AppNeta BDR Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 13 Feb 2014

1.0
AppNeta CEO Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens

"Best place in the whole wide world to work!"

Former Employee - BDR

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Appneta will make every one of your dreams come true! This company's management will teach you everything you could ever want to know about selling, success, and life in general. I mean come on, read the positive reviews on glassdoor, ONLY the positive reviews. The other 90% of the reviews are junk. Probably some guy with like 30 different accounts saying, you know, bad stuff cause they're bitter.

Cons

Lots of great spiffs. I'll never forget the one we had where the manager brought everyone into a room and said "Anyone who doesn't have 2 qualified sales demos booked by EOD is gone". He was a great manager. Seriously, he was a few years out of college, knew more than anyone in the world, and was amazingly amazing. The hours. Anyone who doesn't think working 12 hours a day is cool is the worst. "What about... Saturdays?" Sounds like a great time to find new leads, see you in the office bro! When you see 90% of people telling you to run, do it. This place is kinda awful. They are a small company yet if you do a quick search on Lnkdin you'll see over 400 people with Appneta tied to their name. How do you have over 400 people with Appneta on their profile yet be small and a good place to work?

Advice to Management

Congratulations! You have managed to burn FAR more bridges than most. Good luck finding a job outside of Appneta.

AppNeta2014-02-14

"You've been warned"

Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice location on Summer Street Great bunch of co-workers who are friendly (for the most part) Short walk from South Station

Cons

Lies, lies are more lies are used to hire young, gullible college grads. They lure you to take the job by making false promises. You realize soon enough that it was all a BIG LIE. Long work hours are a requirement. If you don't come in prior to 7am and leave after 7pm, you're in trouble. However, you notice that this applies only to the sales team. The marketing and other teams stroll in whenever they feel like and... leave as soon as the clock strikes 5! Extremely high stress environment with NO reward. As soon as you're showing signs of success, they fire you, so they don't have to pay you commission.

Advice to Management

The management team seriously needs to figure out their business model. Firing hard working employees because you feel like it, is not a good enough reason. Take a hard look at all your non-sales employees who are always wiling away their time at work. Cut them loose instead of the hard working sales team employees.

AppNeta2013-06-30

"Terrible Company To Work For...."

Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly, the one good thing about this place is the location, being right above Papa Gayo- so you can drink away how crappy your day is.

Cons

Everything. This place was legit a nightmare to work at. First off, I was misconceived throughout the entire hiring process, down to my offer letter. Be aware that the salary is calculated using the MANDATORY 52+ weeks. They hire recent grads, so that they will not know the difference on how poorly they are being treated and taken advantage of. The management team is ridiculous, due to the fact that they only got to... that position over their "lucky sells." Also, for BDRs, the team leader (manager) MUST be on the line in order to close a deal, and my manager was NEVER around. If he wasn't outside smoking a pack a day, he was taking off for hours at a time unannounced, often times missing calls, therefore forcing me to miss deals. However, the upper management never noticed, which is a sad sad thing. WIth a terrible business model, terrible management, and a shady way to lure people into working here, this company will not last. Take my advice and DO NOT work here.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to your "team leads"

AppNeta2013-04-11