AppDynamics Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

AppDynamics Reviews

Updated 4 Nov 2019

4.4
AppDynamics CEO Danny Winokur (no image)
Danny Winokur
Pros
  • "It's almost an year since I have joined AppD as a new grad(in 50 reviews)

• "Great focus on work-life-balance(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Passionate team members can lose their work/life balance easily(in 33 reviews)

• "A perfect company does not exist, but there is very little I can say negatively about AppD(in 29 reviews)

1. "Great culture with opportunity to ride next wave of APM"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great to engage customers with a broad portfolio of solutions

Cons

Tech debt with regards to analytical capabilities of the platform

Advice to Management

Focus on emerging trends

AppDynamics2019-10-13

"Truly awful"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

No known pros. Well, maybe the Nutella. I did like the Nutella. Pickles too. Good snacks. That sort of thing.

Cons

It's hard to know where to begin. There are deeply embedded cultural problems at the company that make it impossible to ship anything. Any talent that remains in product and eng is running for the doors. The C team is running the show, after the previous B-team execs left en masse once their golden handcuffs came off. The CEO, Danny Winokur, is totally adrift and is in over his head. Not a snowball's chance in San... Francisco that this company makes it. The company reminds me of the show “Chernobyl” in terms of the lies, the lack of accountability, the technical incompetence and the meltdown for which it’s headed. Join only if you have given it your best shot in life and came up short and have just decided you don't care about where you work.

AppDynamics2019-11-05

"Cisco is hurting the business... not a good place to join anymore"

Former Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at AppDynamics are awesome. I had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and people who are trying to innovate, cultivate a great culture, and move fast. Unsure of Cisco's intentions at this point, but if a big company is the place for you then you can work here and coast without a care in the world. Cisco has great perks and benefits, so yay. But don't expect stock as apart of... your compensation, that's non-existent for ICs. AppDynamics is aware and working hard towards diversity initiatives. Again, the smartest people trying to do great things. Just hope Cisco doesn't ruin this too.

Cons

Engineering is broken. Release cadence is slow and non-existent. No growth, thank you Cisco. Culture is somewhat in tact, but a year from now it'll be non-existent. The entire recruiting team was laid off and that hurt the culture, interview process, and company outlook. Not sure the intention as neither company is at the same scale.

Advice to Management

I think enough people have spoken up that I am unsure what more could be said. Cisco will take over and that'll be that.

AppDynamics2019-10-09

"Poor leadership and middle management, old boys club"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong sales process, good PTO.

Cons

In the past 6 months, over 50% of the team have left for better opportunities, including key managers and senior sales engineers. CEO and CRO are gone too. Complicated product with lots of bugs. SEs are bullied by sales reps. Sales reps are disrespectful towards sales engineers, and they treat them like personal slaves. Too demanding, rude, aggressive. No camaraderie between sales and SEs. Reps are selfish... and not bright. Greater integration with Cisco means lost company identity. Incompetent sales reps from Cisco joining and ruining culture of AppDynamics. AppD is no longer AppD. SE managers cannot stand up to sales directors, and are bullied by them. Lack of diversity, mostly old white guys.

Advice to Management

Hire more diverse staff, younger people, more women. Stop hiring low quality personnel from Cisco. Take ownership of SE org and culture.

AppDynamics2019-11-04

"Its Ok"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Food, Perks, Culture, Some People

Cons

Some People, Working Hrs, Air Condition.

AppDynamics2019-10-14
  6. "Great company great colleagues."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Maidenhead, England

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for in all areas.

Cons

I have no concerns I had a great experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work.

AppDynamics2019-10-03

"Sales Engineer @ Cisco AppDynamics"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- top of the range salary - good product that is often renewed - positive culture - benefits of Cisco

Cons

- organisational structure: you get to become a manager if you did a good job as an employee (like closing a big deal) not if you have good management skills, also the training for new managers is very limited

Advice to Management

- pre-assess people more thoroughly before allowing them te become a manager - train your management better on management skills and being a facilitating people manager

AppDynamics2019-10-15

"AppDynamics allows gender discrimination and sexual harassment if you’re a leader"

Former Employee - Enablement Labs - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-Life balance, good benefits and perks, important product, industry leader, mostly good people.

Cons

A well-known, with the knowledge of his boss, took calculated advantage of a direct report by having an extramarital affair and then derailing her career when he was done with her, all while concessions were made for him to continue his career track. He forced her off the team to a different role that was not related to her desired and successful career track, causing her a lot if distress, ultimately leading to... her resignation. She was pressured by him to not attend company events, be in HQ the same time as him, etc. Throughout this time, he was very vocal to the rest of team abut his intentions and bragged about his "accomplishment". He intimidated other team members to keep quiet and even lied to HR about the relationship dates as to appear he was following protocol, even though he was with her way before he reported it. This issue has caused a lot of morale issues on our team as this was flaunted right in front of us, causing many of us to quit or start considering quitting. This was reported to HR by her with no actions taken by the company. I resigned yesterday and reported this as well, but I'm skeptical any actions will be taken. Once the Director and his boss caught wind of me talking to HR, they had me walked out of the building by HR, even though I still had a week left. That's what over 5 years of dedicated service to AppDynamics gets you. It's clear that this kind of behavior, especially in this cultural climate, is inexcusable. AppDynamics cares more about sales numbers than doing what is right by its employees, especially ones with limited power. This is not only gender discrimination, but also shows a clear lack of integrity by a company who consistently advertises their focus on culture, diversity, and woman in technology. It's no wonder there aren't more woman working in tech.

Advice to Management

Clean up your image and discipline these despicable people appropriately. No one is too important that the rules don't apply to them.

AppDynamics2019-09-17
  9. "Fantastic opportunity"

Current Employee - Area Sales Director in Sydney

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great technology Great market opportunity Great people

Cons

Slow on tech releases

AppDynamics2019-09-21

"Ship has sailed"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cisco uplift as well as a new partner network. A proven go to market strategy!

Cons

Limited growth and now part of a much large organisation with little development on the product in comparison to other competitors

AppDynamics2019-09-25