Amazing.com Employee Reviews about "last minute"

Updated 25 Jul 2015

4.0
Amazing.com CEO and Co-Founders Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback (no image)
Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback
Pros
  • "We are allowed to work from home each Friday unless we have a previously scheduled meeting(in 6 reviews)

• "Matt and Jason will pass a task down to you and you need to do it quick(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The communication between management and staff could be better - last-minute changes can sometimes be a challenge to accommodate(in 4 reviews)

• "The owner let go everyone so coldly, without even as much as personal call or personal email(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "last minute"

Return to all Reviews

"LOVE IT HERE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing.com has a great culture and atmosphere. Everyone wants to be here and wants to contribute. We are a start up working out the kinks, but work is made fun and we are ale to mold this company into something great! We work hard and are rewarded well. Matt and Jason are always looking for ways to better serve customers and employees.

Cons

Communication between C levels AND between departments needs improvement. Last minute changes without full communication can make a less pleasant experience for both employees and customers.

Continue reading

May 27, 2018Executive Chairman

Thanks for the review! We absolutely are always looking for ways to do better with employees and customers. Thank you for noticing :) Communication is something we've worked hard on the past few years since you wrote this review. We're doing much better now, especially with our weekly all-hands meetings. Thanks! - Matt Clark, Executive Chairman & Co-founder

"Happy to Come to Work!"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time

Pros

Incredible co-workers and extremely supportive management make coming to work every day a total blast. This company is dedicated to making their customers and employees happy, and they go out of their way to make it happen. I've honestly never worked in a place like this before. It's small, but growing, and people really look out for each other and are there to help in any way that they can. I absolutely love it here.

Cons

The communication between management and staff could be better - last-minute changes can sometimes be a challenge to accommodate.

"Beware"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amazing.com full-time

Pros

Cool office location, private chef, decent pay. They like to have a good time, and often throw parties and participate in team sports.

Cons

At first glance, it looked like an opportunity that would be promising with potential for professional growth. That hope quickly faded when the lack of professionalism and poor management became obvious. The company spends money even quicker than they make it, which can make for an uncertain immediate future. The owners spend lavishly and throw money around while their employees work long hours and are stuck cleaning up inevitable messes caused buy disorganized growth and last minute poorly thought out decisions. Aside from the pompous CEO's; the CFO's way of handling any and everything is usually by making legal threats and barking orders while holed up in his closet like office. The remaining folks in high level positions work remotely in other states or countries, which makes for chaos and zero communication. All in all, I would say that my experience was negative and I would not recommend anyone to work there.

Continue reading

May 26, 2018HR Manager

First, I apologize for the late reply. Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry your experience as one of our team members was not rewarding and fulfilling, the standard we set for ourselves for every person who joins our team. When you were with us back in 2015, we were in our very first massive growth spurt as a company. Around that time, we grew from about 8 employees to 60+ within one year. As you mentioned, we had lots of positive financial performance, but very poor management performance. So we decided to hire experienced managers to run the company. Unfortunately, for many reasons, that did not work out. This includes the CFO you mentioned who contributed a lot while he was with us, but is not longer at the company. Almost our entire team is located in our office right here in Austin, TX. The vision I set out whenever I built my first company was to build a place people loved going to, they felt fulfilled working there, and loved the work they do. At times, we’ve failed miserably at this. We’ve grown a lot over the past few years and are doing a much, much better job at this today. We still have a lot of work to do. But, we regularly systematically gather feedback from our team members and act on it to continually build one of the best places to build a career. Thank you very much for your feedback and for the the time you spent with us. I wish you nothing but the best in your current and future career :) Matt Clark, Executive Chairman, Former CEO, & Co-founder

"I've never worked harder/had more fun at a company as I do here."

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Amazing Academy is several things, but easy is not one of them. I've been with the company since July of 2014, which is when they opened their downtown Austin headquarters. Ask anyone here - it's definitely 100% startup. But it's a profitable startup, so they can afford to offer great benefits to the right people. While it's true we're all required to work hard, we also have a lot of fun. There are no two people here that dislike each other and it's not uncommon for the CFO to hang out in the break room with the chef (yes, we have one). Or to see the customer support team chatting away with the president. No one person is more important than any other, which is why everyone is encouraged to speak up when someone isn't pulling their weight. And it's a good guess that's why there are a few negative reviews. As for culture, Amazing Academy promotes collaboration and friendliness. The people here are smart, funny, and helpful. There are groups that go out to happy hour or dinner every other week or so. There's a bean bag area where you can hang out and watch TV if you need to get away from your desk. And there's not a room in here that doesn't contain some type of board for planning your next big project. Plus, we have tons of group outings, plenty of growth, and we often promote from within. All in all, I'd say this is truly what a startup should look like.

Cons

There's some difficulty with communication at times, but that's to be expected in a rapid-growth business. Management is combatting this by holding open forums every week. The occasional last-minute project or random late night or working weekend is not uncommon (but isn't the norm) though this has been less of an occurrence lately (as we've hired more people.)

January 20, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. This is the culture we are trying to build. The only way we can do it is with great employees. --Amazing Academy Management

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews