Amaris Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Amaris Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2019

Amaris CEO Jean-François Thunet
Jean-François Thunet
Pros
  • "Amaris has a great team, working environment is really good(in 21 reviews)

• "Progression rapide en terme de responsabilit(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "encore jeune donc peu de contact entre consultant mis(in 19 reviews)

• "(in 16 reviews)

1. "Good company, not so good salary"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amaris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company always helped me when I had problems and was very flexible. The management seemed to really care about us.

Cons

Salary far below than the market pays.

Amaris2019-08-19
  2. "Very bad salary with no options for improvement"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team buildings are very nice.

Cons

- The salary is very low. - I had the impression that the company was trying to hire only people from less developed countries so that they can pay them less. - When I had my first review I asked for a raise and my manager told me that he didn't have any feedback from the client for the last 3 months. This gave me the impression that the management didn't really care about employee performances.

Amaris2019-12-02

"Good company to boost career"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great international team, mostly because they send you to some of their client sites to provide them with a service, you can come easily to big enterprise companies. Good learning experience and improvement of skills for motivated and proactive people. Many different enterprise sectors that Amaris is involved with, can potentially give you an opportunity to relocate or to change industry in which you have more... motivation to go into....if you try hard enough

Cons

Management is not having proper attitude and business communication with their employees, so sometimes you just feel as a number, and feeling more like you're employee of a client more then your company. Salary and benefits are very modest and don't expect anything too much. Not very prompt in answering/assisting team members in simple (but important) queries from team itself.

Advice to Management

Try to hire more experienced managers with history of proven team management and business development results and a proper feeling how to handle business with clients and more transparent and often communication with your employees, and you will experience better commitment and loyalty that employees would stay longer in this reputable company. Also next to managers, it would be beneficial to have a proper... sales/marketing person to conduct business with a new clients, otherwise its just stagnating.

Amaris2019-04-14
  4. "Consult"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

good environment, great people, growing, good life balance

Cons

not many clients at the moment, more support the consult

Amaris2018-04-19
  5. "Great Working Environment and Challenges"

I have been working at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well defined Structure, clear career path, challenging and interesting projects, good support from the Company

Cons

No Cons identified so far

6. "associate head"

Former Employee - Associate in Mumbai

I worked at Amaris part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

best team work and also members

Cons

time management and as well as

Amaris2019-12-02
  7. "Growing as a person and as a professional"

Current Employee - Operational Director in Lausanne

I have been working at Amaris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not limit for responsibilities or perimeter : carrying the risk as an intrapreneur and learning as much as possible

Cons

Business is tough! Human beings are full or surprises and the job is as difficult

Advice to Management

Continue sharing the vision and be demanding

Amaris2019-11-26
  8. "Solid growth and opportunity"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Medellín, Antioquia

I worked at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

career growth, opportunity to work internationally

Cons

benefits and salary do not seem to grow along with your career advancement and responsibilities

Amaris2019-11-25
  9. "Often wrongly judged"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Amaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Team spirit/company culture - International mobility - Entrepreneurial spirit - People-focused

Cons

This is a fast growing company so maybe it should be made clear during the recruitment process that even if everything is virtually possible to accomplish, it comes with hard work and dedication.

Amaris2019-11-21

"Acceptable job, fair conditions, dissapointing culture."

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Vienna
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amaris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amaris is a fairly renowned company in certain areas and it is well established, making it a stable job and valuable professional experience.

Cons

When signing up many promises were made, which were never fulfilled (i.e. benefits through the client's business, training courses, remote-work and birthday celebratory gifts). Management was often careless and absent-minded - a new guy was hired to join my project, but no arrangements were made for him to be shown around the company, given a desk to work on, or even granted an access card to the building. Yet,... management seemed to always be quick to claim credit when things went well (big speech at a company gathering thanking "management for being the reason behind Amaris doing so well"). HR and hiring was very unbalanced. In my office 75% of the employees were French, leading to exclusion both at the company & during the social events, and a generally unpleasant atmosphere. After concluding our professional relationship, it took 2 months and repeated e-mails to get my work certificate.

Advice to Management

I would advice management to pay closer attention to what is actually going on rather than to gloat up on their "high place". Perhaps they could reduce turnover if they adopted a humbler approach to recognizing that yes, they are scouting the clients, but then it is the developers who do the work day after day and build the client's satisfaction. Finally I would strongly encourage the company to review what is... happening in HR, as chatting by the coffee machine in French for hours and take months to write a 1-page document which by law should be done in at most 1 month after conclusion of a contract is not acceptable.

Amaris2019-11-04