

"Promoting an open culture of risk taking"

in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined AppNeta which is my first start-up in my career. The way AppNeta is run is refreshing. I enjoy how decisions are made collaboratively. It is a thoughtful approach where you feel that your opinion is valued and not the Corporate “because I said so” mentality. While working at a large enterprise fortune 500 organization we were encouraged to take risks, but were retaliated against when the... risk failed. That organization talked the talk but did not walk the walk. What I have learned at AppNeta is the opposite, take a risk and try new things. This is clearly an organization that understands that risk doesn’t always come with rewards but as a team, we can get there. Our CEO Matt Steven’s tells every new hire you are the future leaders of this organization. After being here for a few months, I have witnessed high performing employees being recognized for their hard work and receive promotion to the next level.

Cons

AppNeta is in a fast growing growth mode and the only con is that there isn’t enough time in the day or resources to accomplish everything you want to do. Learning to prioritize what is important and being able to say I will put your request on my road map of future projects.

AppNeta2015-09-29
  6. "Getting it done"

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Its great to be a part of an organization that is more interested in just doing the right thing then playing politics and pointing fingers. Employees are respected and valued as much as the customers. The environment here is very collaborative with an attitude of we'll get it done. Matt (CEO) is very approachable and has a true open door policy. (as opposed to I'll keep my door open, but don't come in). The... growth here is very energizing and the players in the market are in self destruct mode, which should make a very interesting next 12-18 months!

Cons

Living outside the city and having to commute in can be a real chore. However that can be said for many companies outside AppNeta. While open floor space is very hit, can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

AppNeta2015-09-23

"Sales"

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

The culture here is fantastic. It is fast paced, high energy, and everyone seems happy to be here. And why wouldn't you be, when you are in one of the biggest markets in the tech industry right now, with amazing technology that can come in in disrupt this market? Great sales spiffs to keep you motivated, and beers on Friday/great company outings definitely help keep the morale up at all times. Great compensation... plan, a lot of money to be made here.

Cons

A little bit of turnover/disorganization at the management level but that has seemed to straighten itself out. With four great products to sell, sometimes the direction can be a little off in terms of trying to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

AppNeta2015-09-09

"AppNeta Launched My Career"

Senior Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

AppNeta has a community of people who want to learn and love to win. The past four years here have been a positive learning experience as well as introduced me to many long lasting professional relationships. Healthy combination of industry experience and developer driven mentality.

Cons

The office space was limited due to an influx in hiring over the past few months. Since moving west, I believe they have leased another floor to compensate.

Advice to Management

Continue to train and hire young professionals - stay competitive in the workforce. Boston as a city is on the way up as it relates to innovation.

AppNeta2015-09-07
  9. "This is a GREAT first job out of college."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Everyone is willing to help you succeed. * No question is a dumb question. * The tools they have to help you do your job are efficient. * There is a lot of energy focused on your training to get you prepared.

Cons

* If you're not a pro-active person it is very easy for you to slip under the cracks. You need to ask questions, ask for help and just be proactive. No one's going to say no, but you need to make those opportunities for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Looking forward to the large expansion of the company and seeing if that changes the dynamic around here.

AppNeta2015-09-01
  10. "Glad I Stuck It Out"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been at AppNeta for a couple years now and I've always enjoyed my colleagues and the products I sell (my customers really love our stuff in most cases and when there's an issue, I always feel like my support team has my back). But a little over 1.5 years ago I almost left for what felt like greener pastures because a change just felt like the thing to do + our CEO at the time felt burnt out. Since then, I... have a new senior sales manager and there is new senior leadership at the company and things have markedly improved. I feel like I have a real voice and I'm being listened to. The job is still uber challenging, but when I succeed, I'm rewarded well and I'm called on to help teach others too. So glad I decided to stay and I can see a career path here that will take me the next few steps in my professional growth - not sure what else I could ask for beyond that.

Cons

Sales management is good but stretched a little thin. I realize this is being addressed, but I'm selfish and I wish I had more 1:1 time with my direct manager for advice and general mentorship. Also, as previously mentioned, we're growing super fast and sometimes the reality of our facilities challenges can be a bummer for the male employees (again, this is being addressed, but until it is, it's not always great).

Advice to Management

Keep the open communications - good, bad or otherwise, I'm a grown-up and I can handle it and I truly appreciate being treated that way. Double down on the efforts to hire more senior sales management please!

AppNeta2015-06-05