Amgen Reviews

3.9
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Work culture, work life balance, opportunity to work with great teams and minds, a true leader in healthcare

Cons

Not one I can think of - great place to work!

March 30, 2020Social Media Manager

We are thrilled that you see Amgen as a great place to work with amazing talent. Thank you for the review!

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

I don't have any downsides to share

December 15, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. It is our sincere goal to provide staff members with support and we are happy to hear about your positive experience. Reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement conversations of change across the company. If you’d like to share additional details about your experience, please always know that you can reach out to our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for your review.

3. "Good pay"

Former Employee - Associate in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Above standard Pay, good location in southern Dublin, good for fetting foot in door

Cons

No movement for CW/contract workers, stuck in your role with no opportunity to grow or apply for permenant positions in your own team. Very obvious system of having a lot of non irish as CWs, few non Irish in permanent positions which defeats purpose of diversity

January 21, 2021Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We strive to create an environment where our team members feel supported and heard. We value your feedback and please know that all reviews are taken into consideration when strategizing for the future. Please know, you are always welcome to share any feedback with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Thank you again for your review!

4. "Good company, could be great"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Holidays, culture, diversity inclusion and belonging

Cons

Lots of management tiers. Executive management getting involved in day to day operations

December 28, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous communication and create an atmosphere where employees feel supported. Reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there are additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

5. "Overall lovely company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Flexibility Holidays Health insurance Nice colleagues

Cons

Extended travel International working hours Remote working setup could be improved

November 10, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Hello, thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal that our staff members feel supported during these unprecedented times, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to bring this to fruition. To share more about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us today.

6. "Great place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits Goals and mission Facilities

Cons

Decision making is slow No career progression Not a diverse company

October 29, 2020Social Media Coordinator

We appreciate your review, value your feedback, and would like to learn more about your experience so we can achieve our goal of fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can reach his or her full potential. To share additional details about your experience, please connect with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing the above to our attention. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

7. "NA"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Cons

career progression opportunities are low

October 19, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Hello, thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your time at Amgen. Please know, you can always reach out to us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

8. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are excellent, training and resources very good. Support for further education and development also very good

Cons

Career progression difficult without global mobility.

October 2, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback — reviews like this are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please write to us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com. Thank you for your time and for your contributions to our team!

"Bullying Culture, Toxic atmosphere, You are only a number,"

1.0
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Kildare
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good wages, VHI, Pension, Shares

Cons

Toxic atmosphere, Bullying Culture from management, MAPs system for Annual review is used to Abuse People no matter how hard you work through the year. If you don't get on with manager you will not do well. Executive directors will protect their managers at all costs no matter how useless they are at there jobs. Reported bullying incidents will be pushed aside. If you complain to HR they are too lazy to proceed with any issues and will bamboozle you with corporate nonsense and not bother to deal with your issue. Most issues are dealt with on the floor through experienced staff and not with managers. Over processing of simple issues. Triages Galore. Blame Culture, Horrible place to work.

December 9, 2020Social Media Manager

We appreciate your review, value your feedback, and take your concerns very seriously. It is our sincere goal to foster an environment where staff members can thrive professionally and personally, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. While you've provided a great amount of detail here, we encourage you to share more about your experience with our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud so we can prevent similar feelings in the future. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

10. "Busy but fulfilling"

Former Employee - QA Manager

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture. Excellent benefits package. Lots of opportunities to advance and upskill.

Cons

No real cons. Prepare to be busy!

August 3, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Hello, thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at Amgen. Please know, you can always reach out to us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,054 English Reviews