Antea Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.9
Antea Group CEO  Brian Ricketts
Brian Ricketts
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard when weeks are filled with field work, but as you grow within the company the balance improves(in 7 reviews)

• "Work life balance tough when conducting field work(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The work is always interesting and challenging. It seems just when you get things figured out and ready to pass to someone else, a new challenge presents itself. It always keeps me engaged I have been working from my home for a lot more and love that flexibility. It feels like I'm working about the same amount of time, but I'm more efficient because I don't have the normal office distractions. Plus, when I'm in the office, I find myself more engaged. I'm also encouraged to use my vacation time and am actually able to check out when gone. The benefits are solid and feel inline for the industry. Whenever I have questions, I get good information and context from the corporate teams. And maybe most importantly, I have a great manager who lets me lead my team and projects my way, but is always willing to jump in and help if we get behind on something or a deadline is in jeopardy.

Cons

Very few cons in my time here. There is an unlimited opportunity to find new assignments and the constant work can be overwhelming for some. I like it most of the time, but sometimes I just want a day to reset or a day where I don't feel the pressure. I've been a Senior Project Manager for a long time now with no real path for advancement that doesn't include sales. It's been fine because I continue to receive pay increases and have challenging assignment. But I do wonder if I'm being fully recognized for the value I bring because I've been in this role for a long time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in talent out of college and in different types of work. The teams I've been working with have more capacity than ever and I can do so many different things as a PM now. Keep my job interesting!

Antea Group2020-01-14
  2. "Small but Mighty!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very little upper management grief. We're here to bring in business and get the job done. Health insurance group coverage prices are excellent.

Cons

Sometimes work has to be outsourced due to limited available staff.

Advice to Management

Don't let the organization become top-heavy. Upper and mid-management should be striving to keep their staff utilization numbers high by actively pursuing new work, and staff should have incentives to maintain product quality and client satisfaction.

Antea Group2019-10-11
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Professional Staff in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Antea Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, friendly, great work-life balance

Cons

I can’t think of any

Antea Group2019-09-30
  4. "Best Employee/Client Service Focused Environmental Firm"

Current Employee - Consultant in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basically, I’m extremely happy at Antea Group. My career goals and Antea Groups business goals are aligned. As such, I’m thriving. The people at Antea Group have a wealth of experience. Newcomers are extremely talented and have hit the ground running. It’s a pleasure to work with talented hard working colleagues with similar passions for customer service and integrity for high-quality work products.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the employee and client focused business model. Keep up with the frequent communications.

Antea Group2019-06-25
  5. "Positive Atmosphere, Really care about employees"

I have been working at Antea Group

Pros

Positive atmosphere. They truly care about every employee and helping every person develop in their position and through the consulting continuum.

Cons

Pay is not adjusted by location

Advice to Management

Adjust pay based on location - cost of living is very different in different areas of the country.

Antea Group2019-05-30
  6. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Project Professional in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture is amazing! I also love the flexible work-life balance.

Cons

Far drive into the office for me.

Antea Group2019-05-15

"Once I found out Im pregnant I knew I couldnt go on."

Former Employee - Professional Staff

I worked at Antea Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Okay pay for a young person. Its not all office work. They are definitely encouraging of growth in the company. Growth and movement in the company is built into their culture. Every office is different. If the people are cheery then it would probably be nice.

Cons

The title basically explains it. This is not a job that you can do unless you are very resilient and willing to sacrifice sleep. In my experience the people were a little inflammatory. They were on the fast track to terminating me for a couple of errors made in a period of fatigue. Unforgiving of rookie mistakes. Depending on the office, this job can involve very early mornings, late evenings and a lot of driving. I found it to impede on my wellbeing and it is not a job one can do while in a fragile state. Its also very uninteresting work. I didnt feel I was learning much of anything that would be broadly useful in a career. I think the description says "environmental report writing" but I soon found out there was no writing involved. Its just cookie cutter stuff. Its just the nature of the game. Ultimately it felt like a very exhausting experience for little developmental gain. There is room for growth into the sustainability or other sectors from the staff pro position but they require you to keep staff pro-ing it for too long in my observation. The consulting positions in sustainability also seem a little cold and uninteresting as well unless your a data/excel nerd. I dont think it is the kind of job where you get to feel a tangible impact on your community. The sustainability and other work is also a bit competitive to get into. So that can cause your coworkers to feel threatened by you if you have similar interests in the company. Also the feedback tool is impersonal, Orwellian and just yucky. Just sterile vibes and bad overhead lighting all around. Another major con is your kind of stuck with your handful of coworkers a lot. For some reason one girl on my team really didnt like me and was condescending, belittling and at times out right yelled at me. It was transparent and sad. Made the whole thing really sting. Couldnt hang.

Advice to Management

Theres not really much to change. Its just a job for resilient people that can wake up at 5am every day.. But seriouly why so much fluorescent lighting? Like can we do a lamp? A chandelier? Anything else. Also maybe try to describe in detail at the interview that this job will not utilize your environmental education. Any sensible 18+ human could do this job if theyre good at going to bed at 8pm and waking up at 5am. I was too exhausted to function. Also wow not enough time off at all. Can we live a little jeez America

Antea Group2019-05-03

"Review of Antea Group"

I worked at Antea Group part-time

Pros

Very horizontal management structure. It has plenty of opportunities to work on international projects. You can work in different continents: Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia.

Cons

Some departments are not very well structured. Responsibilities are diluted and therefore many inefficiencies emerge. The right employee training is not always offered but the right performance is always required.

Advice to Management

Management should focus more on offering the right employee training. This will help to reduce the turnover rate of employees. Better distribution of responsibilities is also important in order to reduce inefficiencies.

Antea Group2019-04-09
  9. "Space to be Innovative and Creative"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Antea Group awards innovation and helps employees find their place to work that makes them the most productive and connected.

Cons

Sometimes the work is such that you have a hard time leaving it - but that is also a sign of great projects work to do!

Antea Group2019-03-08
  10. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Antea Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility, and Encouragement of Work/Life Balance

Cons

Improvements are needed for a quality technology platform.

Antea Group2019-02-07